Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Sports>Attention Red Sox Fans
The Poet 03:01 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by Cort:
Ya I hope our pitching will show up this series. We seem to do well against the Yanks for some reason so I am optomistic.

Be nice to Moe. He makes cookies.
Yeah, my boys always seem to have problems with youse guys, and I'll be happy with 2 of 3 - I know you won't, but hey. And as for Moe, cookies or no, I tried to be nice, but those guys are crazy-blind when it comes to their teams. That's why they're so fun to tease - you can probably see them turning red from there. :-)
[Reply]
cort 03:06 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Yeah, my boys always seem to have problems with youse guys, and I'll be happy with 2 of 3 - I know you won't, but hey. And as for Moe, cookies or no, I tried to be nice, but those guys are crazy-blind when it comes to their teams. That's why they're so fun to tease - you can probably see them turning red from there. :-)
I'll take 2 of 3 as well just the other way around.:-)

I am stayin far away from this NY-MA battle. I dont mind talkin **** when my teams play you fools. The best thing that could happen would be if when the sox played the yanks they would fill the staduim with fans give them a bunch of beers so they get all fiesty and then just call it a tie and see what would happen.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:10 PM 07-10-2009
Except for the "tie" thing - google Bucky Dent if you don't understand - that's pretty much what happens every series, Fenway or the Bronx.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:19 PM 07-10-2009
Nice troll :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:24 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Nice troll :-)
Hey, some of my best friends are trolls - and a few are Sox fans too. :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:17 PM 07-10-2009
I love it when my Yankee buddies have to refer back to ancient history.....this century has been a disaster for their dear Yanks......
[Reply]
The Poet 04:20 PM 07-10-2009
Which was my point, George - why let ancient history get you all bent outta shape? It is our mutual history, Yanks and Sox, and should be celebrated, not a bone on contention. Baseball is a pastime, and needs to be viewed as that, no more.
[Reply]
md4958 04:36 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
Can we send this guy back and Legend???
my apologies, I was in the car when I posted that.

It should have been: "Can we send this guy back for Legend???"

And I would reply to Moe's post too, but I don't speak fragmented gibberish. :-)
Lemme decipher that for you Tom:

Legend was the biggest asshat Cigar Asylum ever saw... UNTIL June 5, 2009.

I could care less about Dent, Boone or whatever other ass-clown you yankee fans drag up every time you're depressed about not winning a world series in this century.

I do find it hilarious that the yankee fan's greatest hero is now making appearances at Home Depots in New Jersey... awesome :-):-)

Out of respect for the MODs I wont tell you how I really feel about you.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:41 PM 07-10-2009
Babe Ruth? Lou Gehrig? Joe DiMaggio, Dom's better brother? Yogi Berra? Mickey Mantle? Donnie Baseball? Or Jeter and Mo? Ever heard of these guys? Bucky Dent is NOT a Yankee's fan greatest hero - he's just the guy you hate the most - beside me, it appears.

:-)
[Reply]
joed 05:24 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
I love it when my Yankee buddies have to refer back to ancient history.....this century has been a disaster for their dear Yanks......
even monkeys fall out of trees once in a while. It's a fact of nature. Now - if the red sox can keep it up for 10 or 12 centuries - they will have accumulated a comparable amount of titles and then we have something to talk about.

it's a great rivalry between the two teams - and fun to watch - the sox have kicked ass this year - and unless the yanks can beat this team in a heads up series, it doesn't matter which is first and which is the wild card.

neither are going to beat joe torre and the dodgers this year!
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 05:24 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
you're depressed about not winning a world series in this century.
2000 WS doesn't count?
[Reply]
gnukfu 05:31 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
2000 WS doesn't count?
That's last century - 2001 starts this century's World Series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century
[Reply]
cort 06:00 PM 07-10-2009
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:09 PM 07-10-2009
i was in baltimore last summer watching an O's/ Red Sox game and this guy sitting in front of me was wearing a Yankee shirt and was attempting to talk sh*t to all the Red Sox and O's fans surrounding him. I have no problem with a yankee fan enjoying a game but when you show up wearing gear from a team not even playing and start running your mouth thats when I have an issue.
[Reply]
The Poet 10:36 AM 07-11-2009
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
I have no problem with a yankee fan enjoying a game but when you show up wearing gear from a team not even playing and start running your mouth thats when I have an issue.
I could not agree more, the guy was a jerk, and if the Os and Sox fans had dragged him under the stands and beat the $#!+ outta him, then my feeling would be he asked for it. Let's face it - there are fans, and there are @$$holes. Despite what some think here, I am a fan - can all of them here say the same?

[Reply]
gnukfu 04:19 PM 07-11-2009
I could not agree more, the guy was a jerk, and if the Os and Sox fans had dragged him under the stands and beat the $#!+ outta him, then my feeling would be he asked for it. Let's face it - there are fans, and there are @$$holes. Despite what some think here, I am a fan - can all of them here say the same?

Not me! I'm one of those fair weather fans. Only been going to Fenway since 1964! :-)...my parents could afford to bring the whole family for a weekend series which included a doubleheader and we stayed in the Fenway Motel.....box seats every year.....I was so spoiled and didn't realize it at the time....
[Reply]
cort 06:27 PM 07-11-2009
Go Angels:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 01:50 PM 07-13-2009
Summer is here and Yankees and Sox fans are at each others' throats. Ain't it grand:-). One thing I do thank the Yankees for: rooting for the Sox would not be as much fun if we did not get to [FONT=Verdana]simultaneously root against the Evil Empire, Bucky freakin' Dent...aaarrrggghh![/FONT]
[Reply]
The Poet 01:55 PM 07-13-2009
Back-to-back Garys, hunh? Well, imprimis for Cort, your pitching was lousy this weekend - but mine sucked big time. As for VT, secundus, yes that's a good part of my whole point here - if nobody cared, it would be no fun. However, it should be seen as that - fun - and not a matter of life and death. It's just a freakin' game, boys.

[Reply]
yourchoice 08:34 PM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
The Yankee fans are probably the second worst that I have seen, close behind Philadelphia fans in general..... I do appologize to any Yankme fan who is not an a**hole.
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Even Philly fans behaved better than the Sox when they won last year :-)
Originally Posted by taltos:
By the way, the Phillies fans were still in shock. First time that a Philadelphia fan has ever behaved.
Don't know what prompted me to click on this thread, but don't all of you ***holes (tongue in cheek) drag the reigning World Series Champions fans into your (it's getting old) tiff! :-)

Generalizations suck, but it's part of what makes sports fun. Now all of you Yankme and BlowSox fans have a nice night and we'll see one of you in October!

Now where's my damn apology? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up