Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Entertainment>CoD 5 Beta
VirtualSmitty 09:57 AM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Well thanks for the push.. I might get it once they kick out a quick patch then... have you tried the MP?

I still think cod5 should be pimp too!
No, not yet. I pretty much just play single player, drive around, snipe, start brush fires, and run over zebras lol. I'm only halfway through the SP so far.
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:58 AM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
No, not yet. I pretty much just play single player, drive around, snipe, start brush fires, and run over zebras lol. I'm only halfway through the SP so far.
Cool... I usually only play MP... so they need to hurry the f**k up and get the controls fixed cuz I change them all when I play... I need my custom controls lol... :-)
[Reply]
cigars_n_scotch 01:45 PM 10-29-2008
Haven't played this yet. I play CoD4 and love it. I'll see if I can get a key for this one and give it a try. I need a new game to play.
[Reply]
ucla695 12:49 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Anyone can join the PC beta. Just register at callofduty.com and you can join. I've been playing it a bit, CoD4 is better.
In what ways is COD4 better? I'm just trying to get a feel for the game so I can decide if it's worth buying.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:55 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
In what ways is COD4 better? I'm just trying to get a feel for the game so I can decide if it's worth buying.
COD4 isn't about the second world war again. COD WaW ain't bad, it's just not that exciting. 4 was special, had great multiplayer, fairly compelling story. This one, so far the multi feels like a step down ( I like the modern weapons better I guess) , but the nazi zombie mode could be good.

It's kinda hard to pass judgement right now as i'm just playing the beta for WaW. Maybe the story mode will be better.
[Reply]
ucla695 01:55 PM 10-30-2008
Gotcha. That’s one of the reasons I’m on the fence. I really like the modern weapons and feel of COD4. Thanks for your input.
[Reply]
:eevis 05:29 PM 11-01-2008
AAARGH! I can't believe that after unlocking a ton of weapons and Perks on the Beta, I am going to have to give them all back once i get the game. I kind of figured this would happen, but i was being hopeful!:-)
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 11:51 PM 02-16-2009
Alright Im bringin this thread back up. I have CoD 5 and I honestly dont like multi player split screen or online. I played it once and got on a tank and killed away more than I died. CoD4 is 10x better, its way more balanced. I should get online more and give it a chance but the only map I played I just owned with the basic German rifle and just wasnt any fun. Multiplayer split screen doesnt even save where we left off so whenever I want to play again with a friend I have to start over from the beginning and play the same damn levels again, over and over again.

----------------
Now playing: Blake Shelton - Back There Again
via FoxyTunes
[Reply]
white_s2k 12:10 AM 02-17-2009
I'm kinda with you on the online multiplayer. I played it for a few weeks and just kind of gave up on it.. COD4 is a lot more fun for me personally. But I do like the nazi zombies :-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:40 AM 02-17-2009
I think the online is similar in feel, but on half the levels I can barely see the people from the background colors, mostly in the german/russian games

CoD4 is easier to see, and I generally like the weapons better. It's still fun to be though
[Reply]
ucla695 06:48 AM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by RX2010:
I think the online is similar in feel, but on half the levels I can barely see the people from the background colors, mostly in the german/russian games

CoD4 is easier to see, and I generally like the weapons better. It's still fun to be though
I totally agree with you. I wish COD5 had nod for those levels. :-)

I still find myself playing COD4 more. I love the weapons and the gameplay seems faster.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up