Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Sports>NFL '09-'10 Thread
GreekGodX 02:09 PM 10-11-2009
I cannot believe Roscoe Parrish fumbles that punt to hand a victory to Cleveland. Looks like today should be Ohio day
[Reply]
Gophernut 02:10 PM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
How the hell did that happen?! :-)

Bengals 17 Ravens 14
Any given Sunday I guess. One less undefeated team now! 5-0 Vikes!
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:11 PM 10-11-2009
How the hell did that happen?! :-)

Bengals 17 Ravens 14
The Bengals are for real this year. Bengals = Super Bowl :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:14 PM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
The Bengals are for real this year. Bengals = Super Bowl :-)
Crown them champions after a 4-1 start. Moke Brown might as well order the rings right now. :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 05:51 PM 10-11-2009
Wow....cannot believe that the Broncos are 5-0.... YES!!!!!
[Reply]
Gophernut 06:46 PM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Wow....cannot believe that the Broncos are 5-0.... YES!!!!!
Didn't all the so called "experts" say they were a train wreck this year? Good for the Broncos.
[Reply]
dogface_313 08:14 PM 10-11-2009
NFL overtime system has to go. The fact that a team can win with a drive that is meaningless is sad for the game. I am a Pats fan, they lost that game by not scoring in the second half, but that was not an exciting overtime. NFL has a lot to learn from College Football.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:16 PM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
NFL overtime system has to go. The fact that a team can win with a drive that is meaningless is sad for the game. I am a Pats fan, they lost that game by not scoring in the second half, but that was not an exciting overtime. NFL has a lot to learn from College Football.
They also shouldn't allow a game to end in a tie like the Bengals and Eagles did last year. :-)
[Reply]
dogface_313 08:21 PM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
They also shouldn't allow a game to end in a tie like the Bengals and Eagles did last year. :-)
Agreed!! :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:40 PM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
I agree the current OT format is garbage, but college isn't that great. Why not a full quarter no sudden death. Whoever has the lead at the end of the quarter wins.
[Reply]
dogface_313 08:48 PM 10-11-2009
Something has to be better than a one field goal win.
[Reply]
dogface_313 02:27 AM 10-13-2009
AFC East is shaping up to be quite a race.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 02:36 AM 10-13-2009
Braylon got a TD! :-) Could have had 2 but he has been dropping passes like that since his University of Michigan days.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:38 AM 10-13-2009
I agree the current OT format is garbage, but college isn't that great. Why not a full quarter no sudden death? Whoever has the lead at the end of the quarter wins.
The overtime rules used in every level of football except the NFL is the best system possible. Each team gets a chance to match. A full period could turn into a blowout just as easily as back into a tie. :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 09:33 AM 10-13-2009
Braylon got a TD! :-) Could have had 2 but he has been dropping passes like that since his University of Michigan days.
I was thinking the same thing, his dropping the TX late in the 4th. The announcers were giving him all kinds of love, being that he got the PI call(questionable), but it would have been for naught, if he would have just held onto a ball that was VERY catchable.

All in all, NICE pick up for the Jets....even with the drops that come along with him.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:32 AM 10-20-2009
Only thing better than the Broncos being 6-0.....is going 6-0 by beating Phillip Rivers on his grass......

BRONCOS!
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:47 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
The overtime rules used in every level of football except the NFL is the best system possible. Each team gets a chance to match. A full period could turn into a blowout just as easily as back into a tie. :-)
Well that is the teams D's fault for not getting the other team off the field. The game needs to be decided by playing the full game. Say after one quarter OT then go to a similar system to college.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:29 AM 10-20-2009
Well that is the teams D's fault for not getting the other team off the field. The game needs to be decided by playing the full game. Say after one quarter OT then go to a similar system to college.
You will never get the players or owners to agree to such a system. Sadly I feel that the current system is the one that will be used for some time to come. Currently players and owners have much more on their plates then worrying about the overtime format. If there ever is a change it will likely go the the high school/college overtime format. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 11:41 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
You will never get the players or owners to agree to such a system. Sadly I feel that the current system is the one that will be used for some time to come. Currently players and owners have much more on their plates then worrying about the overtime format. If there ever is a change it will likely go the the high school/college overtime format. :-)
You are very right on them not changing :-) I definitely think they need to change the format regardless of what it is to. Having a team give a half ass effort just to make into field goal range is not exciting football.
[Reply]
E.J. 01:58 PM 10-25-2009
Very cool to see Alex Smith play so well for the 49ers today. If he could somehow get them a victory(does not look likely), it would make my Sunday.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up