Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>5 Cigars That Will Prove You Are A Man
Kreth 03:05 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I don't know about the T110 but the JdN Antano has been out for a few years at least. I would guess 2006 or earlier.
Ah, ok. Seems like there's been a lot of buzz just in the last few months, so I assumed it was a recent release.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 03:06 PM 01-18-2010
I can't think of a cigar that knocked me on my ass before other than the edge maduro, but that was my very first cigar that I've ever had and this was years ago. The Camacho TM was just full of flavors imo, the LFD Cheroot was full bodied but did not do it for me. Hmmm gotta think about this one.
[Reply]
Kreth 03:11 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
the LFD Cheroot was full bodied but did not do it for me.
That's kinda how I feel about the CAO Italia. Loved the Brazilia, but the Italia just seemed strong for the sake of being strong.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:13 PM 01-18-2010
Another one that knocks me on my a$$ every time I torch it is the Essencia. For whatever reason, this stick is my kryptonite.
[Reply]
Steve 03:14 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
The title should read "5 Cigars That Will Prove You Like Strong Cigars".
Being able to tolerate and/or enjoy strong cigars has nothing to do with "being a man".

Not directed at you, Jeff. I just get tired of all the BS trying to define what it means to be a man. In a forced basso voice, "Smoking Cuban cigars proves you're a real man." or "Smoking RG 50+ proves your a real man".

/mini-rant off
:-)

BTW, All of those are great tasting cigars to me, and are staples in my barn.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 03:15 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Another one that knocks me on my a$$ every time I torch it is the Essencia. For whatever reason, this stick is my kryptonite.
I can send you some macanudos if essencias are too strong for you. :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 03:15 PM 01-18-2010
Joya de Nicotinas came out in 2002.

Trust me, THIS I know.

[Reply]
Kreth 03:18 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
MedicCook had one of the gift boxes at our last herf. I seriously considered beaning him with my massive CA coin and swiping it. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:20 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Joya de Nicotinas came out in 2002.

Trust me, THIS I know.

I'm sure you mean the Antano as JdN's have been around since the late 60's.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:26 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
I can send you some macanudos if essencias are too strong for you. :-)
Smarta$$!!!! :-) :-)

Originally Posted by Kreth:
MedicCook had one of the gift boxes at our last herf. I seriously considered beaning him with my massive CA coin and swiping it. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know what it is about the Essencia...I normally smoke strong spicy sticks with no issues whatsoever. Camacho Triple Maduros, LFD Maduro Chisels...my flavor profile has been the stronger, the better. But that Essencia makes my eyes water and stomach flip every time I smoke it. Don't get me wrong, they are tasty as hell...but damn...
[Reply]
systm 03:29 PM 01-18-2010
I don't know what the deal is with The V being on there, but its not that "manly" or strong, IMHO. I feel its more flavorful yes, but it doesn't seem to overly so. haven't had the figurado or the torpedo but I have them to try soon.
[Reply]
neoflex 03:39 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Just goes to show ya that everyone is different. I think they are all good cigars but, to me, only one is what I would call strong. The Chisel.
:-) My thoughts exactly.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:39 PM 01-18-2010
Now when I was a
young boy, at the age
of five
My mother said I was,
gonna be the greatest
man alive
But now I'm a man, way past 21
Want you to believe me baby,
I had lot's of fun
I'm a man
I spell mmm, aaa child, nnn
That represents man
No B, O child, Y
That mean mannish boy
I'm a man
I'm a full grown man
I'm a man
I'm a natural born lovers man
I'm a man
I'm a rollin' stone
I'm a man
I'm a hoochie coochie man
[Reply]
kydsid 09:44 PM 01-18-2010
The San Cristobal is a strong cigar?
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:49 PM 01-18-2010
This also proves that everyone's palate is different. I've smoked all of them and never found any of them all that strong. The 601 blue I found to be the most mild of the 601 line.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:51 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Just goes to show ya that everyone is different. I think they are all good cigars but, to me, only one is what I would call strong. The Chisel.
+1
[Reply]
Deputy 09:26 AM 01-19-2010
JdN Antano is a great smoke! Very strong and tasty. I picked up a box on FS about 6 months ago and just broke into the box recently.
[Reply]
Steve 09:27 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by Deputy:
JdN Antano is a great smoke! Very strong and tasty. I picked up a box on FS about 6 months ago and just broke into the box recently.
One of my fav's! :-):-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:50 AM 01-19-2010
Man, woman, or whatever...

They left El Rico Habano off the list of strong smokes too.
[Reply]
RightAJ 09:52 AM 01-19-2010
The T110 and JDN Antonio should really top that list... Also, I haven't had one yet but from what I've heard maybe the RyJ Cazedores? If we're talking about strong sticks that is

aj
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up