Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars & Golfing
Beer Doctor 08:48 PM 03-04-2010
I smoke a cigar every time I golf whether it's playing the twilight special by myself or with a foursome. I usually walk when I play and I don't have a cigar clip. When I'm about to make a shot I just throw the cigar on the ground. I'm usually in the rough so it has some cushion:-) If I'm actually on the fairway I'll just lightly throw it on the ground. I don't take great cigars on the course with me because I'm not really concentrating on them. If you don't have a cigar clip don't worry. You'll be fine. BTW I'm REALLY jealous that you're golfing. I can't wait...
[Reply]
colinb913 08:50 PM 03-04-2010
Ha, I am finally of age to drive a cart at my local links, so I can't wait to get to drive and not have to walk em.
[Reply]
jlaker 08:52 PM 03-04-2010
Take what you like. I know it is a vague suggestion, but I mean it. I normally take two or three. I'll take a few corona gordas and a robusto or a churchill and a mix of things. If I want to relax after the round, I still have a smoke to enjoy.
[Reply]
colinb913 08:54 PM 03-04-2010
Alright, sounds like a diesel, and maybe a man o war.
[Reply]
Razorhog 09:09 PM 03-04-2010
Try to take cigars that don't damage easily - I use the clip but sometimes forget I have the stogie and end up tossing it on the ground like Marcus. I've tried leaving it in my mouth and ended up getting ashes all over my left shoulder :-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 09:18 PM 03-04-2010
I've only gone 2x and both times had a smoke with me. It was actually the first thing I packed.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:41 PM 03-04-2010
I use one of these on the course...

http://www.holeinonecigarholder.com/

Can slip it into one of the holes for a tee in the cart, or slip it out and stick it in the turf. Use it all the time...
[Reply]
fuente~fuente 12:14 AM 03-05-2010
I used to take decent sticks to the course, but I'm done with that.:-)

They smoke like ****, you have to relight it 70 times, you leave it on the last hole, your buddy runs it the F over with the cart, etc...

So I take things like Flor de Oliva's, Perdomo Fresco's, & Don Tomas.:-)
[Reply]
jdakine 01:12 AM 03-05-2010
Cigars on the course are a must. I like a big stick for the course about med body. As for the clip, they are nice to have, but I just place it near my ball a swing away:-)

In most cases the golf course will pair you up with someone anyway, so you may not be alone. A bad day of golf is better than any day of work.
[Reply]
Patrick B 01:28 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by Beer Doctor:
I smoke a cigar every time I golf whether it's playing the twilight special by myself or with a foursome. I usually walk when I play and I don't have a cigar clip. When I'm about to make a shot I just throw the cigar on the ground. I'm usually in the rough so it has some cushion:-) If I'm actually on the fairway I'll just lightly throw it on the ground. I don't take great cigars on the course with me because I'm not really concentrating on them. If you don't have a cigar clip don't worry. You'll be fine. BTW I'm REALLY jealous that you're golfing. I can't wait...
Ditto on all accounts. Just lay that sumbich down and hit your shot. I smoke tons of great cigars but never on the course. You should be concentrating on your game enough that the cigar is almost an afterthought so smoke your cheaper cigars during and your good stuff afterwards.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 02:45 AM 03-05-2010
We got some prissy men out there :-) I'm with everyone on throw it on the ground, hit your shot and move on.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:32 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by colinb913:
Beer is still a bit of a far off legal drink for this youngin. What is a good stick(s) that will last me 18 holes? I am taking my diesel for sure any other recommendations?
Perdoma "Golf" Is One Of My Favorites! Fairly Inexpensive & Seem To Stay Lit & Take Abuse Well On The Course!:-) P.S. Definitely Buy A "Clip"!:-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 05:03 AM 03-05-2010
Cigar minder.

I never golf without a smoke. It would just seem weird.
[Reply]
ade06 08:02 AM 03-05-2010
I always smoke cigars on the golf course. I tend to bring large cheap ones so they last I'm not worried about wasting money on a great cigar. Regarding holders, I use this one http://heaterholder.com/. Before that I would lay it on the seat of the cart or when around the greens/fairways, I would rest the cigar on the extra club (e.g. wedge on the putting green) lit end down, so that the mouth part of the cigar doesn't contact the grass. Golf courses use too many pesticides to be licking on the grass. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
maninblack 08:13 AM 03-05-2010
I don't know if I'd take the MOW. It might make you a little loopy and throw your shots off.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:20 AM 03-05-2010
Always bring cigars, and I lay them on the ground to hit. I"m a man, dammit.
:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 08:23 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I don't know if I'd take the MOW. It might make you a little loopy and throw your shots off.
I'm gonna use that the next time I shank one: "Nicotine threw my timing off." :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:35 AM 03-05-2010
I play alone most of the time and have at least 4 cigars on the course during a round. I just use the cart or the ground to hold the cigar. I find if I concentrate on the cigar I play better because I don't overthink my game.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:38 AM 03-05-2010
i didn't know it was possible to golf without a cigar... ?
[Reply]
Kreth 08:41 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I play alone most of the time and have at least 4 cigars on the course during a round.
4?! Do you smoke PCs on the course?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up