s15driftking 03:03 PM 01-09-2010
Originally Posted by acruce:
Looks like it's a done deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

nothing is written yet...
[Reply]
gorob23 03:08 PM 01-09-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Hey, if USC would offer him the same outrageous $5M/year contract Texas gave Mack Brown, he may stay. :-)
Rumor has it he is being offered 35 MILLION plus control of many things.

I was around when McKay left and a guy named John Robinson did ok.. (the 1st time around) :-)

Rob :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:51 AM 01-10-2010
Im not a control freak.... But i'd love to talk some sense into PC right now. I personally idolize his style of coaching! I want to see him at USC next year.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:00 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
nothing is written yet...
So you're still taking that 5er bet?:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 09:01 AM 01-10-2010
I loved Mark Sanchez's post game comments to PC...

"I just wanted everybody to know I completely disagree with his decision," Sanchez said, unable to stifle laughter. "Statistics show that it's not a good choice." :-) :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:14 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by ucla695:
I loved Mark Sanchez's post game comments to PC...
saw that, what about the nice little jab he made at the end!!
[Reply]
chachee52 10:21 AM 01-10-2010
Just saw on the NFL Pre-game that Pete is going to make a descion by Monday. The wierd thing is that they are reporting that he will ONLY have authority to coach, no desicion on drafts or players. The GM will have that, and they don't have a GM yet!!
I wouldn't want that as a coach. I don't think that he'd do well in that situation, or any coach for that matter unless you know the GM and the GM knows your style. The coach has to have say in who he plays in the NFL!!!
I'm a Michigan fan, but have followed what he's done at USC, I hope he stays there. Its the right job for him.
Just my 2cents
[Reply]
ucla695 06:11 PM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by chachee52:
Just saw on the NFL Pre-game that Pete is going to make a descion by Monday. The wierd thing is that they are reporting that he will ONLY have authority to coach, no desicion on drafts or players. The GM will have that, and they don't have a GM yet!!
I wouldn't want that as a coach. I don't think that he'd do well in that situation, or any coach for that matter unless you know the GM and the GM knows your style. The coach has to have say in who he plays in the NFL!!!
I'm a Michigan fan, but have followed what he's done at USC, I hope he stays there. Its the right job for him.
Just my 2cents
Sounds like this is turning into the typical PC silly season stuff. Can't wait to see how it plays out....
[Reply]
Cigary 06:32 PM 01-10-2010
Guess he is the new coach for the Seahawks. Wonder how much they will pay him?
[Reply]
OLS 07:08 AM 01-11-2010
Take advantage of the hindsight by which U of Memphis fans see nowadays.
Everyone was shocked as to why John Calipari would take a job at UK.
He had the best draft class of his career in hand, he had said he loved it here
and never wanted to leave, even using those exact words to put the screws to the school in
his last contract negotiations, just 9 months prior, and he was going to take the school to the
NCAA championship.

But he was LEAVING?
Of course he was leaving, because there was no reason to stay on a sinking ship, a ship that he himself
had sunk. And SOMEHOW, he was being allowed to take the entire class to UK with him. Neato.
As fans in the Memphis area, our sports radio DJs ponder weekly why Derek Rose was cleared
by the NCAA to play, and suddenly UM was being sanctioned because he was NOT eligible to play? And all
the while, the Reggie Bush accusations just hang out there in space and never stick to anything, and there
are other issues on top of that. And now it is the basketball team if I understand it correctly. Pete Carroll is
getting out while the getting is good, and it sounds like the getting is REALLY good.
When the other shoe finally drops, and it will, this move will maker perfect sense to everyone. I don't think
that Pete Carroll is half the snake that Calipari is, how COULD he be. But there is no reason to stay at USC
for him. He has done it all and is somehow in decline. Time to go no matter who has gotten USC in trouble.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:59 AM 01-11-2010
LA Times reporting it’s a done deal.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:32 AM 01-11-2010
Fart!!!
[Reply]
rizzle 09:18 AM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Take advantage of the hindsight by which U of Memphis fans see nowadays....

But he was LEAVING?
Of course he was leaving, because there was no reason to stay on a sinking ship, a ship that he himself had sunk....

.... But there is no reason to stay at USC
for him. He has done it all and is somehow in decline. Time to go no matter who has gotten USC in trouble.
I gotta agree with you Brad. As a non-partial observer to the circus that is USC athletics, something tells me it's about to get ugly in LA and Petey is heading for the hills, making like a baby and heading out.

:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:48 AM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by rizzle:
something tells me it's about to get ugly in LA and Petey is heading for the hills,
do tell!
[Reply]
coastietech 10:35 AM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
do tell!
Rumor is that USC is heading for probation... If that happens USC's recruiting will sink as well as the program.

Pete is pulling a Holtz. He is leaving before that happens so he can have deniability when it does.

Plus how do you turn down the 7mil a year that Seattle is offering, that's huge money for someone that has had Pete's kind of success in the NFL in the past.

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/03/21/sp...port-says.html
[Reply]
markem 10:38 AM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by coastietech:
Plus how do you turn down the 7mil a year that Seattle is offering, that's huge money for someone that has had Pete's kind of success in the NFL in the past.
Paul Allen owns the Seahawks and the Blazers. Here is the lead-in for an article published today in the Oregonian. Kinda summarizes Allen well.

Originally Posted by :
It was not lost on Sunday at the Rose Garden that Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen recently bought himself a sparkly new coach for his Seattle Seahawks football operation.

He just had to have USC's Pete Carroll.

And if you remember, it was Allen who hired R&B star Usher to sit in with his own band during a New Year's Eve party. And Allen who summoned Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski at the height of his popularity to interview for the Blazers coaching job. And it was Allen who bought his 301-foot super-yacht Tatoosh in 2001, then three years later saw the 416-foot Octopus.

He had to have it. So he bought it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...en_decide.html

[Reply]
s15driftking 12:49 PM 01-11-2010
Rumor is that USC is heading for probation... If that happens USC's recruiting will sink as well as the program.
Damn!

that would suck big ime!
[Reply]
ucla695 01:06 PM 01-11-2010

Pete is pulling a Holtz. He is leaving before that happens so he can have deniability when it does.

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/03/21/sp...port-says.html
Yup. If found guilty, 'SC would have to forfeit games and national championships for those years.
[Reply]
rizzle 01:21 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Yup. If found guilty, 'SC would have to forfeit games and national championships for those years.
Yep, and no way, with it being the basketball program along and the football program, can USC say no lack of institutional control. I think once these court cases are over the NCAA is gonna drop the hammer. And trust me, I'm an Alabama fan, when that happens it ain't pretty.

But also, as an Alabama fan, it will be delicious.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up