Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>CI catalog Observations
poriggity 09:18 PM 08-29-2009
There is a reason I don't order from the "big guys" anymore. I stick to the guys like Cordova Cigars, Leaf and Ale, and a couple others. They get it right EVERY TIME and their prices often BEAT the big guys, but if they don't, they usually get close, and the stellar customer service makes up for the price difference.
Scott
[Reply]
T.G 10:07 AM 08-30-2009
Originally Posted by sodomanaz:
My favorite part of all of that was they put out another catalog shortly after (think it was titled JulyII) which STILL had the deal for the oscuro. So I call them up and was about to order, when they told me that they still didn't have it, and how they're basically the same thing blah blah blah.

Though to be honest, the deal itself was pretty good, even with the normal Padilla 68.
The final layout for the catalog has to be at the printer well over two months before it is supposed to hit your mailbox. Sometimes inventory stock levels are hard to predict three months in advance.
[Reply]
Titan410 04:02 PM 08-30-2009
I've always enjoyed the CI catalog and never had a problem ordering with them. I stopped by their "super store" after CigarFest 09 and it was pretty cool.
But, sounds like they better step up and get back on track or they will lose a loyal following.
[Reply]
Kreth 04:30 PM 08-30-2009
I've never had an issue ordering from CI, and with them in PA and me in NY, I usually get my sticks the day after ordering.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kenstogie 05:23 PM 08-30-2009
I think I said this but will say it again... I have always had good luck ordering from CI and like Jeff, I usually get my stix the next day. I wouldn't say this is luck as much as good customer service.
[Reply]
Sr Mike 06:35 PM 08-31-2009
Better than the Thompson catalog, they are constantly misrepresenting cigars. I ordered a brand I did not know (forgive me as I was new to cigars and knew of no forum to research, so I turned to Thompson), because it was a five country blend that may have been good. After I received the cigars, the box said they were from a completely different country than advertised. Further investigation, I learned it was a two country blend, descent cigar, but the last time I ever ordered from them.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:40 PM 08-31-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I've never had an issue ordering from CI, and with them in PA and me in NY, I usually get my sticks the day after ordering.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
I think I said this but will say it again... I have always had good luck ordering from CI and like Jeff, I usually get my stix the next day. I wouldn't say this is luck as much as good customer service.
Me threeve. (except it takes two days to get my order down here to NC)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up