Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>I don't think I would be "approved"...
MedicCook 09:57 PM 03-27-2010
For $300K I want to park my car in a garage attached to my house.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 10:17 PM 03-27-2010
OMG - a yuppie commune.

I believe I'll take a pass. :-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 10:56 PM 03-27-2010
The HOA really doesn't bother me too much but certain things like homeowners can not park the boats in their driveways irks the living crap out of me. I personally don't own one but WHO THE HELL CARES IF HIS BOAT IS ON HIS DRIVEWAY!?!?!?!?!?!?
[Reply]
icehog3 10:57 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
that looks sweet!!!!!
Nothing like some roast pig in F-L-A. :-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 11:00 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Nothing like some roast pig in F-L-A. :-)
I think I want to try that this spring/summer. Google here I come.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:01 PM 03-27-2010
I think I want to try that this spring/summer. Google here I come.
Now that just might get the S.H.I.T.ers to come up your way. :-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 11:02 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Now that just might get the S.H.I.T.ers to come up your way. :-)
Then rest assured it will be done. Just give me some time.
[Reply]
stitch 11:12 PM 03-27-2010
I would get banned from the site if I used the language required to express my opinion of that. :-) :-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 12:08 AM 03-28-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
Today, I looked up the covenants of the HOA for the house I just bought. This one just baffled me:

"Frequent barking or howling of dogs or annoying behavior of pets to homeowners, can result in the pets being impounded by Animal Control."
There would need to be a precise definition of what exactly qualifies as "annoying behavior of pets to homeowners" but I'd actually support this on a whole and think it should be a city wide by-law. I absolutely cannot stand yappy, barky or whiny dogs. More to the point I can't stand owners that allow their dogs to be that way since it's not the animal's fault, it's the owners.
[Reply]
forgop 12:37 PM 03-28-2010
The HOA really doesn't bother me too much but certain things like homeowners can not park the boats in their driveways irks the living crap out of me. I personally don't own one but WHO THE HELL CARES IF HIS BOAT IS ON HIS DRIVEWAY!?!?!?!?!?!?
I don't like seeing boats, campers, etc left outside. My current HOA is lenient in the sense of allowing it for a couple of days, but after awhile, it becomes annoying IMO.
[Reply]
forgop 12:43 PM 03-28-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
There would need to be a precise definition of what exactly qualifies as "annoying behavior of pets to homeowners" but I'd actually support this on a whole and think it should be a city wide by-law. I absolutely cannot stand yappy, barky or whiny dogs. More to the point I can't stand owners that allow their dogs to be that way since it's not the animal's fault, it's the owners.
I'm not one to leave my dogs out to bark at everything that moves. They are indoor dogs and I don't want to hear my dogs outside barking any more than somebody elses dogs. That said, I just take issue with the HOA acting as if they or animal control has the legal jurisdiction to enter my property and take my dogs for barking in my back yard. If they're out roaming the neighborhood, I have no grounds to complain. But I will tell the HOA board they have no grounds to demand that my dogs be impounded.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 01:17 PM 03-28-2010
But I will tell the HOA board they have no grounds to demand that my dogs be impounded.
They do if you sign the HOA agreement when you move in.
[Reply]
tobii3 01:27 PM 03-28-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Or roast a pig in your driveway. :-)

What the hell is that? a CAT?? Shish-ka-pig??

Damn, some of y'all need to know what a REAL Pig-pickin looks like!

And there ain't NO WAY in hell I would live in a "commune" that didn't allow me to be normal.
[Reply]
Whynot 01:52 PM 03-28-2010
I don't like seeing boats, campers, etc left outside. My current HOA is lenient in the sense of allowing it for a couple of days, but after awhile, it becomes annoying IMO.
I'm not one to leave my dogs out to bark at everything that moves. They are indoor dogs and I don't want to hear my dogs outside barking any more than somebody elses dogs. That said, I just take issue with the HOA acting as if they or animal control has the legal jurisdiction to enter my property and take my dogs for barking in my back yard. If they're out roaming the neighborhood, I have no grounds to complain. But I will tell the HOA board they have no grounds to demand that my dogs be impounded.
Isn't that contradictory? I take issue with the HOA telling me what I can park on my property. As long as the camper/boat is in good repair, I see no problem.
[Reply]
mad4maduro 05:37 PM 03-28-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:

And what do you say when they hand you kool-aid?
:-)
[Reply]
forgop 05:42 PM 03-28-2010
Originally Posted by Whynot:
Isn't that contradictory? I take issue with the HOA telling me what I can park on my property. As long as the camper/boat is in good repair, I see no problem.
I'm just not the type that likes staring at stuff (boats, campers, never-moved cars, etc) for extended periods of time.
[Reply]
tobii3 06:02 PM 03-28-2010
so, um, sit in the backyard?

:-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 03:39 PM 03-29-2010
I say **** HOA's. I hate them that much. Fortunately I have the choice to not live in one. If I want my boat or buggy in my driveway it's going there!!!
[Reply]
forgop 04:08 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
I say **** HOA's. I hate them that much. Fortunately I have the choice to not live in one. If I want my boat or buggy in my driveway it's going there!!!
Not in my neighborhood. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
captain53 04:16 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Amen Brother!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up