Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Opus X release dates.
DougBushBC 07:42 PM 06-16-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Cigar Girl!?!

Haven't seen her around in a while. I miss the... um... banter she was famous for with Icehog.
:-)
I was talking about the Cigar Gril from Tampa Sweethearts!
[Reply]
Chemyst 09:02 PM 06-16-2009
Holts had only Anejo #55 and OpusX #4 and OpusX #5 last Saturday.
They have Anejo #50 in their Four Seasons Sampler.

There were limits on the Opus(2), and maybe the Anejo (I don't remember),
which is normal at Holts. That's 2 per day, so if you live/work near Holts
you can get alot of them in a week. I make a special trip now and then.

I got the feeling that they didn't get their Father's Day shipment yet, and had
some back stock from Xmas on the shelves at Walnut St.

They had lots and lots of WOAMs and VSGs in stock, among even higher end
Fuentes. WOAMs and VSGs are good with me! :-)

If Holts has limited Opus/Anejo stock, there isn't much around.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
Beagleone 10:54 PM 06-16-2009
Fuente sent out a shipment in March to beat the tax increase that hit on April 1st. I pretty sure we won't see anything until November, but like it has been stated already, Fuente ships what they want when they want. You get them, an invoice and pay them accordingly. One of my B&Ms still has quite a few, partly due to price, partly do to low demand.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:55 AM 06-17-2009
I honestly don't know and I've never smoked one so I might as well ask now.

I was at a B&M and overheard a couple of guys talking, one tells the other that the Anejo is a maduro Opus. Is that correct? No one else sitting around disagreed.
[Reply]
troutbreath 09:10 AM 06-17-2009
The names of the various Aņejo vitolas (eg "No.48") are derived from the ring gauge of the cigar in question (except for the "Shark"; see below).

Aņejo (which means "aged, refined" in Spanish) cigars were originally released in June 2000 (in a very small batch), and then again in December 2000 due to Fuente being skittish about whether enough Opus X tobacco would be available after the hurricane hit their farm in 1998.

Aņejos have a blend of Opus X, Don Carlos, and Hemingway filler, with Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers that are cured in cognac barrels after they've been aged.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=35&pos=0
[Reply]
Scottw 09:24 AM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
the names of the various aņejo vitolas (eg "no.48") are derived from the ring gauge of the cigar in question (except for the "shark"; see below).

Aņejo (which means "aged, refined" in spanish) cigars were originally released in june 2000 (in a very small batch), and then again in december 2000 due to fuente being skittish about whether enough opus x tobacco would be available after the hurricane hit their farm in 1998.

aņejos have a blend of opus x, don carlos, and hemingway filler, with connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers that are cured in cognac barrels after they've been aged.
http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=35&pos=0
yummmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
uptown_isy 10:33 AM 06-17-2009
Opus came out 3 times last year, and Anejos are only coming out for Christmas. While Opus is supposed to be out for father's day, we haven't gotten any yet.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 12:17 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Guys,

I had a friend of mine ask a question as to at what times during the year are Opus X's released to retailers, any idea? I thought it was around Father's Day and Christmas but I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated.

SW
Today! I was at a local B&M today when UPS brought in 3 boxes of opus and several 3 packs. Carolina crew, PM en route.
[Reply]
troutbreath 12:21 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Today! I was at a local B&M today when UPS brought in 3 boxes of opus and several 3 packs. Carolina crew, PM en route.
Where is "local?" I may have to hit the only possible location in my area.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 12:24 PM 06-17-2009
PM Sent
[Reply]
troutbreath 12:32 PM 06-17-2009
Thanks!
[Reply]
flat6nut 06:40 AM 06-20-2009
I bought a bunch of Opus yesterday at my local Tobacco Depot. They did have 3 vitolas in, but only had 2 left when I was there. Perfection X and Robusto.
I also just bought some Anejos directly from Tampa Sweethearts.

From what I understand...most B&M's will not put out their entire stock...they save some for prefered customers, and for odd times.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 07:49 AM 06-20-2009
I don't think that "most" do this but yes some do, I would think that most would be happy to sell their product to whomever wants to come in and buy it.
[Reply]
flat6nut 09:52 AM 06-21-2009
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
I don't think that "most" do this but yes some do, I would think that most would be happy to sell their product to whomever wants to come in and buy it.
Most may be overstating, but If I owned a cigar shop, I would be sure to set aside stuff for friends and special customers.
[Reply]
Flat4boxer 10:32 AM 06-21-2009
Mike, let me know if you want me to stop and get you some of these.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 10:33 AM 06-21-2009
They are starting to hit around here... MD...
[Reply]
troutbreath 04:56 PM 06-21-2009
Originally Posted by Flat4boxer:
Mike, let me know if you want me to stop and get you some of these.

I'm good for now, but thanks. I'm really tempted, but need to slow down on the purchases . . . and I really don't know where I would put them if I got any.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:03 PM 06-21-2009
Originally Posted by flat6nut:
Most may be overstating, but If I owned a cigar shop, I would be sure to set aside stuff for friends and special customers.
We have a call list at my shop. They are told before anyone else that Opus has arrived. They are still limited to a minimum of 5 cigars but they will bring their wives, kids, cousins and friends to pick up more. :-) Frankly, they are the only ones that really know what the Opus X is. We had a shipment arrive last Wednesday.
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 05:35 PM 06-21-2009
Got a call from my friend today letting me know our local spot put out some Lanceros!
when I got there thay were out >< damn my procrastination. Seems to be their one stick I cant get a hold of. As to weather this was a new arrival or old stock the kid working did not know.....
[Reply]
Flat4boxer 06:13 PM 06-21-2009
I'm good for now, but thanks. I'm really tempted, but need to slow down on the purchases . . . and I really don't know where I would put them if I got any.
I know the feeling, my desktop humi is maxed out. Time to go make some room :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up