Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Pinar Del Rio oscuro toro - Fail
rahbass 10:14 PM 12-03-2009
Those of you who had PM there address to me last week should be receiving there replacement oscuros next week. If you anyone else has ever had a problem please feel free to PM and i will replace the cigars..
[Reply]
jbrookeiv 01:33 AM 12-04-2009
Abe is the man. Love his stuff.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:52 AM 12-04-2009
Abe sure knows how to make loyal customers.
[Reply]
tobii3 06:20 AM 12-04-2009
Don't know how I missed this thread the first time around, but I had a similar ""WTF?"" moment with my first one as well -

Link

'Twas a dud....it happens, don't judge a line on ONE cigar!!!

And I'll throw a second (or third?) vote for the HSG - YUMMY!!!:-)
[Reply]
borndead1 12:30 PM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by rahbass:
Those of you who had PM there address to me last week should be receiving there replacement oscuros next week. If you anyone else has ever had a problem please feel free to PM and i will replace the cigars..

Got a nice package from Abe the other day. 5 PDR Oscuro toros! Smoked one yesterday, and i hereby RETRACT my first review!

It was a very good smoke with none of the burn issues I had with the first one I smoked. Floral, tangy flavor to start, turning more earthy past the midpoint. Amazing aroma.

Thumbs up to Abe and PDR cigars! :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:32 PM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Got a nice package from Abe the other day. 5 PDR Oscuro toros! Smoked one yesterday, and i hereby RETRACT my first review!

It was a very good smoke with none of the burn issues I had with the first one I smoked. Floral, tangy flavor to start, turning more earthy past the midpoint. Amazing aroma.

:-)
[Reply]
Blindjimme 01:56 PM 12-11-2009
Note to me: Must try these.
[Reply]
rahbass 01:57 PM 12-11-2009
Thank you also for giving it a 2nd shot..

Originally Posted by borndead1:

[Reply]
sodomanaz 03:36 AM 12-12-2009
I bought two fivers of these from Famous months ago (great price, had to give them a shot). Lit one right off the truck, and had the same problems others had with keeping the thing lit. Great flavor, but got a little frustrated having to light the wrapper constantly to keep it lit. Bombed a few out, and they had the same issues too. So first fiver was kinda :-).

Tried again after dryboxing, and it smoked a bit better, but halfway was a bit of a bastard again keeping it lit. I still held on that they were a good smoke, just needed some time to even out, so no complaints. Decided to just let the last 4 sit up until I lit one up last week. Was able to smoke one to the end without much problem. Good taste and had an experience I was expecting from the beginning.

Sort of sucks it took so long to get to that point, but I'll chalk it up to the sticks being shipped young and wet (guesses). Kudos to them for being here and replacing sticks. I'm sure I'm far out of the range of doing anything about the previous, but I don't mind. These are good sticks and now I just know to keep these resting when they come in for a good long while. :-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 04:35 PM 12-12-2009
I got the 5 pack Abe sent a few days back and smoked one this evening. I have since removed PDR Oscuro from my puke list in my signature. The one I smoked this afternoon was very good and had no burn issues at all. Thanks Abe!
[Reply]
rahbass 06:58 AM 12-13-2009
No Problem guys,, it really helps me when you contact me and let me know about these issues. I can work with the retailer, or my humidor manager, or even the UPS carrier to find out what happen.

But if you do have problem all you have to do is PM me, tell me what happen, were you got it from and i will replace the cigars.
thank you all for your help...
Abe

Originally Posted by Dunkel:
I got the 5 pack Abe sent a few days back and smoked one this evening. I have since removed PDR Oscuro from my puke list in my signature. The one I smoked this afternoon was very good and had no burn issues at all. Thanks Abe!

[Reply]
bigheadmark 07:33 PM 01-06-2010
Interesting...I ordered several of these on special from Famous Smoke shop...they were almost soaking wet...dry boxed for a few days, and smoked a few; oscuro, sun and another one....all were quite acrid....could not even get past the 1st inch or so.....
they are still resting in my humidor at just under 65% RH....willl try another one again soon....see if resting them longer changes them....
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up