Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>So Who Else Is Gettin Screwed Into Working Today...
rlmedic 01:24 PM 12-31-2009
I am lucky...24 hours 8am to 8am tomorrow moring....going to be a long night
[Reply]
icehog3 01:27 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
It's dead here also but, i am happy to have a job.

Yup....lots of my friends don't have a job, so I won't consider myself "screwed". :-)
[Reply]
marge796 01:33 PM 12-31-2009
Just waiting a few more hours to pour a Little rum into a glass and light my first stick of the day. Oh ya, by the way, I didn't work today nor will I until Tuesday.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Catfish 01:34 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Yup....lots of my friends don't have a job, so I won't consider myself "screwed". :-)
I suppose I should have made myself more clear. I don't want it to come across like i'm ungratefull to have a job. Trust me when i say that is 180 degrees opposite of my attitude and everybody around me who knows me knows that is a fact.

What I mean is: There is no. none. zero reason for me to be here. All of my trucks are done and headed back in. The phones are not ringing. Nothing requires this office be manned yet I have to wait for all the trucks to return. The future operations of this company are in now way, shape or form benefitted by my being here.

And neither is my paycheck. Gotta love salary positions.
[Reply]
68TriShield 01:51 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
I suppose I should have made myself more clear. I don't want it to come across like i'm ungratefull to have a job. Trust me when i say that is 180 degrees opposite of my attitude and everybody around me who knows me knows that is a fact.

What I mean is: There is no. none. zero reason for me to be here. All of my trucks are done and headed back in. The phones are not ringing. Nothing requires this office be manned yet I have to wait for all the trucks to return. The future operations of this company are in now way, shape or form benefitted by my being here.

That's what us fleet guys do,we have to make sure all the birds are back in nest :-)
[Reply]
Catfish 02:34 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
That's what us fleet guys do,we have to make sure all the birds are back in nest :-)
indeed. :-)
[Reply]
SNKBYT 02:39 PM 12-31-2009
for those that are still working or have to work......I already smoked a few cigars for you and will now pour you some rum

cheers :-)
[Reply]
acruce 02:46 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:
Me.

Worst part is, they just announced we're closing early @ 3:30p.

My shift is 7a-3:30p. :-)
That sux :-)
[Reply]
Poronico 02:47 PM 12-31-2009
I work health care man there are no days off... I have worked Xmas the last 6 years. Why cant sick people just take a day off?!
[Reply]
Tripnastic 03:02 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Poronico:
I work health care man there are no days off... I have worked Xmas the last 6 years. Why cant sick people just take a day off?!
I was in your boat for 10 years, then I moved out of clinical into administration. I lost a little bit of my soul, but I gained a heckuva lot of days off.
[Reply]
weak_link 03:06 PM 12-31-2009
Tic............................................... ...................toc. Phone hasn't rung since 8:15 and I am as caught up as I'm willing to get. ZZZZZzzzzzzz....
[Reply]
longknocker 03:37 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
for those that are still working or have to work......I already smoked a few cigars for you and will now pour you some rum

How Thoughtful Of You, My Brother!:-):-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:39 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Poronico:
Ain't Gonna Happen, Jesse!:-) (But I've Been In Your Same Boat For 30+ Years.):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:31 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:

Understood now. :-) :-) Hope you get out of there soon!
[Reply]
The Poet 04:47 PM 12-31-2009
I'm still working. I packed up 8 cases of wine to ship out, and sold 2 more off the shelf to one steady customer. Hell, if I can't be drinking I'm glad somebody else can. WTF do I care anyway - it's just another freakin' day.
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 05:14 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by snkbyt:

Thanks for the rub Alex!:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:17 PM 12-31-2009
i went n to lock some **** down! Spent 1.5 hours there, no biggie.
[Reply]
DBall 05:23 PM 12-31-2009
Leaving in 40 minutes... just found out Mark (ex-bostonmark) is in town so we're gonna hit up a smoke. I'm ringing out 09 w/ a Davi 3k... 2009 sucked, so at least it's gonna end well (watch, it'll be plugged like a rock... :-))
[Reply]
bonjing 05:25 PM 12-31-2009
Working today myself. I just started :-) . Just thankful I still have a job.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:30 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by bonjing:
Working today myself. I just started :-) . Just thankful I still have a job.
Watching coeds tonight Greg? :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up