Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>How do you label your cigars?
MrOneEyedBoh 05:10 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by Tenor CS:
You know what I was thinking of trying to get ahold of?

Sometimes, in restaurants, you get your silverware wrapped in a napkin, held together by a paper ring. The adhesive is stronger than a post-it note, and they definitely seem big eough to wrap around a cigar.

Anybody with connections to the restaurant industry have a lead on where to get these, and if they are cost effective compared to the fancy cigar bands?

PS: Group buy?
I do have connections and Im going to the warehouse today. Im sure I have to buy TONS of them, so maybe we can get a few people into buying them? I'll grab some if I see them.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 05:15 AM 01-10-2010
Also thanks for that template! Do you know what the dimensions are? Like If I want to label a petite corona, would these work?
[Reply]
14holestogie 05:18 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
Also thanks for that template! Do you know what the dimensions are? Like If I want to label a petite corona, would these work?
I use something similar in Excel and find these work for 30-56 RG equally well.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 05:24 AM 01-10-2010
Is it the same template? Or similar? I dont use excel ever and I dont know how to tell the size. Are there like rulers I can click to show on the screen ( similar to photoshop ) so I can see the size?
[Reply]
14holestogie 06:17 AM 01-10-2010
Is it the same template? Or similar? I dont use excel ever and I dont know how to tell the size. Are there like rulers I can click to show on the screen ( similar to photoshop ) so I can see the size?
My labels are about 3/4 x 3 1/4 inches, 26 to a page, works out to less than a penny a piece by my guess. 3 lines (manufacturer, brand and when/how received).
[Reply]
Tenor CS 06:20 AM 01-10-2010
I do have connections and Im going to the warehouse today. Im sure I have to buy TONS of them, so maybe we can get a few people into buying them? I'll grab some if I see them.
I found an online place that had them for about $14 for a pack of 2000 (for the napkin rings)
[Reply]
T.G 08:05 AM 01-10-2010
1" x 3" at the cut lines, but text usually only takes up a 3/4" wide area in the center of the band.

Should be fine for a petite corona, maybe you have to trim the flaps a bit more. You'll figure that out pretty quick once you test fit the first label.

Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
I use something similar in Excel and find these work for 30-56 RG equally well.
Probably about the same for these.

Not the same template, but they are similiar. I think you can put up rulers, but I don't see the point in them for this as text is centered, so you can just trim the flaps if they are too long.

My labels are about 3/4 x 3 1/4 inches, 26 to a page, works out to less than a penny a piece by my guess. 3 lines (manufacturer, brand and when/how received).
These are 1" x 3", 20 per page, 4 lines per band.
[Reply]
14holestogie 08:28 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Not the same template, but they are similiar. I think you can put up rulers, but I don't see the point in them for this as text is centered, so you can just trim the flaps if they are too long.

I start mine text on the left and start the roll on the right. No extra cutting required for smaller RG. :-)
[Reply]
marge796 08:51 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
:-) Me too!!!

Me three
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:54 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by dunng:
I do it anyways... :-)

Very impressed at your cleanliness and organizational skills. I do not think i have the patience to make labels though... But if i did, i'd use your method.
[Reply]
T.G 08:58 AM 01-10-2010
I start mine text on the left and start the roll on the right. No extra cutting required for smaller RG. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 09:00 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
:-)
...just sayin.... :-)
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 07:01 PM 01-10-2010
Thx
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12