Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>A few pics I took today just for fun...
dubnick 08:26 PM 08-13-2009
How'd you take a picture of the camera? :-)l :-)l

Just kidding,

Very cool shots
[Reply]
Norcal_aaron 10:16 PM 08-13-2009
Is that a Polish Tantel??? Did you build it ?
:-)
[Reply]
Roland of Gilead 10:31 PM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by dubnick:
How'd you take a picture of the camera? :-)l :-)l

Just kidding,

Very cool shots
You would not believe how many mirrors that shot took...

Originally Posted by :
Is that a Polish Tantel??? Did you build it ?
It's a Romainian SAR-3 in 5.56mm

-Roland.
[Reply]
coastietech 06:09 AM 08-14-2009
Very nice guns... and cigars.

One of these days I'll post up some pics of my guns... I mean my buddies guns... who lives far away. :-)
[Reply]
joeybear 06:14 AM 08-14-2009
Great pics :-)
[Reply]
klipsch 09:11 AM 08-14-2009
Those pics gave me a woody....which hasn't happened in years. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:13 AM 08-14-2009
Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:19 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
My every day carry is the 642. Wish they'd lose the stupid internal lock though.
Remind me to steer clear of Portland & Orlando....

Originally Posted by ucla695:
Now I feel silly just having locks on my humis. :-)
Me too Mike!

Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead:
Here is the camera setup I used.

-Roland.
Originally Posted by dubnick:
How'd you take a picture of the camera?
You beat me to it!

Nice shots, so to speak!
[Reply]
coastietech 09:27 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Remind me to steer clear of Portland & Orlando....

You'd would be very suprised to learn how many people outside of CA and the New England area carry everyday. :-) :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:47 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
You'd would be very suprised to learn how many people outside of CA and the New England area carry everyday. :-) :-)
Remind me to stay put here with the rest of us Califlowers! :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 10:40 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Remind me to stay put here with the rest of us Califlowers! :-)
Just a fun fact for you... Less than .01% of all crimes in America are commited by licensed concealed weapon carriers.

Most people that have a license to carry have undergone a background check, some form of training and have never commited a felony or a violent crime.

Being someone that has a deep passion for firearms, carry laws, and things of that nature if you are really interested in learning more about this subject PM me and I could point you to a few great sources.

P.S. I'm sorry for the thread jack...
[Reply]
troutbreath 11:20 AM 08-14-2009
Nice camera, too! You have given me some inspiration, but I have a MUCH larger selection of models from the humidor than I have from the gun safe.
[Reply]
kaelaria 11:20 AM 08-14-2009
Awesome shots bro! Cigars, photography and guns - three of my biggest passions!! I don't know why I've never done a gun/cigar **** shot yet...
[Reply]
floydpink 11:35 AM 08-14-2009
Just a fun fact for you... Less than .01% of all crimes in America are commited by licensed concealed weapon carriers.

Most people that have a license to carry have undergone a background check, some form of training and have never commited a felony or a violent crime.

Being someone that has a deep passion for firearms, carry laws, and things of that nature if you are really interested in learning more about this subject PM me and I could point you to a few great sources.

P.S. I'm sorry for the thread jack...
The NRA has tried to point that out for decades. It doesn't work unfortunately.

A coworker showed me the staples in his head yesterday from the baseball bat that cracked open his skull after being held at gunpoint for an hour during a home invasion that was on last night's news. He wasn't comfortable talking about the torture he endured during the robbery so I let it go.

He lives close to me, which makes it convenient for him to come to the range next week to try out some new handguns.

Apparantly he isn't in the mood to be beaten in his bedroom again.

Living in a state that restricts your second ammendment rights makes the job of armed criminals much easier and they must really love living in New England and California.

Oh yeah, sorry, nice pics.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 11:53 AM 08-14-2009

No worries, I was just teasin'... :-)

I've got a bud who lives close to us who has an Israeli issue AK-47 who I won't hesitate to call in case of emergencies! :-) And yes, it does suck that all I've got to protect me & mrsreindeer are these guns here:

We had a 'break-in' about a year ago (turns out mrsreindeer didn't lock the front door and it blew open) and the alarm was blaring and I was already at work and she cowered in the bathroom at the bottom of the house 'til the cops came and it took 'em a good 20 minutes and she was scared to death. It wasn't good then (fortunately it turned out to be nothing) and it certainly ain't going to be good now that we've started a family. A lot can happen in 20 freakin' minutes.
[Reply]
floydpink 12:06 PM 08-14-2009
My passive attitude changed dramatically on an especially cold January night in 2005.

My wife was 6 weeks away from delivering my daughter and was having cravings for Tropigrill chicken and black beans and rice. I obediently headed out after a long day of decorating the nursery.

As I left my car and headed down the dark path to our old condo, I had a gun pointed in my face, was robbed, and spilled two combo meals all over the grass.

I remember my wife thinking my priorities were a little screwed up when I went for a gun before finishing picking out the bear borders for the nursery early the next morning.

Delivery day is always special, but I felt a little lucky to be there.

I live in a safer place now. MUCH safer.

Took the internal lock out since taking the pic, but I'd forget my car keys before my Smith snubbie.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:11 PM 08-14-2009
I'm glad that wasn't worse than it was Pete. And I know how incredibly small and helpless you felt...I was mugged at gunpoint by two guys in Torrance not in the middle of a dark path but in front of a damn grocery store at 8 at night! I watched as people walked into the store and didn't want to get involved with a poor kid being robbed. I couldn't freakin' believe it.
[Reply]
coastietech 12:19 PM 08-14-2009
Fortunately I learned from other's experience and have never had something like that happen to me. That doesn't stop me from carrying my G19 with me religiously. If you see me it's there. :-)
[Reply]
eber 12:21 PM 08-14-2009
very cool pictures man :-)
[Reply]
tchariya 12:45 PM 08-14-2009
hmmm got a M1903A1 you could do some pics with....I know someone who would enjoy that as wallpaper...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up