Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>A few Elk pics from this weekend.
mrreindeer 10:38 AM 10-27-2009
Scott, them ain't ELK, them're REINDEER! :-):-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:57 AM 10-27-2009
Great photos Scott :-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 04:02 PM 10-27-2009
I am a big proponent of People Eating Tasty Animals, but those are so magestic, I'm not sure how I would feel about killing one

however I know for a fact that I have no problem eating one :-)

thanks for the pictures
[Reply]
shilala 05:27 AM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by RX2010:
I am a big proponent of People Eating Tasty Animals, but those are so magestic, I'm not sure how I would feel about killing one

however I know for a fact that I have no problem eating one :-)

thanks for the pictures
Im all good with killing them and eating them, so how bout you just drag it out? :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:37 AM 10-29-2009
Neat pictures Scott. They are very majestic animals. I got to see some moose in the wild a few years ago and was amazed at how large they are too. Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
ucla695 01:31 PM 10-29-2009
Great shots! Must have been even more impressive in person. :-)

Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Scott, them ain't ELK, them're REINDEER! :-):-)
:-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:37 PM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Neat pictures Scott. They are very majestic animals. I got to see some moose in the wild a few years ago and was amazed at how large they are too. Thanks for sharing.
The funny thing is that there was not a big elk around. Honestly.
The young ones and cows were out, but the monsters must have been busy or something.
I've seen bulls up there that are so huge, you can't even speak.
I'd love to see some moose. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:26 AM 11-23-2009
I was under the impression that there is no season on these elk - that they are protected and could not be hunted? Is this true or false?
[Reply]
shilala 07:42 AM 11-28-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
I was under the impression that there is no season on these elk - that they are protected and could not be hunted? Is this true or false?
Todd, the Game Commission here sells about 60 elk hunting licences a year. I'm not sure of the number anymore, because I don't keep up with it.
In order for a shot at a license, you have to send in ten bucks to join a raffle and hope you win.
There's about as much sport in PA Elk hunting as fishing in your bathtub. They're big, tame, stoopid critters.
They should make guys hunt them with a piece of rope. That'd be fun to watch, and it'd be a lot more sporting. If you can strangle one with a piece of clothesline, you can take him home. :-)
[Reply]
G G 08:43 AM 11-28-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Todd, the Game Commission here sells about 60 elk hunting licences a year. I'm not sure of the number anymore, because I don't keep up with it.
In order for a shot at a license, you have to send in ten bucks to join a raffle and hope you win.
There's about as much sport in PA Elk hunting as fishing in your bathtub. They're big, tame, stoopid critters.
They should make guys hunt them with a piece of rope. That'd be fun to watch, and it'd be a lot more sporting. If you can strangle one with a piece of clothesline, you can take him home. :-)
I'd pay to get in on a lottery to watch that.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:57 AM 11-29-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I'd pay to get in on a lottery to watch that.:-)
Ya, right?
[Reply]
taltos 12:02 PM 11-29-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
That's kind of like when I won a ticket to take a moose in Maine. No sport to it and when I had my shot with a bow I passed and just admired the animal.:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up