Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Nicaraguan Puros
marge796 09:02 PM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
IMO, doesn't get much better than a nice, full-bodied, full-power smoke and a Barq's root beer. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Throw a little Captain Morgan in with that Barqs and full bodied cigar and life is goooooood!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Trouble 09:13 PM 02-18-2010
[quote=marge796;764345]Throw a little Captain Morgan in with that Barqs and full bodied cigar and life is goooooood!

OK. Might as well throw in a couple hot babes for good measure.
[Reply]
neoflex 09:17 PM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by marge796:
Throw a little Captain Morgan in with that Barqs and full bodied cigar and life is goooooood!

:-)

Chris.....
My summertime drink when outside smoking is Dr. Pepper and Capt. Morgan. Good stuff. I may have to try the Barqs.
Trouble if you throw in the hot babes chances are you could be smoking a complete dog rocket and you won't care because your mind will be too preoccupied.:-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 03:01 PM 02-19-2010
Originally Posted by Trouble:
Was not loving the series G. It was good but would not buy it again. I did get a V today along with my first Opus X. Have to give them a try
A lot of the Nic puros I enjoy need a little rest to really give a true account of themselves. Two right off the bat that I can think of are Oliva Series G...you mentioned, and the Sancho Panza DM---both benefit ( as we will when enjoying them) from 6 months in the Humi.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 05:12 PM 02-19-2010
i also thought that connecticut broadleaf was grown in connecticut. is this the case, or not?
[Reply]
Snake Hips 03:24 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
i also thought that connecticut broadleaf was grown in connecticut. is this the case, or not?
Most of it is. Connecticut Broadleaf is a tobacco strain, just as Sumatra and Habano are, even though for the most part neither of those are grown in Sumatra or Havana. But Connecticut is the opposite - the vast majority is grown in Connecticut, but some is grown elsewhere (mostly Ecuador).
[Reply]
Kreth 03:43 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
But Connecticut is the opposite - the vast majority is grown in Connecticut, but some is grown elsewhere (mostly Ecuador).
I remember reading somewhere that the majority of Connecticut broadleaf was actually grown in MA. The name comes from the Conn. River valley, and not the state.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
jaydub13 03:47 PM 02-20-2010
I know exactly what you mean. I have been loving the nicaraguans recently, but not enjoying so many others. Nic or Dominican puros for me, thanks.

Oh, and I agree on the rocky patel decade. I REALLY wanted to like that cigar, but frankly, I found myself just smoking to finish it, rather than enjoying it. Ditto with the OWR.
[Reply]
Trouble 04:07 PM 02-20-2010
That is funny. I am not sure why but I really wanted to love the Decade as well. I tried so hard to enjoy it.
[Reply]
njstone 08:31 PM 02-20-2010
I also get confused on terminology and country of origin for wrappers. Like the Tatuaje Havana VI uses a "Habano Equador" wrapper ... but I think it's grown in Nicaragua.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:19 PM 02-20-2010
Don't forget Honduras. A lot of good strong cigars from there.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:50 PM 02-20-2010
Man... I just love cigars!
[Reply]
njstone 11:11 PM 02-20-2010
Yea, I too have been WAY into Nicaraguans this year, to the point where I recently said that I hardly like anything NOT from Nica. But then I smoked the nicer Fuentes (Anejo, Opus, WOAM) and started getting into LFDs, and remembered that I like La Aurora, lol.

And I also really do like the RP Decade and OWR. The Decade needs to AGE, guys--try one with a year on it and it's a whole 'nother cigar! You may still not care for it, of course, to each his own.

But I agree too that many/most of the Nica puros I like need additional aging, most notoriously Padron regular lines and Tats. I think virtually all Tats need some additional rest, if not a full year.
[Reply]
Trouble 12:09 AM 02-21-2010
I had a tat 2003 cojonu and it was incredible. I could not imagine how good it would be with some age.

I just picked up 10 yesterday but really do not anticipate any of them making it past a month.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:49 AM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by njstone:
But I agree too that many/most of the Nica puros I like need additional aging, most notoriously Padron regular lines and Tats.
Now that I've built up enough of a collection that I can let stuff rest, I'm finding that many of my favorites are just that much better. The flavors just become smoother.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:56 AM 02-21-2010
I'm with ya brother. Nearly all of my favorite NCs are Nics/Nic puros. I like the strength and spice of them and love what some age does to the ones I buy.
[Reply]
alpha8a 01:57 PM 02-21-2010
I haven't been smoking all that long but I too find myself loving the Nicaraguan cigars.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up