Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Don Jose "Pepin" Garcia
TheRiddick 11:51 PM 08-18-2009
And where is Ambos Mundos? And the new EO Brands Veracruz (Nicaraguan fillers and binder and Veracruz grown maduro wrapper)?
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:03 AM 08-19-2009
Thanks for the list! :-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 05:22 AM 08-19-2009
I was wondering when someone was going to build a shrine for DPG. Ta da!
[Reply]
TheTraveler 07:00 AM 08-19-2009
Thanks for an informative thread ... to the OP and the participants. I've read mostly good things about DPG blends on this forum and my interest is piqued. And ...

I haven't tried a single cigar from that list !!! So I'm a total blank slate when it comes to DPG and will truly enjoy my trip through that list. :-)

You've given me a goal: I will try every cigar on that list at least twice (providing of course they're all still in production). DPG cigars are what I'll buy from here forward (with maybe one or two side trips to old favorite cigars) until I've tried them all. Maybe I'll do that with other lines too if this turns out well.

Thanks! :-)

Edit: And DON'T throw those Obsidians out into the rain! I'll give them a good home. :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 08:07 AM 08-19-2009
Great list... As a newbie I've been wondering how cigar makers correlate with brands. This makes teh DPG line clear. I appreciate the effort put into this list. Thank you.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:33 AM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
And where is Ambos Mundos? And the new EO Brands Veracruz (Nicaraguan fillers and binder and Veracruz grown maduro wrapper)?
Dang bro...rampage much?
:-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 10:31 AM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:
Thanks for an informative thread ... to the OP and the participants. I've read mostly good things about DPG blends on this forum and my interest is piqued. And ...

I haven't tried a single cigar from that list !!! So I'm a total blank slate when it comes to DPG and will truly enjoy my trip through that list. :-)

You've given me a goal: I will try every cigar on that list at least twice (providing of course they're all still in production). DPG cigars are what I'll buy from here forward (with maybe one or two side trips to old favorite cigars) until I've tried them all. Maybe I'll do that with other lines too if this turns out well.

Thanks! :-)

Edit: And DON'T throw those Obsidians out into the rain! I'll give them a good home. :-)
I hope you have a fat wallet. Obtaining even one of each of those will be costly.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 10:34 AM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
I hope you have a fat wallet. Obtaining even one of each of those will be costly.
I have a fat a$$ - does that count? :-)

J/K Yeah, I've learned that, although there are diamonds in the rough and good cigars for the $ out there, you'll have to pay a bit more for the top-of-the-line stuff.
[Reply]
beamish 10:42 AM 08-19-2009
great post thanx for the update:-)
[Reply]
Fumes 10:51 AM 08-19-2009
The only Troya ever produced by DPG was the Clasico, which was a Nicaraguan puro, and which is no longer produced by Pepin. The Connecticut and Cameroon lines have nothing to do with Pepin, now or ever.
[Reply]
Les Nessman 12:54 PM 08-19-2009
Great list.

Now who is up for creating a list for Rocky Patel? :-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 12:59 PM 08-19-2009
Thanks for the thread Dan and welcome to CA, I have a question for you - where do the Cojonos fall here?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:00 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
Yeah, the Overruns will cost you a whole 2 dollars. The Benchmade's/White Tats/Ambos Mundos are all at $5 or under. You might just go broke. :-)
[Reply]
yitlin 01:20 PM 08-19-2009
Great topic and informative list, you've given me some sticks to track down for sure. A RG bump for you for taking the time to do this!
[Reply]
TomHagen 03:58 PM 08-19-2009
also House Blend @ De La Concha in NYC... about to fire one up!!

(he might also make the houseblend (same cigar) @ Barclay Rex in NYC (don't know fo sure))
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 07:22 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Yeah, the Overruns will cost you a whole 2 dollars. The Benchmade's/White Tats/Ambos Mundos are all at $5 or under. You might just go broke. :-)
Not to mention www.blackcatcigars.com where you can get some great, great, great prices on DPG Blue and Black.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:25 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
Great thread idea!

Now... who's going to take up the "CA DPG Challenge" and be the first to have tried them all? :-)
Don't look at me.:-)
I've taken too many challenges in the last two months.
[Reply]
Steelergar 09:58 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:

I haven't tried a single cigar from that list !!!
You've given me a goal: I will try every cigar on that list at least twice (providing of course they're all still in production). DPG cigars are what I'll buy from here forward (with maybe one or two side trips to old favorite cigars) until I've tried them all. :-)
Have fun thats what I have been doing for the past year and a half and I still have 15 brands to go. Don't forget about c-bid, they always have Pepin's for cheap.
I didn't know Casa Royale used the same wrapper as Tat black. Casa Royale is probably one of my least favorite Pepin blends. I also didn't see JJ maduro on there.
thanks for the taking the time and effort to put this up.
I was curious as to what you pepin fans think of Casa Torano Signature series?I tried these recently and loved it
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 03:23 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by Les Nessman:
Great list.

Now who is up for creating a list for Rocky Patel? :-)
Hopefully no one.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 03:25 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
I was curious as to what you pepin fans think of Casa Torano Signature series?I tried these recently and loved it
I had one not too long ago and enjoyed it. I'm not a big fan of Torano but this and the 50th year are both Toranos that I did enjoy.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up