Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Your Herf "Gearbag"
sikk50 03:00 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by RPguy:
"epic" is now trademarked. it is not to be used to described any other herfs.:-)
I apologize for the infringement, retract my use of the "forbidden word" and substitue with "legendary" I hope this meets your approval
[Reply]
icehog3 03:04 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by KalisGR3:
LOL...Conversion is a big part of any Herf and I was surprised that nobody had mentioned it...shame on you all:-)
Not true! We often have conversations about conversion! :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:06 PM 09-21-2009
You really want to know, Andrew? Come to the NYC herf on Oct. 24th and I'll show you. :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 03:09 PM 09-21-2009
I bring my 10 or 15 ct travel humi, a cutter, a lighter, and a few sticks for the host. I usually have a few to pass to my fellow herfers as well.

The only exclusion to this whole rule would be if I'm herfing at JK5s house. Then I bring nothing, steal a cigar or two from his aristo, use his lighter, use his cutter, and drink one of his beers. He owes me...that's how I see it.
[Reply]
Clampdown 03:42 PM 09-21-2009
It depends on the herf.

If im going out for a night of drinking then I will bring my Xikar 15ct, but if its a weekend then Ill bring my 80ct. I tend to over pack, but happy to feel secure I didnt leave anything at home.

Other then that, a couple of lighters (One Blazer and one "crack lighter" from Deal Extreme), Palio, and my cigar stand.
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 04:29 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
I bring my 10 or 15 ct travel humi, a cutter, a lighter, and a few sticks for the host. I usually have a few to pass to my fellow herfers as well.

The only exclusion to this whole rule would be if I'm herfing at JK5s house. Then I bring nothing, steal a cigar or two from his aristo, use his lighter, use his cutter, and drink one of his beers. He owes me...that's how I see it.
Lets see, I just gave you 3 Tat 184s, 2 Liberties, and bought your ticket to the padron event on wednesday.... I'll let you all decide who owes who

:-)
[Reply]
sikk50 05:31 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
You really want to know, Andrew? Come to the NYC herf on Oct. 24th and I'll show you. :-)
Ha if I could I would be there in a heartbeat!
[Reply]
Darrell 05:33 PM 09-21-2009
I bring my 18 count with the trays removed so I can have double the sticks. I also bring a cutter, light, can of Vector gas, Cremosas, BABOTL stickers, some kind of food and something for the host (usually sticks).

I also bring sarcasm. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 05:37 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
ditto! I believe you cannot use the word "Epic" to describe a herf until you have been to both Shack and SoCal :-)
This is a smart man. :-)
[Reply]
itsme_timd 05:49 PM 09-21-2009
For a typical Saturday evening type of herf I usually take my travel tupperdore that holds about 6-8 sticks plus lighter and cutter. I may take some rum, whiskey or port along to share - depending on where we are meeting up.

For a BIG herf I'll take my 35 ct desktop and a cooler full of beverages and eats!

Let's herf!!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 05:53 PM 09-21-2009
To the larger herfs (Shack, SoCal et. al.), I take my 18 count and 30 count traveldor with the trays removed. If I'm driving (SoCal), bottles of booze. If I'm flying (Shack et. al.), I'll buy booze when I get there.

For our weekly S.H.I.T. herf, the 30 count with trays. Booze and/or beer.
[Reply]
gorob23 06:02 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by RPguy:
"epic" is now trademarked. it is not to be used to described any other herfs.:-)
I have been to one and not the other and :-) but sometimes the crowd in a small ugly little place I know has made it a truly an EPIC herf We laughed so hard we cried. It is the people that make the herf:-)

bring cigars, chair, cutter (palio) and have good time...ok sometimes food or ice cream for the kids sometimes shrimp and sometimes you gotta get your ass into the kitchen and rattle those pots and pans.

BOTTOM Line "Don't sweat the small stuff" enjoy :-)

Rob :-)
[Reply]
gorob23 06:03 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
To the larger herfs (Shack, SoCal et. al.), I take my 18 count and 30 count traveldor with the trays removed. If I'm driving (SoCal), bottles of booze. If I'm flying (Shack et. al.), I'll buy booze when I get there.

For our weekly S.H.I.T. herf, the 30 count with trays. Booze and/or beer. AND MY PILLOW

:-)
[Reply]
TripleF 08:20 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Fax the paperwork to my lawyer. :-)

I'm the lawyer for EPIC HERF, come down here in November and I'll personally show it to you :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 08:24 PM 09-21-2009
Knives (for cutting my cigars)
Lighters
Cigars 25 to 100 (for consumption and distribution)
Gift for the host
Gift for those to be initiated
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:30 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Knives (for cutting my cigars)
Lighters
Cigars 25 to 100 (for consumption and distribution)
Gift for the host
Gift for those to be initiated
I can vouch for all of these!!!:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:31 PM 09-21-2009
I bring as many cigars as I can carry, lighter, cutter, punch, and I pack wicked amounts of BBQ just because. Oh... and a large bottle of rum!!!
[Reply]
Sailchaser 08:35 PM 09-21-2009
I like having HERFS at our house, "Black Ops Headquaters"
That way I don't have to pack anything
traveling to herfs
30 count humi no trays
20 count with trays for the good pass and puff stuff
15 count for the wife:-)
lighters
cutters
drinkables
eatables
and of course the GPS to get there
[Reply]
icehog3 11:33 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
I'm the lawyer for EPIC HERF, come down here in November and I'll personally show it to you :-)
:-) :-)

Van Halen playing the herf, Scott? :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:49 PM 09-21-2009
small herf my 18 count, stinky ashtray and two to three lighters

big herf or vacation 30 count, 18 count, 15 count and stinkky and a few lighters

All the time have my palio, a xikar and my punch
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up