Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Just Venting....USPS Priority Mail
weak_link 03:17 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
I get excellent service from USPS.It must be my smile :-)
I actually get better service, for less money, than UPS or Fed Ex ground. No complaints from me.
[Reply]
strider 03:19 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by weak_link:
I actually get better service, for less money, than UPS or Fed Ex ground. No complaints from me.
While I wouldn't say better I have found usps priority to usually be very prompt at a great price point. I also have no complaints.
[Reply]
68TriShield 03:21 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
Hot Damn...the USPS website shows my "Priority Mail" package made it to Dallas, TX today. Might even have been delivered...........................:-)

8 days, not bad for "Priority Mail", eh? :-) :-)
not good John.At least it landed.
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:29 PM 12-22-2009
Sorry to hear that John.
I guess I have just been lucky USPS has always been good for me.
[Reply]
jechelman 03:39 PM 12-22-2009
I am the very lucky recipient of the errant package and I can tell you it was well worth the short wait. :-)

John, you are the greatest!!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Frank
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 03:48 PM 12-22-2009
Which hand did he hand your fanny to you with? :-) Just kidding, I heard to tale already.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:50 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
Hot Damn...the USPS website shows my "Priority Mail" package made it to Dallas, TX today. Might even have been delivered...........................:-)

8 days, not bad for "Priority Mail", eh? :-) :-)
Christmas time with eleventy billion packages sent, might be a time to cut them some slack. :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 03:53 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Christmas time with eleventy billion packages sent, might be a time to cut them some slack. :-)
eff 'em Tom!
Come on! You're from Chicago.... Act like it! lol:-)
[Reply]
weak_link 03:59 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
eff 'em Tom!
You want him to pay off some government employees or something? :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:12 PM 12-22-2009
Never had an issue with USPS Priority from this end. Packages usually arrive sooner than expected. :-)

My bigger gripe is paying for shipping Priority Mail on purchases and then watching the shipper wait for 3-5 days to get it in the mail. Why bother? :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:14 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
eff 'em Tom!
I'll fuggin' shoot da mothascratchas.

Better, Tim? :-) :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:18 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Never had an issue with USPS Priority from this end. Packages usually arrive sooner than expected. :-)

My bigger gripe is paying for shipping Priority Mail on purchases and then watching the shipper wait for 3-5 days to get it in the mail. Why bother? :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Chris. 05:18 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
1000+ miles for under $6...I stlll think it's a deal. :-)
I have to agree with you. I pay $5.65 with delivery confirmation almost every time I mail cigars out. They usually arrive within 3 days as well! Not bad IMO. I pay for DC# for my peace of mind more than anyone else. This way, I know it was delivered.
[Reply]
cigarlvr 05:30 PM 12-22-2009
I agree at this time of the year it has to be poor at best. I just got 2 boxes of tat tubes from NH to NJ and it took 6 days. When not in season they offer great service and can get packages in 2 days even from TX. I think at this time of the year you need to send UPS or Fed Ex they seem to be the only ones that dont have a slow down and work there employees to death to get stuff all over in the same time fashion no mater when.
[Reply]
drob 06:31 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
USPS - that means it is a government entity. What did you expect, service like provided in the public sector where real people have to offer a real product or they'll go find another product? Did you expect Fed Ex? UPS?

(sorry, momentary rant there)
Totally uncalled for. If you have such a problem with the gov't, why don't you find another one.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:33 PM 12-22-2009
The Postal Service has a pretty good network set up for handling Priority Mail 11 months out of the year. In December, they throw all that out the window and totally change the way the packages are sorted at the window units (post offices) and plants in an effort to reduce overtime. Creates too much confusion to be effective IMO.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:39 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
USPS - that means it is a government entity. What did you expect, service like provided in the public sector where real people have to offer a real product or they'll go find another product? Did you expect Fed Ex? UPS?

(sorry, momentary rant there)

:-):-):-) I guess Postal employees aren't real people.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:41 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by strider:
While I wouldn't say better I have found usps priority to usually be very prompt at a great price point. I also have no complaints.
:-) Me too!
[Reply]
bobarian 07:09 PM 12-22-2009
I've had very good service from USPS this season. One day delivery in the same zone. Several packages sent Coast to Coast in 3 days.

Have had some bad luck this year as well. One pass with several hundred dollars in CC's lost and another package lost as well.

But overall those Postal workers are some of the hardest working people in the business. Cant imagine trying to deliver packages after last weekends blizzard.
Kudos to all the postal employees. :-)
[Reply]
Azpostal 01:02 AM 12-23-2009
Yes it does get crazy this time of year for us. We get a 1000% increase in letters and packages for about 2 weeks. The USPS does change the way they do things in December. They hire casual or temp employees for 21 days to make up for the extra mail. I for one don't like this as most of the time they don't know a thing. So we do our best and as always management runs around with heads cut off in December.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up