Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Any AR15 experts out there
JE3146 01:02 PM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:
How many of the posters here are members of ar15.com ? There's volumes of good information there.
Just stay clear of the general discussions :-)
[Reply]
dogface_313 01:14 PM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Just stay clear of the general discussions :-)
Very true! Those GDs can melt your brain.
[Reply]
Titan410 07:52 PM 11-23-2009
I am. They have a cigar section too. Its not too active though.

How many of the posters here are members of ar15.com ? There's volumes of good information there.

[Reply]
Slavac 10:25 AM 11-24-2009
Originally Posted by Titan410:
I am. They have a cigar section too. Its not too active though.
Yep, they're who pointed me here originally.
[Reply]
dogface_313 11:31 AM 11-24-2009
Yep, they're who pointed me here originally.
Same here! :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:14 PM 07-01-2011
Bringing up an old thread instead of starting a new one. I know nothing about AR's, but when I was at the Cabelas outside of New Orleans earlier this year, I saw a few Bushemasters that I fell in love with. I don't know what it is about them, but I feel the need to have one. Mainly it'll be used for plinking but possibly some hunting. Doing a little bit of research so far, I like the looks of the Rock River A4's. And from the reviews, seems like a very good one to get. However, I have no idea what barrel length to get, or if any of the upgrade options are worth it or what they'll even give me.

So I'm hoping some of you hear can give me some pointers. I'm going to check out AR15.c o m to learn more there as well.
[Reply]
Drez 09:20 PM 07-01-2011
I have a rock river car 4 which I love. Our dept issues bushmasters and for plinking they are fine I just like my car4 better. It has a more solid feel and has given me zero problems.

As for optics I use a vortex strike fire. It's a great optic for the price and I know a few people who have them and love them. It alot less then a aimpoint or EO tech and has given me zero problems and holds it's zero.
[Reply]
Bill86 09:26 PM 07-01-2011
I have a Smith and Wesson M&P AR-15, I like it a great deal. I hardly consider myself an expert but it's been flawless so far. If you plan to use P-mags as I did, you will have to file them down a bit or else they won't fit.

30 seconds a mag and a metal file....works perfectly. Never had any jams or misfires but it will only take higher quality ammo, the cheap $hit won't fire (no steel case ammo).
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:27 PM 07-01-2011
+1 on Rock River Arms, I custom built mine, but you can't go wrong with anything they build, do your research and figure out what kind of shooting you'll be doing and what options will best suit your needs.
[Reply]
Drez 09:30 PM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
+1 on Rock River Arms, I custom built mine, but you can't go wrong with anything they build, do your research and figure out what kind of shooting you'll be doing and what options will best suit your needs.
+1 on research. Read review and see what a local range has to shoot and try em out.
[Reply]
maninblack 09:34 PM 07-01-2011
I have a DPMS and have had no issues with mine. I carry a Bushmaster at work and prefer it over mine though.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:36 PM 07-01-2011
Thanks for the info so far guys. Looks like I've got some research ahead of myself, but I'm up for the challange.
[Reply]
Drez 09:38 PM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I have a DPMS and have had no issues with mine. I carry a Bushmaster at work and prefer it over mine though.
Dpms are nice too.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:43 PM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Thanks for the info so far guys. Looks like I've got some research ahead of myself, but I'm up for the challange.
As far as barrel length, optics, etc it really depends on what and how you'll be shooting. I went shortest barrel and EO tech optics because I was mainly moving and shooting while working as a LEO and shooting IPSC. But if you're planning on shooting on a table or rest long distance you'll want a longer or heavy barrel and a scope with magnification.
[Reply]
HK3- 05:43 AM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Bob- Check out the Remington R-15. They can be picked up at most Gander Mtn. and Dicks Sporting Gds. stores. I thought you may like them since they come already camo'd.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up