Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: When do you own a box?
Only if the box is full 43 37.07%
1+ cigars(s) have been consumed 33 28.45%
Addiction's definition is wack!! 46 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>When do you own a box?
Cigargal 10:16 AM 01-20-2010
I'm not sure anyone on this forum is dealing with a full box :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:40 AM 01-20-2010
Is this a partial box of cigars or partially a box of cigars?
Is it even a box at all?
Does this person even have cigars?
Is it half full or half empty, if he once had another box to go with this once use to be box?
Could these Anejos be too old to qualify as cigars and now should be called vintage?
Does a box of vintage qualify as a box of cigars?
Does a box that once housed cigars and is now empty still qualify as a box of cigars or is it just a box that WAS for cigars?
Why does the sun rise in the east and set in the west?
Why do people drive on parkways and park on driveways?
Why do birds suddenly appear, every time, you are near, just like me, they long to be, close to you. On the day that you were born, the angels got together and decided................................
Why did I just recite the freaking lyrics to a Carpenters song?
What the hell am I doing?
Why am I not smoking a cigar from a box that use to be a box before I killed the idea it is still a box?
Attached: Anejo46partial.jpg (84.9 KB) 
[Reply]
markem 10:44 AM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
If you disagree, I have a box of Escudos to sell you for $300.

There are only 4 cigars in it, but it's a box, right? :-)
me Image me Image pick me. The rest of you stay away Image

Originally Posted by :
(I am not selling Cuban cigars, this is a inside joke / lame attempt at humor).
oh fiddle sticks Image
[Reply]
rack04 10:50 AM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by McSmokey:
I would say yes because supposedly all sticks came from the same factory on the same date
I respectfully disagree. What if the boxes came from different vendors? What if they have different shade wrappers? There are a lot of variances between boxes. I couldn't in good conscience combine two partial boxes into one and market it as a box.
[Reply]
McSmokey 10:52 AM 01-20-2010
Carlos you'll need to send those to me so I can confirm that it is not a box :-) :-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:55 AM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by rack04:
I respectfully disagree. What if the boxes came from different vendors? What if they have different shade wrappers? There are a lot of variances between boxes. I couldn't in good conscience combine two partial boxes into one and market it as a box.
Shading is just for presentation.
Many boxes, in spite of color segmentation have various shades within it.
In fact, many boxes have had one shade on the top row with yet a different shade on the bottom row.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:55 AM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by McSmokey:
Carlos you'll need to send those to me so I can confirm that it is not a box
Wish I could.
Not mine.
Found it on Google Images.:-)

I have a feeling I am going to have fun with this thread.:-)

Is an egg a chicken or is an egg not a chicken because it has yet to hatch? If a chicken is then born with one leg, since it does not have two, is it then not a chicken, or better yet, is it a Partial Chicken?:-)
[Reply]
McSmokey 10:57 AM 01-20-2010
I've been had!!! :-):-)
[Reply]
bobarian 10:58 AM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
I'm not sure anyone on this forum is dealing with a full box :-)
My brain hurts!
[Reply]
Blueface 11:01 AM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:

Is an egg a chicken or is an egg not a chicken because it has yet to hatch? If a chicken is then born with one leg, since it does not have two, is it then not a chicken, or better yet, is it a Partial Chicken?:-)
Does it matte what you call it as it won't be able to freaking walk over to you anyway?:-)
Next,
What if that "whatever" goes to market, is bought and cooked. What does mom tell her family she cooked?
What if it had two legs, is cooked and someone eats one leg. No longer a chicken?

This is killing me!!!
I need to know!!!
[Reply]
Deputy 11:05 AM 01-20-2010
This is a weird topic. The arguement is one of semantics...i would classify a box of cigars as one full of cigars. But too each their own. This will probably be as varied as peoples tastes in cigars.
[Reply]
slickster81 11:27 AM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by Deputy:
This is a weird topic. The arguement is one of semantics...i would classify a box of cigars as one full of cigars. But too each their own. This will probably be as varied as peoples tastes in cigars.
It would be if anyone were serious here.

Kudos to Crystal for making it a perfect justification to go shopping!

Give that girl a cigar!!! :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 11:29 AM 01-20-2010
I am with addiction on this one.

However I think of my overall volume in boxes so in my case I think I have 110 to 120 boxes...........where that implies the total # of sticks but I probably only have 60 or so actual boxes :-) but another 70 to 80 partials

:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:36 AM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by Addiction:
If you sold 21 cigars as a box, and that box of cigars started with 25, you would get flamed over it. So clearly less than the full compliment isn't a box.
Obviously, this is a truism. And, were I to say "I just bought 3 boxes of Punch Rotschilds, you'd assume I have 150 cigars."

However, were I to say, "I bought 3 boxes of cigars last month - one Punch Rothschilds, one Oliva O Coronas, and one AF Chateaus." One may or may not assume they are still full. However, I have the boxes - they are in my humidor - and some are more full than others. Do I have boxes of those cigars? Yes! With the cellophane off, most who would look into my coolerdor would assume they are not full boxes.

If people come into my garage, they will see many cigar boxes, but they assume they hold many things other than cigars.

And, when I go to sell cigars, I'd say, "I have a box 11/20 of Oliva O Rothschilds for $XX.00." Or, "I have a full box of Oliva O Rothschilds for $XX.00."

I think we could be straining at grammatical gnats here. Most would define what they mean by "a box of cigars" as they state it.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:48 AM 01-20-2010
After careful thought, I want to thank all in this thread.
I feel confident I can now face my wife and make a solid argument why I need to buy more cigars.
Clearly, I now understand that I don't have the number of boxes she sees and thinks I have. What I have is half of what she thinks I have, which is twice as many as she cares to see.
So.....I will either be back around soon posting, with an accumulated true number of boxes of cigars as has now been clearly defined OR I will be dead somewhere. If the latter, please note it was my wife that did it.:-)
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 12:00 PM 01-20-2010
If the box only had one cigar in it than it would be a box with cigar!
[Reply]
Blueface 12:09 PM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry:
If the box only had one cigar in it than it would be a box with cigar!
I have the next one.

If the box only had TWO cigars in it then it would be a box with cigarS.

So I gather the critical issue here is a box OF cigars or a box WITH cigars.
[Reply]
JaKaacH 12:10 PM 01-20-2010
If a mans head had one hair on it would he be bald..?
[Reply]
Blueface 12:11 PM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
If a mans head had one hair on it would he be bald..?
OK,
Would he have hair?:-)
It is not a full head!
[Reply]
Blueface 12:13 PM 01-20-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
After careful thought, I want to thank all in this thread.
I feel confident I can now face my wife and make a solid argument why I need to buy more cigars.
Clearly, I now understand that I don't have the number of boxes she sees and thinks I have. What I have is half of what she thinks I have, which is twice as many as she cares to see.
So.....I will either be back around soon posting, with an accumulated true number of boxes of cigars as has now been clearly defined OR I will be dead somewhere. If the latter, please note it was my wife that did it.:-)
My wife happened to call me and I mentioned this to her.
Here is her response, as close as I can paraphrase it:

Well then, since you don't have that many boxes, that means you can shove them all up your ..... as they will fit better now.:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up