Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Are you going through CI/Famous withdrawals?
Dunkel 07:02 AM 07-17-2009
Today is Joe's Jam too. Bummer!
[Reply]
Waynegro1 07:18 AM 07-17-2009
Last year I would of been with you, I'd check the "sites" at least a couple times a day. Since S-Chit, I've not looked at the stogie sites but maybe a couple of times this year. I've been trying to support my local B&M's as much as possible (I've already lost one B&M thanks to our Government). So, that's where I'm spending most of my stogie money.
I have to admit, as soon as I read your post, I checked all the stogie sites and they're some deals to be had. :-)
[Reply]
Thrak 07:23 AM 07-17-2009
looks like its down again lol... during a jambalaya too!! :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:36 AM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:
Same deal still down but what's jambalaya??
[Reply]
Thrak 07:40 AM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Same deal still down but what's jambalaya??
Its like a woot off.. they put up a deal, its there until its sold out then the next one comes up.

Some deals last hours cuz no one wants them, others go in minutes and you have to be quick!

Its alot of fun, and free shipping on everything! :-)
[Reply]
mcmoyer 07:44 AM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:
Been up & down more than a $2 hooker.
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:01 AM 07-17-2009
Somebody's gonna be in trouble for this.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:53 AM 07-17-2009
This is ridiculous!!!

How are they supposed to take my money???

[Reply]
mrgto 10:19 AM 07-17-2009
cigarplace.biz is even saying service unavalible!
[Reply]
Clampdown 10:20 AM 07-17-2009
I totally forgot about those sites.
[Reply]
14holestogie 10:25 AM 07-17-2009
Could it be the far-reaching smoke-nazis? :-)
[Reply]
Thrak 10:26 AM 07-17-2009
Its interesting to see how many sites, who we thought were not affiliated (for the most part) are having the same problem...

Housed in the same data center? On the same servers? hmm....
[Reply]
Kreth 11:12 AM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
Last year I would of been with you, I'd check the "sites" at least a couple times a day. Since S-Chit, I've not looked at the stogie sites but maybe a couple of times this year. I've been trying to support my local B&M's as much as possible (I've already lost one B&M thanks to our Government). So, that's where I'm spending most of my stogie money.
Unfortunately, my local B&M is a joke. The selection sucks (unless you're into Dutch Masters), and they were selling RP Vintage 90s for $12 a pop BEFORE S-CHIP.
However, when the wife and I are shopping in Albany, I make a point of picking up a few sticks at Habana Premium. Great shop, and they hosted a herf a few months back.
[Reply]
joeybear 11:20 AM 07-17-2009
I logged onto CI today and saw that it was a Jambalaya day. I was excited but since then, nothing else would load.
[Reply]
kydsid 12:07 PM 07-17-2009
Probably a DoS attack. I say that because I am still getting CI's email's. A list as large as theirs probably would be managed by the same data center as the websites in all likelyhood but are not being affected. Or some routers went down and tookt he websites with them but after this long I would think it would be fixed or even moved to another data center.
[Reply]
Dunkel 01:12 PM 07-17-2009
I got my order quickly despite the troubles.
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:29 PM 07-17-2009
I find it rather suprising that they don't have their websites 100% backed up at a seperate server farm. My company has all of our stuff like this hosted at more than one server location so we never go "off line."
[Reply]
kydsid 01:58 PM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I find it rather suprising that they don't have their websites 100% backed up at a seperate server farm. My company has all of our stuff like this hosted at more than one server location so we never go "off line."
True. But don't certain DoS attacks even prevent you from moving to a server farm because they target the DNS routing?
[Reply]
azherfer 02:02 PM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Probably a DoS attack. I say that because I am still getting CI's email's. A list as large as theirs probably would be managed by the same data center as the websites in all likelyhood but are not being affected. Or some routers went down and tookt he websites with them but after this long I would think it would be fixed or even moved to another data center.
More than likely the cause. Our NK buddies have been hacking and DoS'ng government and other popular websites all week.
[Reply]
Caymus 02:37 PM 07-17-2009
I don't remember this happening when Bush was president.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up