Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>La Riqueza: "oh my God this wrapper!"
NCRadioMan 09:27 PM 08-23-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:
Pete Johnson seems to be doing something right! :-)
Yep, he knows how to utilize the very talented skills of Don Pepin. :-)
[Reply]
boom 09:31 PM 08-23-2009
These are great smokes, they are on my next box to buy list in a few weeks....
[Reply]
Jason 09:37 PM 08-23-2009
It's been a long time for me, I got some original release, a pc and robusto I believe, both were outstanding. I had it in my head that these would tail off in quality after they hit and took off ... so I kinda forgot about them.

I assume current stuff is good?
[Reply]
JJG 09:47 PM 08-23-2009
I tried to take a picture of the pretty marbled wrapper that caught my eye in the store. and then I got silly with the camera.

Classy Cat
[Reply]
JJG 11:02 PM 08-23-2009
I'm finally getting a chance to smoke before I put on the tv and retire for the evening. This cigar is an absolute pleasure, one of those sticks you just don't want to end. It's pretty firm, feels heavy and the draw is perfect. not too loose but I'm getting plenty of smoke.

It started off very spicy. There's no sweetness, mostly pepper and leather with a slightly perfumed aftertaste, which is my personal preference. sort of like a Cuban Boli or Partagas. I could get addicted to these.

This has been an excellent change of pace. I usually just buy a box or 5 pack and smoke my way through it which is boring I admit. but I know what I like so I don't try as large a variety of cigars as I used to. Lately I've been smoking out of a box of Montecristo #4s and this bold Riqueza was able to hang right along side the full flavored Montes.

It's getting a little bitter near the band so I'm going to call it quits but I must say, I am continually impressed by Don Pepin and Pete Johnson. here's bonus picture of Mittens on the balcony.

also, for any travel channel fans, I just saw Andrew Zimmern is going to be in Cuba on next Tuesday's show. If I think about it I'll post a reminder thread. cheers!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:07 PM 08-23-2009
See, I knew you would like it. :-)
[Reply]
NorcalMark 06:14 PM 08-24-2009
Great cigar, great wrapper.

The La Riqueza Double Corona is outstanding!
[Reply]
troutbreath 08:33 PM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by Mirrorlure7m:
The La Riqueza #2 is an amazing smoke. You will not be disappointed.
:-)

Picked up a box of these last March, and have enjoyed every one of them. PJ makes some great cigars.
[Reply]
Jason 11:20 PM 08-25-2009
good news, thanks for the review
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:27 AM 08-26-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Another cigar to add to my "hunting" list...thanks guys!! :-)
:-)
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 01:10 AM 08-26-2009
I smoke the La Riqueza Double Corona just about every morning lately....I LOVE that line of smokes
[Reply]
DPD6030 01:16 AM 08-26-2009
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:
I smoke the La Riqueza Double Corona just about every morning lately....I LOVE that line of smokes
Sure, rub it in.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up