Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Ban on tobacco urged in military
Starscream 10:51 AM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by Mr B:
I heard that on the radio this morning. What a bunch of CRAP!
Taking rights and freedom away from the very people who are out there fighting for them.

:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 10:57 AM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
North Carolina is filled with carpetbaggers now. What once was a strong conservative state is now turning more and more liberal...
I wasn't going there, but you're 100% correct my friend :-)
[Reply]
hornitosmonster 11:07 AM 07-10-2009
Man...freedoms are slowly creeping away day by day.
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 11:09 AM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Yep. I totally agree with your statement how they can die for us, but no cigars.

Freaking morons.
I'm with ya. The same way we can go off to war at 18 but can't have a drink til 21. Maybe a military ID should bypass that law. :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 11:56 AM 07-10-2009
Alright, fine, ban tobacco in the Military.

While you're at it, ban Alcohol for all members of Congress.

This is fuggin retarded.
[Reply]
Steelergar 12:06 PM 07-10-2009
I remember when they first started this crap when I was in the airforce. It started with smoking areas. Their worried about productivity, I remember 3/4th of my time in the military being spent waiting around for stuff to happen.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 12:09 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
I remember when they first started this crap when I was in the airforce. It started with smoking areas. Their worried about productivity, I remember 3/4th of my time in the military being spent waiting around for stuff to happen.
Hurry Up And Wait ... it may be a cliche but it's still the truth! :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 12:52 PM 07-10-2009
Big Daddy Govt telling you what to do and not to do. And tomorrow when you get up, it will be worse!
[Reply]
zitro_joe 12:57 PM 07-10-2009
They have been saying this for as long as I have been in. There are a few smoke free bases, but I think that is as far as they will take it...never know for sure, though.
[Reply]
shilala 01:03 PM 07-10-2009
My guess is that Jack Smith and Cynthia Smith are smokers.
They work in the Pentagon.
They aren't allowed to smoke at work.
Tit for tat, ya know? Maybe if Jack and Cynthia were dropped in a trench under heavy gunfire for a few days, their recommendation might come in a little different.
Or maybe a few of the boys in the dirt could have a little "alone time" with them?
[Reply]
Commander Quan 01:23 PM 07-10-2009
I wouldn't be surprised to see an article soon about someone wanting to ban guns in the military. :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 01:46 PM 07-10-2009
I love how President Obama has to apologize for his cigarette smoking and act like he's going to be spanked for having a smoke. You're literally supposed to be the alpha male of the country and you're apologizing for using a freedom so that nanny groups won't harass you? Please. Like him or hate him the guy's the President and should behave accordingly.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:51 PM 07-10-2009
They have been talking about this since befire I came in...over 23 years ago, and the only thing that has changed...

- No more smoking on government buildings
- Dedicated smoking areas outside
[Reply]
Starscream 01:52 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
I might support that bill:-)
[Reply]
themoneycollector 01:59 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Alright, fine, ban tobacco in the Military.

This is fuggin retarded.
Good point
[Reply]
darkninja67 02:02 PM 07-10-2009
Ain't democracy great?
what a load of cow poop
[Reply]
e-man67 02:26 PM 07-10-2009
I think if they pass this the troops should turn to these pentagon health officials pushing this and hand them their rifles and say "you fight this f@#king war, you get shot at!" ...buncha bastards f@#ks. Heaven forbid our boys actually enjoy a smoke while fighting in that 120 degree hell hole of sand....I am sooo sick of all these politicians deciding what's best for people...let the people decide!!!
[Reply]
Flat4boxer 04:36 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Makes me sick at times.....I have another name for carpetbagers but I'll leave that out of the discussion. :-)
[Reply]
Flat4boxer 04:39 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
They have been talking about this since befire I came in...over 23 years ago, and the only thing that has changed...

- No more smoking on government buildings
- Dedicated smoking areas outside
We use to have a platoon office where we'd hold platoon meetings in the barracks. Half of us smoked, the other half didn't. I just remember the "other half" turning green most of the time. :-) :-)
[Reply]
ZenSilk 04:39 PM 07-10-2009
Then fight your own war, "pentagon health officials".
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up