Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Mexico
Playa Habana 04:20 PM 04-05-2010
Originally Posted by LaHarpe:
How about buying Mexican cigars, such as Santa Clara or Te Amo, in Mexico? Are they a better deal there (than in the USA)?
How much do they cost in the US and I'll let you know....
[Reply]
LaHarpe 06:34 AM 04-06-2010
Te Amo and Santa Clara cigars are about $3.00 each if bought by the box in the USA.
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:25 AM 04-06-2010
A friend of mine who lives in Xico visited te Santa Clara cigar factory and brought some cigars back for me. I am not a fan of Te Amo, and was expecting the Santa Clara cigars to be similar. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at these cigars and would buy them if I came across them in one of my local B&M's.
[Reply]
LaHarpe 11:58 AM 04-06-2010
Yes, I'm also more interested in Santa Clara cigars. My tastes are towards milder cigars, such a Helix naturals. That's why I have little interest in Cuban cigars.
[Reply]
Playa Habana 03:10 PM 04-06-2010
Yes, I'm also more interested in Santa Clara cigars. My tastes are towards milder cigars, such a Helix naturals. That's why I have little interest in Cuban cigars.
Dude, get yourself a Romeo y Julieta belvedere, so very nice, and extremely mild. It's only a relatively small cigar as well maybe 20 minutes, perfect for a midmorning or mid-afternoon with a coffee
[Reply]
Playa Habana 03:16 PM 04-06-2010
Te Amo and Santa Clara cigars are about $3.00 each if bought by the box in the USA.
They range from about 35pesos($2.50) to 120pesos($10) depending on the edition
[Reply]
LaHarpe 12:23 PM 04-07-2010
I might take your advice and try a Romeo y Julieta Belvedere or two while I'm there -- it looks like they're very reasonably priced. I'd hoped to pick up some Mexican cigars to bring home. It sounds like I won't get much of a savings on those, though.
[Reply]
Playa Habana 04:17 PM 04-08-2010
I might take your advice and try a Romeo y Julieta Belvedere or two while I'm there -- it looks like they're very reasonably priced. I'd hoped to pick up some Mexican cigars to bring home. It sounds like I won't get much of a savings on those, though.
It may be possible to save more if you are picking up a box or so. The owner of this store has another store which carries cigars other than Habanos, I'll sound him out for you
[Reply]
LaHarpe 05:42 AM 04-12-2010
Are the Romeo y Julieta Belvederes Cuban?
[Reply]
Playa Habana 03:06 PM 04-12-2010
Are the Romeo y Julieta Belvederes Cuban?
Yep, 100%.

Just had a RyJ Belicoso, if you like the belvederes and fancy something larger but just as mild.....wow.
[Reply]
Playa Habana 03:47 PM 04-12-2010
Ok, as I've said, I'm pretty new to cigars...just done some reseach and it turns out that RyJ do have a non-cuban line, I think they use Nicargua tobacco mainly. Um, at the risk of sounding like I'm bragging I've only smoked the Cubans so can't comment on the non-habano's line.
[Reply]
LaHarpe 04:46 AM 04-13-2010
I won't be able to smoke a whole box of Cubans down there, so I'll have to buy individual sticks if I get any. I hope to get some Santa Clara's to take home, but I'll only do that if there's a big cost savings. There are plenty of excellent cigars in the USA for just over $2.00 each.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:50 AM 04-13-2010
Don't waste your time or money buying Habanos in Mexico outside of a few select places that have already been mentioned. Fakes are rampant or they are no giveaway. Even finding good non-Cuban cigars is difficult.

Best off to bring your own cigars.
[Reply]
Playa Habana 03:11 PM 04-13-2010
To be honest going on what has been said, I don't think that there is a huge cost saving to be had on Mexican cigars here in Mexico compared to the US. For sure if you are offerred a cheap Cuban cigar here(playa del carmen) then it's a fake..........although you can get a very nice glass-topped presentation box of 10 Cohiba's for about $15.........

As most of you know I work in the LCDH here, so if you want to know prices then hit me up.
[Reply]
Snake Hips 01:26 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Playa Habana:
Ok, as I've said, I'm pretty new to cigars...just done some reseach and it turns out that RyJ do have a non-cuban line, I think they use Nicargua tobacco mainly. Um, at the risk of sounding like I'm bragging I've only smoked the Cubans so can't comment on the non-habano's line.
No, Romeo y Julieta have no non-Cuban line. Habanos, S.A. produces Cuban Romeo y Julieta cigars, and only Cuban cigars. The Romeo y Julieta you saw is a Dominican brand completely separate from the Cuban brand. They have nothing in common besides the name and packaging art. The Cuban version is made by Habanos, S.A. and the non-Cuban brand is produced by Altadis, S.A. for the American market. Nothing alike and not connected to each other.
[Reply]
LaHarpe 07:26 AM 04-15-2010
I think I'll bring my pipe just in case. If I find some good cigars at a reasonable price, so much the better. I'll see if I can get hold of a couple of Romeo y Julieta Belvederes, though. Are the cigars at the Vallarta cigar factor good? They certainly aren't cheap! I've gotten some great deals through the Internet in the USA.
[Reply]
Playa Habana 03:10 PM 04-15-2010
I have no idea, Puerto Vallarta is pretty far from Playa del Carmen......I'd never heard of them until now, pretty website tho'
[Reply]
LaHarpe 07:53 AM 04-26-2010
I suspect the factory is mostly a gimmick. Cigars really need to rest and "marry" several weeks to be good.
[Reply]
Noodles 01:15 PM 05-04-2010
First time in Mexico. I will be Cancun in July. There is LCDH Cancun and the new Cohiba place. I am planning on visiting both and spending several hours. How far are they from each other? I am staying at Blvd. Kukulcan Lote 4. How far are they from the two places?

Thanks.
[Reply]
tomc3084 01:28 PM 05-04-2010
I won't be able to smoke a whole box of Cubans down there, so I'll have to buy individual sticks if I get any. I hope to get some Santa Clara's to take home, but I'll only do that if there's a big cost savings. There are plenty of excellent cigars in the USA for just over $2.00 each.
and then you go on to say you work a LCDH....I don't understand?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up