Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>I think some of you have been waiting for these...
Emjaysmash 11:33 PM 12-07-2009
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
I have got to find one or two of these.
Same here! I just gotta find Esencia in the first place!
[Reply]
icehog3 11:45 PM 12-07-2009
The set looks amazing, Marc...nice job on this! :-)
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 12:25 AM 12-08-2009
Always good to see you around Marc.
I hope you're doing well.
Nice looking product there :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:24 AM 12-08-2009
So the set is very limited but are these cigars limited? I've heard of them before but have yet to seen them around. Thanks!
[Reply]
leafandale 07:53 AM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by volfan:
No dice at Leaf and Ale. No answer at Silo. Thanks anyway, Marc.

scottie
No answer at Silo?? That can't be good. Ya gotta answer your phone, man! Palio cutters sell very well at our place, but the Esencia not so much. It's a great cigar, and we've given it some sales push, but it just hasn't caught on like we'd hoped. Certain cigars do well in specific markets, but not in others. I guess we're in one where it doesnt.
[Reply]
bleedingshrimp 08:13 AM 12-08-2009
Anybody shed any more light on why they are so special? I got the "what they are" part just not the "why the excitement?" part.
[Reply]
darkninja67 08:22 AM 12-08-2009
Yeah why is this so special? I know 2 Guys smoke shop pushes the hell out of Esencia sticks to the point of being sickening.
[Reply]
OpusEx 08:33 AM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
What are they and why are they so special?
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
So the set is very limited but are these cigars limited? I've heard of them before but have yet to seen them around. Thanks!
Originally Posted by bleedingshrimp:
Anybody shed any more light on why they are so special? I got the "what they are" part just not the "why the excitement?" part.
Some answers:

1. Yes Esencia cigars are limited, as we stick to our morals and only use the highest quality raw materials to produce them. Given that our standards are so high, we can't produce a large quantity in any given year.

2. Esencia cigars are only available through authorized Palio retailers. Knowing that we can only produce some small amount in any given year, keeping it "in the family" allows us to be consistent and constant with supply to both the retailer and consumer.

3. The sizes offered in the gift set are not "regular production" vitola's. So, it is the only way to enjoy the blend in these formats.

4. Smoke Magazine has rated the first four sizes of Esencia 90, 93, 94 & 95 for the Belicoso, Robusto, Petit Corona & Corona Gorda respectively.

I always look forward to talking with anyone and everyone involved in this hobby and passion of ours, so if anyone wants to chat, please don't hesitate to contact me. This post was merely a heads up for some people here I know who have been waiting for these, as they already enjoy Esencia cigars.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 10:19 AM 12-08-2009
Hmm sounds interesting, thanks for all that information. Like I've mentioned before, haven't seen these around but I will keep an eye out. I believe my shop use to carry these but like Leafandale, they did not sell so well for the shop.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:23 AM 12-08-2009
Smoked one of these in Florida this spring, a flavorful powerhouse of a cigar. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 10:30 AM 12-08-2009
been looking forward to this since you mentioned it at that herf in may. any idea on a price point?

stearns
[Reply]
Ranger_B 11:16 PM 12-08-2009
Forget price where or where can I find these? All of the Esencias I have had have been amazing. And to find one in lancero that has perfection written all over it. Plus another palio who couldnt use another of them.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:27 PM 12-08-2009
Love the Essencia line. A lancero! :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 11:29 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Love the Essencia line. A lancero! :-)
I had the pleasure of smoking one of these at SoCal this past summer.

A winner for sure.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:41 PM 12-08-2009
These are probably my favorite cigar.
[Reply]
TheStatsGuy 08:24 AM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
These are probably my favorite cigar.
:-)

These are very good cigars, I'm just wondering what this little package is going to set me back. Put my name down for one at the lounge last night! Hopefully they will be in before our holiday party.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:33 AM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
This stick is my krptonite...each time I have smoked one (4 so far)...it makes my eyes water, stomach do flips...but damn are they tasty. :-)
wait - is that supposed to be an endorsement? :-)
[Reply]
8lug 02:54 PM 12-11-2009
I picked up 3 of them at Two guys in Salem,NH. 2 to gift away and one for me. Very nice presentation from the BOTL's
[Reply]
longknocker 07:12 AM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
This stick is my krptonite...each time I have smoked one (4 so far)...it makes my eyes water, stomach do flips...but damn are they tasty. :-)
Sounds Like What The OpusX Does To Me, Mack!:-):-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 07:33 AM 12-15-2009
I just called and ordered one. 2 Guys still has some, not sure how many though. Think it was $75.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up