Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Whoops, I won my first cbid. Good deal?
T.G 07:12 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
Great deal brother,now your next mission is to give them some rest in your humi before you smoke them.
I can't stand aged 5 Vegas Series A's - to me they loose the punch and in your face flavor that like about them.
[Reply]
BigFrank 07:13 PM 09-08-2009
good deal, I enjoy that stick. :-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 07:21 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
I can't stand aged 5 Vegas Series A's - to me they loose the punch and in your face flavor that like about them.
For the price they are hard to beat.plus I know why you hate them,you told us in the Sac herf.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:48 PM 09-08-2009
Nice pick-up.
[Reply]
T.G 07:51 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
For the price they are hard to beat.plus I know why you hate them,you told us in the Sac herf.
Hey, you asked.
[Reply]
gnarly 11:45 PM 09-08-2009
I just finished a Vegas Cask Strength II Toro an hour ago. I really enjoyed that cigar. I'm still such a light weight that it knocked me on my ass, but it was worth it. Interesting taste, great burn, draw, ash, a real pleasure overall. This was a great way to end my first day of classes for fall.

Besides the obvious flavor differences, I think I liked the Cask so much more than the Gold because of its build quality. The Gold's wrapper and filling seemed loose in comparison. The Gold also burned faster and hotter (it was perfectly humidified, so dryness wasn't the issue). There wasn't a defect with the Vegas Gold, I have five of them, and they are all rolled the same. Regardless, I'll smoke another soon to make sure it was the cigar and not me.

I'm too inexperienced to tell, but certain cigars have an almost icky taste. CAO Gold, Indigos, some Padrons (I can't remember which ones, I was in my teens) just plain tasted bad to me. I've probably smoked around 50 cigars total in my short lifetime, and I'm hoping with more experience I'll be able to identify a common culprit. Heck, even if I can't, the cigars I end up loving will outweight the bad smokes.

I think checking cigar.com and CI's daily deals is more addicting than cbid. I could spend $30 a day if I'm not careful.
[Reply]
T.G 12:16 AM 09-09-2009
Originally Posted by gnarly:
Besides the obvious flavor differences, I think I liked the Cask so much more than the Gold because of its build quality. The Gold's wrapper and filling seemed loose in comparison. The Gold also burned faster and hotter (it was perfectly humidified, so dryness wasn't the issue). There wasn't a defect with the Vegas Gold, I have five of them, and they are all rolled the same. Regardless, I'll smoke another soon to make sure it was the cigar and not me.
Two different manufacturers. The Golds are made by Nestor Plasencia in Honduras, the Cask II's by MATASA (Manuel Quesada) in the DR.

The Gold is a "cheaper" cigar than the Cask II.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:39 AM 09-09-2009
So far I've tried the A, Gold, Relic, and CS II. I smoked my first A ROTT and didn't care for it. Then I let one sit a bit and really enjoyed it. The Gold was way too mild for my tastes.
I won a 5er of Classics on cbid. Letting them rest a while before lighting one up.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
G G 10:12 AM 09-09-2009
I love me some 5 Vegas A's
[Reply]
Nimbus 12:56 PM 09-09-2009
If you want to win auctions on cbid, bid at the last moment, but make sure you check with their sister site Cigars International for the MSRP (Manufacture Suggested Retail Price). :-)

Some times people go into a bidding frenzy and forget about the MSRP and end up paying more than the MSRP.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:34 PM 09-09-2009
Originally Posted by Nimbus:
If you want to win auctions on cbid, bid at the last moment, but make sure you check with their sister site Cigars International for the MSRP (Manufacture Suggested Retail Price). :-)

Some times people go into a bidding frenzy and forget about the MSRP and end up paying more than the MSRP.
I'd never pay MSRP. I check CI's regular price (which is usually well below MSRP) and several other sites as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
gnarly 02:42 PM 09-09-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
You are getting good advice on here,,,,,use the CHIMP system in the future to ensure you are not getting screwed on your auctions. If you aren't aware of the taste profile of the cigar you are bidding on just get a 5 pak to test if you like the cigar. Why buy a box that might be potentially something you might not like? I test a lot of cigars by purchasing them in 5 paks,,,smoke one every month and after 6 months if I really like the cigar then I will buy a box of them.
Thanks for the CHIMP recommendation, really great advice.
[Reply]
smokin5 08:56 PM 09-09-2009
My basic rule is that I will not bid more than 65% of the cheapest price I can find at a retailer. That includes the cost of shipping.
Also explains why I haven't caught a winning bid in quite a while. Used to be a piece of cake, but you people are bidding far too high these days.
STOP IT!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up