Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>I need Honeymoon Ideas
Commander Quan 07:52 AM 11-03-2009
Lots of good ideas here guys I appreciate all of them. The train thing is something we would like to do someday, as well as the Alaskan cruse, but not right now.

We're getting married in PA about an hour north of Pittsburgh so a couple days in the Poconos and then driving up to NYC would work out well. Dogface, Kathryn loved the Castle on the Hudson,
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:51 AM 11-03-2009
Montreal.

September is still nice out. You get the shopping and food of NYC, Habanos, culture, and it seems foreign to most with all French and French influence.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 12:24 PM 03-29-2010
Just an update.

Over the weekend we finally decided on the Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro in Punta Cana. It's a 2 year old resort and from everything I have read it is awesome. Ironically he we had dinner with some friends over the weekend who had honeymooned last summer at one of the other Iberostar resorts on the same property and they said that Grand Hotel was they nicest they ever saw, so I'm pretty happy with our decision.
[Reply]
Cyclone 12:36 PM 03-29-2010
Cuba? :-)
[Reply]
Commander Quan 12:40 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by Cyclone:
Cuba? :-)
I held out as long as I could in the hopes that the travel ban would be lifted, unfortunately Kathryn wasn't as hopeful as I was.
[Reply]
Cyclone 12:54 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
I held out as long as I could in the hopes that the travel ban would be lifted, unfortunately Kathryn wasn't as hopeful as I was.
Yeah.. my response was "tongue-in-cheek"...

Saw your response about the Iberostar... we stayed in an Iberostar in Varadero on our honeymoon... after a week in Havana...

Great hotel... My brother stayed in a new one in Varadero last year and raved about it. Iberostar is a great hotel chain.

Best wishes for the wedding and a safe ( and fun ) honeymoon.
[Reply]
bscottskangum 02:05 PM 03-29-2010
My honeymoon was spent in the White Mountains in NH, we went in the middle of August. Absolutely gorgeous and perfectly serene. Would have been the most relaxing week of my life, had I been alone :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up