Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Thanking a Soldier
elderboy02 07:20 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by Blindjimme:
When I thank people I see in uniform I sometimes see a slight shock in their reaction, like they were expecting something besides gratitude. That tells me they aren't thanked enough. They are heros and role models that children should be taught to respect. Good doings Al, even if you don't want a pat on the back! :-)
:-) I always thank a person when I see them in uniform. It is the least we can do.
[Reply]
rrplasencia 07:30 PM 08-20-2009
i remember i was traveling to a duty station once and somebody did that to me. it's a big deal, bigger then you realize. that soilder will never forget that. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:30 PM 08-20-2009
Thank you for the post Al. Inspiring. I will make it a point to show my gratitude more often in the future. Have done it before, but not nearly enough. :-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 11:12 PM 08-20-2009
Good for you, Al.
I can't tell you how much that means to us Military folks. What you took the time to do, happened to me three times in almost 9 years of service. I can still tell you where it happened and can picture their faces. I want to thank you, Sir and I :-) you.
You don't have to wear the uniform to be a Patriot and that is exactly what you are my friend. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 11:25 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
Good for you, Al.
I can't tell you how much that means to us Military folks. What you took the time to do, happened to me three times in almost 9 years of service. I can still tell you where it happened and can picture their faces. I want to thank you, Sir and I :-) you.
You don't have to wear the uniform to be a Patriot and that is exactly what you are my friend. :-)
In 8 yrs of service, I don't think it ever happened to me 3 times.

You did good, Al. :-)
[Reply]
G G 07:31 PM 08-21-2009
Thanks for sharing that Al, I will definately be thanking the next one I see, and everyone after that too.:-)
[Reply]
loki 07:36 PM 08-21-2009
I think we all need to do this a bit more. I stopped to thank a service member as I was chasing my fiancee through the dc metro. made me feel good to do that
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up