Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>What exactly is an " ACID " cigar?
csbrewfisher 12:19 PM 08-07-2009
Youse guys sound really cynical... :-)
[Reply]
md4958 12:28 PM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by Dead Eye:
Aint that something , I'm glad I asked . The ads make them sound like the best thing since the pocket knife . Think I'll stick with the Park Avenue and Cu Avana . Thanks fellas !
you should try one for yourself. You might enjoy them, Ive seen plenty that do.
[Reply]
tobii3 12:34 PM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
So while ACID cigars aren't liked much and while a lot of experienced cigar smokers don't like them, give them some credit for what they do. They bring young and new people to the hobby.
You're absolutely right. Just last weekend I was smoking a '58 pre Embargo with a bunch of guys who used to smoke Phillie Blunts, White Owls and Black n Milds.

:-)
[Reply]
Tuxguy 11:05 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
As much as everyone knocks ACID cigars they are the stepping stone for alot of new cigar smokers.

I'll be honest I really liked the first Kuba Kuba I smoked and it's what made me want to try more. If I had started out with habano type cigars I may not have stuck around to really start to enjoy the hobby.

So while ACID cigars aren't liked much and while a lot of experienced cigar smokers don't like them, give them some credit for what they do. They bring young and new people to the hobby.

JMHO
<------------- Living proof
[Reply]
Gargoyle 05:40 AM 08-10-2009
An Acid is just different. Some people like the change of pace... just like a pipe with a bowl of cherry or any of the different pipe tobaccos that are available.

Acids ARE a bit odd and can be strong, but they are good in mixed company.
[Reply]
taltos 06:36 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
To give the Swisher Sweet crowd something to move up to. :-)
Swishers taste better.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:16 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by Tuxguy:
<------------- Living proof
:-) I was drawn in by the "ambiance"...but was quickly educated on "proper" cigars. High five!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up