Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Oliva V -- Not a fan.
skullnrose 08:05 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
I haven't been overly impressed by the V's either. I think that the V lancero is the best out of the lot.
:-)

Not one of my favorite sticks but I do like the lancero. If I head over to the B&M for a smoke and they have the lancero I'll pick one or two up.
[Reply]
shemp 08:15 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
The Oliva V really just doesn't do anything for me. It's not a BAD cigar, just doesn't grab me like some of the other Nicaraguan ligero-bombs out today.

I initially smoked one and didn't care for it at all. Took a chance and grabbed a few more, letting them sit in the humi for almost a year to see if they got any better. They haven't. I even tried different sizes! :-)

Oh well. More V's for you mofos. :-)
dead1...right on the money! i had one yesterday, was hoping big things and was left very bland...bummer..oh for the days of the vhh 6 x 60...
[Reply]
massphatness 08:36 PM 07-16-2009
I've smoked a fair number of these although not nearly as many recently, and I always liked them. The V's along with the 601 Green Labels were my two favorite ass kicking sticks.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:13 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
The Oliva V really just doesn't do anything for me. It's not a BAD cigar, just doesn't grab me like some of the other Nicaraguan ligero-bombs out today.

I initially smoked one and didn't care for it at all. Took a chance and grabbed a few more, letting them sit in the humi for almost a year to see if they got any better. They haven't. I even tried different sizes! :-)

Oh well. More V's for you mofos. :-)
:-)

They don't live up to the hype I hear about them here (IMHO). I do love the Oliva Gs, though.:-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 09:50 PM 07-16-2009
I love the 'V'. Especially the "Special V", one of my favorite NC's.
[Reply]
Steelergar 10:12 PM 07-16-2009
I have a torpedo Oliva V thats getting smoked this weekend. And I only bought because there hyped up on here. Ones that I previously tried were OK and not too complex. If I dont care for this one or the oliva O that I picked up, I"m done with Oliva except for a try of a special S.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:15 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
I have a torpedo Oliva V thats getting smoked this weekend. And I only bought because there hyped up on here. Ones that I previously tried were OK and not too complex. If I dont care for this one or the oliva O that I picked up, I"m done with Oliva except for a try of a special S.
Have you tried the G?
[Reply]
Steelergar 10:45 PM 07-16-2009
i pretty sure I have, but I am not a fan of cameroon wrappers.
[Reply]
joeybear 11:22 AM 07-17-2009
If you smoke slow, you'll never have a problem with the wrappers, but I don't. I smoke too fast and the wrappers blow-up on every single one I've had. I'll pass on them.
[Reply]
tchariya 12:23 PM 07-17-2009
Lanceros are my favorites too...and they come 36 in a box!!! That's 50% more than most boxes. hehe...took me forever to enjoy the entire box. They did get better the longer they sat. I tried to smoke one every 1-2 weeks.
[Reply]
acarr 03:26 PM 07-17-2009
I never had an Oliva that I didn't like
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 03:46 PM 07-17-2009
Different smokes for different folks I guess :-)

I really enjoy them.
[Reply]
G G 03:58 PM 07-17-2009
I like the V's a lot, except I am bassackwards from a lot of yall. I didn't like the lancero much. I think it's me though cause I think I smoked it too fast and it went bad on me. I have had the double robustos, robusto, torpedo, and figurado and loved em all.
[Reply]
itsme_timd 04:07 PM 07-17-2009
Wow, glad to see I'm not alone in not loving the V's. I've tried a few and fully agree with Mark - it's not a bad cigar, just not a great cigar. However I love the Oliva G's.

And... if I want a heavy ligero hit, the LFD Double Ligero has never let me down. :-)
[Reply]
Steelergar 11:00 PM 07-17-2009
I'm smoking a O Maduro robusto right now and I"m impressed so far. Taste similar to DPG JJ Maduro to me. I plan on checking my b&m tomorrow to pick up a G and a O natural to see how much I like those. Can't knock it if you haven't tried it.
[Reply]
borndead1 03:00 AM 07-19-2009
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
I'm smoking a O Maduro robusto right now and I"m impressed so far. Taste similar to DPG JJ Maduro to me. I plan on checking my b&m tomorrow to pick up a G and a O natural to see how much I like those. Can't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Yep. I like the O nat and mad way more than the V. The G is OK, not something I would buy but would definitely smoke if handed one -- although I used to smoke a lot of the old "Grand Cameroon" blend robustos. Used to love those things. :-)
[Reply]
Steelergar 09:08 PM 07-19-2009
I picked up my own oliva sampler the other day including the master blend 2 and 3. So far I like the O maduro but I dont care for the O natural or any of the G "s. the g's have too many stems in them and the flavor is nothing that I care for. next up is the special s and V belicoso.
[Reply]
bigboycigarman 09:12 PM 07-19-2009
Really Enjoy them, but do think they need to be aged a little...
[Reply]
GTsetGO 08:16 AM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I like the V's a lot, except I am bassackwards from a lot of yall. I didn't like the lancero much. I think it's me though cause I think I smoked it too fast and it went bad on me. I have had the double robustos, robusto, torpedo, and figurado and loved em all.
i am with you on this one. I really didn't care for the lancero. The 3-4 that i have had went bad in the last 3rd.

Double Robusto and Double toro have never let me down.
[Reply]
sboyajian 08:43 AM 07-20-2009
I like the flavor profile of the V.. sadly out of the 4 or 5 I have had (Robusto, Torpedo, Lancero) I have had major draw issues on every one of them. 1 from the B&M (bought and smoked there) and the rest sitting in my humidors (65%) ...

I've given up on the V's.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up