Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you use other tobacco products?
Nope! Cigars are my one, true nicotine vice. 128 51.20%
Yes, cigarettes. 24 9.60%
Yes, other products (chew, etc.). 39 15.60%
I used to, but now it's only cigars. 59 23.60%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Do you use other nicotine products?
McSmokey 12:18 PM 09-25-2009
Cigs for 8 years now I'm cigars only
[Reply]
marge796 12:22 PM 09-25-2009
Just a good cigar at least once daily does it for me.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:41 PM 09-25-2009
Smoke Cigars, Pipe tobacco, and use nasal Snuff from time to time.

Not nearly as much as Adam though. He's a SnuffHead!
[Reply]
adampc22 12:42 PM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Smoke Cigars, Pipe tobacco, and use nasal Snuff from time to time.

Not nearly as much as Adam though. He's a SnuffHead!
u was a snuff head u just got thumb screwed lol
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:44 PM 09-25-2009
snuff in the winter time.
[Reply]
adampc22 12:45 PM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
snuff in the winter time.
snuff ALL THE TIME
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:51 PM 09-25-2009
Copenhagen...going on 30+ years now.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:52 PM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:
u was a snuff head u just got thumb screwed lol
I have no idea what you just said! LOL
[Reply]
T.G 12:55 PM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
No option for pipes?
Originally Posted by Scottastic:
Good point!

I should include pipes with cigars, specifically as "luxury tobacco". Or however you want to put it.
I guess from that standpoint they are similar, but that's really about it. They are obviously very different in the manner in which they are used, the tobacco is handled & processed very differently, and the characteristics of the smoke are very different simply due to the way the pipe functions, even from pipe style to pipe style the same tobacco will smoke totally differently.

Anyway, I just see them as very different than cigars.

Originally Posted by TheTraveler:
I voted Yes-Other 'cause I love my pipes too! :-)
I don't think snuff, chew and pipes belong in the same category any more than I think cigars and pipes belong in the same category, but from a semantic point of view, yes, you are correct, for this survey, pipes should probably be an "Other".
[Reply]
adampc22 12:58 PM 09-25-2009
I have no idea what you just said! LOL
hold you hand out flat like sombody was giveing u 5 dollers then make you other hand in to thumbs down shape :-) put the end of your thumb onto the palm of your hand then move it fromm side to side in a screwing motion there u go :-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 01:11 PM 09-25-2009
December 4th will be 4 years since I quit smoking cigarettes. I smoke my hookah once or twice a week, I smoke a pipe in the late fall and winter only, and I use nasal snuff several times each day. Yes, I am a tobacco Olympian! LOL
[Reply]
Scottastic 01:13 PM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
I guess from that standpoint they are similar, but that's really about it. They are obviously very different in the manner in which they are used, the tobacco is handled & processed very differently, and the characteristics of the smoke are very different simply due to the way the pipe functions, even from pipe style to pipe style the same tobacco will smoke totally differently.

Anyway, I just see them as very different than cigars.

I don't think snuff, chew and pipes belong in the same category any more than I think cigars and pipes belong in the same category, but from a semantic point of view, yes, you are correct, for this survey, pipes should probably be an "Other".
I agree with you in a sense, but the way that I'm thinking about this poll (and it's really helping me, actually) there is a difference between tobacco for enjoyment and tobacco for nicotine.

This could be misguided (bordering on judgemental, but bear with me) but I see dip, cigarettes, and (I guess) snuff to be for the nicotine, whereas cigars, pipe smoking and hookahs to generally be for pleasure and recreation purposes.

Am I off base with this thinking?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 01:19 PM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:
hold you hand out flat like sombody was giveing u 5 dollers then make you other hand in to thumbs down shape :-) put the end of your thumb onto the palm of your hand then move it fromm side to side in a screwing motion there u go :-)
Thanks bud!
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 01:29 PM 09-25-2009
Nasal snuff quite a bit and Snus every day.

MCS
[Reply]
icehog3 01:34 PM 09-25-2009
Used to chew Red Man and Skoal...now it's just cigars. :-)
[Reply]
croatan 01:41 PM 09-25-2009
I use snus occasionally, usually as an afternoon pick me up at the office (in fact, I'm popping a pouch in as we speak). And the occasional nasal snuff--though it messes with my sinuses if I over indulge.
[Reply]
adampc22 01:45 PM 09-25-2009
Thanks bud!
no wurrys mate what are brothers for lol
[Reply]
GreekGodX 01:45 PM 09-25-2009
I forgot that I do pipes too :-)

They have been neglected lately :-)
[Reply]
T.G 01:46 PM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by Scottastic:
I agree with you in a sense, but the way that I'm thinking about this poll (and it's really helping me, actually) there is a difference between tobacco for enjoyment and tobacco for nicotine.

This could be misguided (bordering on judgemental, but bear with me) but I see dip, cigarettes, and (I guess) snuff to be for the nicotine, whereas cigars, pipe smoking and hookahs to generally be for pleasure and recreation purposes.

Am I off base with this thinking?
Ok, now I understand where you are coming from. The poll makes more sense to me now, I was looking at it from a totally different perspective. Thanks for the explanation.

As for judgemental? I don't know, I've never tried dip, chew or snuff so I have no idea how their addiction cycle works. I suppose they are more of a nicotine based addiction than anything else based on what I've read in medical articles.
[Reply]
GTCanuk 03:34 PM 09-25-2009
Nope, just gars here
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up