Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Total Shoulder replacment?
Tazziedevil 08:58 PM 04-06-2010
Well, I've had a total shoulder reconstruction... I tore two tendons, a ligament and did cartilage damage to my shoulder. My recovery took awhile, and PT was not so nice. That was about two years ago, and I still don't have full function in my shoulder. It's not nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:08 PM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by andrew:
I work in an ortho hospital and we've had a few TSAs. Like with any surgery, there are risks involved. The most extensive part will be PT. Typically, after the procedure, a three or four day hospitalization is all that's needed to ensure that the patient is stable, then the rest is done in an outpatient setting.

What are your concerns with the procedure?
My main concern is the recovery and hopes of almost normal movement afterward. PT is something i take very seriously and follow to the "T" I do nothing more nothing less than what Im told. However i know my own limits and I will not be rushed to achieve increased angles.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 12:01 AM 04-07-2010
Ive got some good news. Ive been laying down most the night with my bad arm/shoulder propping my head up. I reajusted how i was laying and heard a gawd aweful pop then felt a shooting pain through my whole arm. Ok time for the good news. Now I have full mobility with my arm and there is no pain....... :-):-)

Anyone have any idea what happened? I dont think it was dislocated but what do I know? Its all better now.... Still going to the ortho doc to see whats up.:-)
[Reply]
Ratters 02:39 AM 04-07-2010
Yep, sounds like it was dislocated and popped back in. Fortunately I don't have the problem, but I have a ton of friends who've f-ed their shoulders crashing motorcycles and they tell me that's what it's like. And they tend to get progressively worse. The more it pops out, the more it will pop out. My buddy did it in his sleep last week. At least he is better about getting it popped back in. Last year at a track day he crashed and they pumped him full of drugs for the shoulder until the doc popped it back in. As soon as it went back in, no pain at all.

I beat Laura, btw. :-)
[Reply]
andrew 10:42 AM 04-07-2010
That's great news. From the sound of it, it was probably dislocated (may have even been putting some pressure on a nerve). Beats a TSA for sure.
[Reply]
hotreds 12:07 PM 04-07-2010
Happy to hear. Certainly does sound like what has been suggested. Nonetheless, good idea to see the doc.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 04:43 PM 04-07-2010
Definitely. Something is going on in there.
[Reply]
1badhog07 07:13 PM 04-07-2010
good luck brother,i will be praying for ya!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up