Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Two per lifetime?
14holestogie 03:53 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
So far, that's as many as I've smoked. And from the past two experiences, it may end up that I'll only smoke 2 in my lifetime.
:-)

Not a "WOW, so that's what I was missing" moment for me, either.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:21 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:

Not a "WOW, so that's what I was missing" moment for me, either.
These are decent cigars, I mean I never thought they were dog rockets, but even at MSRP, its hard for me to buy them.
[Reply]
NeuRon 06:57 PM 04-25-2010
id like to personally lower my Limit to Zero per Lifetime

Turds..
[Reply]
neoflex 07:38 PM 04-25-2010
Age, Age and Age is what Opus need to be good IMHO. I always hated them and than I smoked one with three years on it and it is one of the best smokes I ever had. I would put it in my top 5. Smoked another freshie soon after and hated it. So I bought a bunch with the intent to sit on them.
[Reply]
tomc3084 08:03 PM 04-25-2010
not yanking your chains lol I did see this...I do have a lot of my time on my hands, but cmmon now...
Tommy
[Reply]
pnoon 08:04 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by tomc3084:
not yanking your chains lol I did see this...I do have a lot of my time on my hands, but cmmon now...
Tommy
why is that?
[Reply]
tomc3084 08:12 PM 04-25-2010
why do I have a lot of time on my hands? I not able to drive or work due to a head injury, so I am kind of limited on where I can go and what I can do, having to be taxied around
[Reply]
mithrilG60 08:23 PM 04-25-2010
So far, that's as many as I've smoked. And from the past two experiences, it may end up that I'll only smoke 2 in my lifetime.
x2. Opus gets my vote for the most over-hyped barely average cigar of all-time :-)
[Reply]
tomc3084 08:44 PM 04-25-2010
wow, there seems to be a lot of opus hate, lol
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 08:49 PM 04-25-2010
I'm not going to defend the Opus X sticks other than to say that if they are that underwhelming for some, you're welcome to empty your humidor of them and send them to me. You'll be able to take comfort knowing that they went to someone who likes them, and you'll feel good about giving something to someone else out of the kindness of your heart.

Win win for you - plus you don't have to smoke a "turd". So win win win for you.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 09:19 PM 04-25-2010
Hate's probably the wrong word, there are just a decent number of us that feel they are heavily over-hyped and over-priced for what you actually get. I wouldn't call them turds, but I don't think they're any better than most of your average $3 to $5 stick. Certainly nothing to write home about or go out of my way for and definitely don't deserve the premium reputation or price.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:50 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
Hate's probably the wrong word, there are just a decent number of us that feel they are heavily over-hyped and over-priced for what you actually get. I wouldn't call them turds, but I don't think they're any better than most of your average $3 to $5 stick. Certainly nothing to write home about or go out of my way for and definitely don't deserve the premium reputation or price.
I would even pay 6-8 bux for an Opus, but not much more.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:55 PM 04-25-2010
I'm just fine with paying somewhere around MSRP most of the time for Opus. I don't smoke them all of the time but when I do I find them to be well worth it. I don't see how they can be compared to average sticks. They are completely different IMO. If someone has a less than stellar experience just try a different vitola. There seems to be a lot of difference between vitolas.
[Reply]
OLS 07:38 AM 04-26-2010
I TOO have had my lifetime limit. I had a good connection at the height of the boom that let
me get a full 32 stick box of the Double Coronas, but I never really GOT that cigar. I have had
my lifetime limit, and two would have been enough, so that sounds about right.
Sold the Double Coronas, kept the box. So Mario doesn't remind me of his advice, I had the
DOuble Corona, the Perfexxion X and the #2 Piramide. Maybe some others. I prefer Habanos.
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 07:59 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
I TOO have had my lifetime limit. I had a good connection at the height of the boom that let
me get a full 32 stick box of the Double Coronas, but I never really GOT that cigar. I have had
my lifetime limit, and two would have been enough, so that sounds about right.
Sold the Double Coronas, kept the box. So Mario doesn't remind me of his advice, I had the
DOuble Corona, the Perfexxion X and the #2 Piramide. Maybe some others. I prefer Habanos.
To me, this is a large part of the fun in cigars and whisky - trying new things, seeing what you enjoy and what you don't. Each one is its own experience.

I prefer Opus X to most habanos, and when I say most, I mean most by a wide margin.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:08 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
$3 to $5 stick.
That is about the right price range for them, in my opinion, and enjoyable for the price point. 6-8 would be overpaying.
[Reply]
itzfrank 12:54 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
That is about the right price range for them, in my opinion, and enjoyable for the price point. 6-8 would be overpaying.
Price is usually a big determining factor in most of what people like and don't. Most people are the bang for buck type and will only like something when the experience is equivical to the price tag. If you can smoke A for $20/stick but B is almost as good for $9, suddenly A is not worth it. If all cigars were free then I'm sure no one would have a problem smoking Opus X.

Ps. I haven't had the chance to experience one yet.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up