Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Thanks in advance for our 1st year
cort 06:02 PM 10-05-2009
No, no, Thank you!!

You TEN are great...and Peter is okay.:-)

Thanks again for everything the TOE does.:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:09 PM 10-05-2009
Thanks To The TOE For Making Cigar Asylum The Awesome Place That It Is! 2nd Home? It's My First!:-):-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:11 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Cort:
No, no, Thank you!!

You TEN are great...and Peter is okay.:-)

Thanks again for everything the TOE does.:-)
I got you fooled.
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:11 PM 10-05-2009
Thanks to the TOE and all the members that make this a great place to be.
[Reply]
dinder1 06:12 PM 10-05-2009
I was a little late getting to the party... but thanks go out to Kelly and the rest of the eleven for running such a top notch site.
[Reply]
poriggity 07:26 PM 10-05-2009
yup, this place rocks.
Thanks TOE!
Scott
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:31 PM 10-05-2009
Thank you!!!

Without the vision and tenacity of the Eleven (TOE) to start this place we wouldn't have this home!!!

[Reply]
bruceolee 08:49 PM 10-05-2009
After years at CS and now after everything that's happened to me it has been awesome to find CA and reconnect with all my old BOTL friends again. THANK YOU ALL!!! :-)

and by old I don't mean in terms of age although Dave is getting up there, but well aged. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:55 PM 10-05-2009
Thanks everyone! :-)
[Reply]
smokin5 09:15 PM 10-05-2009
Hey Poker, back atcha, big guy!:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:27 PM 10-05-2009
Viva La TOE!
[Reply]
pnoon 09:46 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
After years at CS and now after everything that's happened to me it has been awesome to find CA and reconnect with all my old BOTL friends again. THANK YOU ALL!!! :-)

and by old I don't mean in terms of age although Dave is getting up there, but well aged. :-)
hahahahahaha

A joke about old farts and it's not me. :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:14 PM 10-05-2009
Do you guys remember what it was like a year ago?

I was nearly despondent...
All the changes at our former home were frustrating at best... and infuriating at worst. I truly felt like something I had come to appreciate deeply had been irrevocably destroyed - and I was saddened by that. Accusations flew, friendships were strained... betrayals, and accusations of betrayals were rampant. My cherished little community was crumbling...

Then, all the mods left "en masse!" I wasn't sure what to think, but very soon I heard that 11 men that I trusted had decided the time had come to start a new forum. A difficut decision, I'm sure. Tons of work and criticism everywhere. But you 11 believed something of that incredible community could be salvaged.

You were right.

I probably sound foolish or melodramatic with my characterization of the Fall of 2008, but that is how I felt. I could say "thank you" for what you 11 men did, but truthfully? "Thank you" just doesn't begin to convey my gratitude.

I hope you all can derive some gratification and satisfaction from the number of folks who have made CA their on-line home. Not just CS expatriates, but the new folks who come here everyday and find the very best parts of what the jungle meant to us all.

Forgive the verbosity... I could have gone on for several more pages. :-)

Please just know that you have made a huge positive impact in the life of a graying, chubby, novice cigar smoker in North Carolina - who thinks of you as family. Blessings on each of you.
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 10:23 PM 10-05-2009
A huge thanks to the TOE for the place they built and maintain! "And on the 14th day the TOE created The Asylum, and it was a good and just place" Apologies to whoever for the paraphrasing, just saying..........:-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 10:53 PM 10-05-2009
Thank you TOE :-) for a safe haven to come and rest my head.
[Reply]
bvilchez 11:14 PM 10-05-2009
TO THE TOE :-)......I can recall being in Iraq and disappointed that what I had just come to know and love had been destroyed.

Then the TOE lifted my spirits....they bought a house and made it a home.

Thank you TOE
[Reply]
perogee 11:22 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
Doesn't feel like a year. Time flies when you're having fun! Thanks for giving us a place to... well... do what we do.
:-)
[Reply]
Whee 11:26 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Do you guys remember what it was like a year ago?

I was nearly despondent...
All the changes at our former home were frustrating at best... and infuriating at worst. I truly felt like something I had come to appreciate deeply had been irrevocably destroyed - and I was saddened by that. Accusations flew, friendships were strained... betrayals, and accusations of betrayals were rampant. My cherished little community was crumbling...

Then, all the mods left "en masse!" I wasn't sure what to think, but very soon I heard that 11 men that I trusted had decided the time had come to start a new forum. A difficut decision, I'm sure. Tons of work and criticism everywhere. But you 11 believed something of that incredible community could be salvaged.

You were right.

I probably sound foolish or melodramatic with my characterization of the Fall of 2008, but that is how I felt. I could say "thank you" for what you 11 men did, but truthfully? "Thank you" just doesn't begin to convey my gratitude.

I hope you all can derive some gratification and satisfaction from the number of folks who have made CA their on-line home. Not just CS expatriates, but the new folks who come here everyday and find the very best parts of what the jungle meant to us all.

Forgive the verbosity... I could have gone on for several more pages. :-)

Please just know that you have made a huge positive impact in the life of a graying, chubby, novice cigar smoker in North Carolina - who thinks of you as family. Blessings on each of you.

Not melodramatic at all. CS was such a a place that each of it's members felt like we owned it. When it sold, there were a lot of feelings on every side of the fence.

Then this place opened up, and we didn;t miss a beat.

And now, with one of our newest "old" members officially here, I think we are whole again.

Thanks to the TOE for Building the building, and thanks to every member for building the foundation.
[Reply]
colimo 12:39 AM 10-06-2009
Thanks to the TOE and to all the rest of the inmates who made me start spending way too many hours a day here...:-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:20 AM 10-06-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Thanks to the TOE for creating a house and to all the inmates who make it home!!!
:-) I don't think that could have been said any better. Thank you so much TOE and Inmates as well.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up