Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Anything like padron anniversary
Blueface 07:07 PM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Very nice Carlos. I have a handful of the old black band Fumas too! :-)
I would give anything to have more than one left.
They are so, so good for a regular cheap cigar often just found on outdoor shelves in Cuban coffee shops in Miami.
Those were the days.
[Reply]
big a 07:10 PM 03-05-2010
Well that is what I expected. For everyone that loves the anniversary smokes, what other smokes do you really enjoy?
[Reply]
Blueface 07:17 PM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by big a:
Well that is what I expected. For everyone that loves the anniversary smokes, what other smokes do you really enjoy?
Would take too long to list.
I personally enjoy cigars, period. The better they are, the more I enjoy them.
For NC's, a Padron Anni is a great treat that I can never have in stock as they go first.
Other than Padrons, as far as NC's, I smoke 601's, Cubaos, anything from Pepin, Oliva, Torano, Padilla, Ernesto Carillo (LGC), El Titan de Bronze, Avo, Greycliff and on and on.
Under Cubans, any of them that will drag and not be plugged as is my luck generally.
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:35 PM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Would take too long to list.
I personally enjoy cigars, period. The better they are, the more I enjoy them.
For NC's, a Padron Anni is a great treat that I can never have in stock as they go first.
Other than Padrons, as far as NC's, I smoke 601's, Cubaos, anything from Pepin, Oliva, Torano, Padilla, Ernesto Carillo (LGC), El Titan de Bronze, Avo, Greycliff and on and on.
Under Cubans, any of them that will drag and not be plugged as is my luck generally.
Wow...you just described me to a tee....just never had an El Titan de Bronze. :-)

Love the bolded statement. :-)
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 07:39 PM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by big a:
Partagas, Bolivar. Anything CC and relatively bold.
[Reply]
Noomis 07:56 PM 03-05-2010
Try a Padrón Corticos. The quality of the tobacco is much better than that of the Classic series––supposedly, the Corticos are composed of the same tobacco as the '64 Anniversary sticks, but in a much smaller vitola (4.25" x 32) and cheaper (~$2.00/stick).
[Reply]
papichulo 12:53 PM 03-08-2010
buy a 26 #35 maduro to get your fix for $10. I agree about the Illusione, but not quite there.
[Reply]
shottabacardi 02:57 PM 03-09-2010
how about the tatuaje la riqueza number 4? it seems to taste pretty dam similar to the padron 1964, and they can normally be found around 7-8 bucks.
[Reply]
uptown_isy 02:58 PM 03-09-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
There ain't anything like a Padron.
X2
[Reply]
PeteSB75 03:04 PM 03-09-2010
Personally, the 64 maduros are worlds better than any 26 I've ever smoked. I generally try to keep a box of superiors in my humi. Last time I bought them they were about 200-220/box, so not breaking the bank at all as premium NCs go. I've heard people compare aged '000 series, but never tried them. IMO any Pepin blended, while still very good, are not at all the same. Only other NC I've had that I like as much are the Fuente Anejo, and they are as or more expensive.
[Reply]
Addiction 06:04 AM 03-10-2010
Padron makes no secret of it, the only difference between their lines is the aging of the tobacco. Get some of the x000 lines and put them away for a good long time you should end up with somethign Padron like.
[Reply]
duckmanco 07:17 AM 03-10-2010
^^^ Ahhh, but they allegedly make secret about which wrapper gets used on the 26 though.... I love that cigar, but I do think its San Andres.
[Reply]
Volt 08:28 AM 03-10-2010
Well, I disagree with most here. The Nica Libre has a lot of similiar flaovers/taste to the 64 (I have never had a 26). None of the X000 apeal to me so I was also looking for an easier on the wallet smoke. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't replace a 64, but is way cheaper and close enough for me as a more daily smoke. And another plus - they are ver inexpensive.

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=862617
[Reply]
JJG 08:54 AM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by Addiction:
Padron makes no secret of it, the only difference between their lines is the aging of the tobacco. Get some of the x000 lines and put them away for a good long time you should end up with somethign Padron like.
I have heard this too, but having smoked a good amount of all three lines, I find it hard to believe. The 64's and 26's are just much more full flavored than the x000 line. I don't think you can just put away a box 3000s for 7 years and expect them to gain the boldness of the other two.

same tobacco? sure! There is a unique and consistent flavor across all three.

but same blend? not so sure.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:57 AM 03-10-2010
I keep hearing the Nica Libre is real close...gonna have to give them a shot. For the price, I can't go wrong. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 09:04 AM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I keep hearing the Nica Libre is real close...gonna have to give them a shot. For the price, I can't go wrong. :-)
Some Inmates Like Them Better! I Should Try These, Too, Mac!:-)
[Reply]
issues 09:54 AM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Some Inmates Like Them Better! I Should Try These, Too, Mac!:-)
I think I may as well.

I am a fan of Padron and if I can find something that cheap that is very similar it would make me quite happy. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:57 AM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
I think I may as well.

I am a fan of Padron and if I can find something that cheap that is very similar it would make me quite happy. :-)
Being a Padron Anni whore, I must also try them.
I will do so with an open mind but it is so, so hard to imagine a comparable cigar that is much cheaper.
[Reply]
issues 10:08 AM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Being a Padron Anni whore, I must also try them.
I will do so with an open mind but it is so, so hard to imagine a comparable cigar that is much cheaper.
I agree.

I know I can't fairly compare it to a Serie 1926 or the Family Reserve lines but if it's anything like a PAM Exclusivo at almost 1/4 the price I would probably have to buy a few boxes!
[Reply]
floydpink 10:14 AM 03-10-2010
For me, there are very few cigars that are a better value than a Padron Londres Maduro.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up