Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>FedEx problem BIG one
taltos 10:47 AM 06-23-2009
Bringing the situation to the local press might also do something useful for your purposes but this shows the problem with dealing with a reseller on line.
[Reply]
bigloo 10:47 AM 06-23-2009
I also would not give up. I has a package dissapear once and even though they LOST my package they tried to screw me. Go at them again and get aggressive.
[Reply]
Junior 12:39 PM 06-23-2009
I found out after talking with FedEx again that the seller never provided them with the documents they needed. Also from what I was told they will only pay the declared value, so I will be doing all this for $5. I will do whatever I have to it has now become doing it for the principal of it.
[Reply]
macpappy 04:25 PM 06-23-2009
Sounds to me like the problem may have been the seller and not Fedex.
[Reply]
bigloo 04:30 PM 06-23-2009
Yeah, in this case you have two points to attack. You attack the seller and also Fedex for not making sure they had correct documentation... no need to do tihs for $5... and dont feel scared to threaten legal action for fraudulant practices (it turns out Fedex/UPS cut corners to safe money all the time).
[Reply]
ChasDen 09:52 PM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Sounds to me like the problem may have been the seller and not Fedex.
That's what I was thinking too!

I had a similar situation (as shipper) with UPS. Only issue was damaged package. They said it was refused by the receiver, then when told he never saw it, they said the driver decided to send it back because he could hear broken glass. Then they charged my credit card return freight from the opposite coast back to me. So at that point I am out shipping both ways, had a damaged shipment and the package was left on my door step with out explanation. When I called to inquire what recourse I had to file a claim on the package, the snotty lady on the other end of the phone told me I would have to have the package picked up to begin an investigation. I told her I opened the package to inspect the damage and she told be it would not be worth my while since the claim would probably be denied since I "tampered with the box before they could inspect it" I said thank you for your time I must go call FedEx now.

I would complain to the shipper and demand they make up the difference for their failure to declare to proper value !!!!

Unless they made arrangements with you prior to list the value at a reduced rate, I blame them as much as the shipping co.

Chas
[Reply]
Junior 10:25 PM 06-23-2009
I am working on this from both sides. I just want as much of my money back as I can. I won't stop until someone makes me.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 10:36 PM 06-23-2009
I hate to hear this. I had a few problems in the past with FedEx and I just don't use them anymore. I hate to mark a company off totally, but sometimes the risk isn't worth it. Hope everything works out. Why would a seller insure for only $5.00? What's the point?
[Reply]
macpappy 05:12 AM 06-24-2009
You don't have to give names, but was the seller a company or someone off Ebay?

I haven't had a problem like you described from a reputable company but sometime you don't always get what you order off an Ebay deal.
[Reply]
Junior 10:15 AM 06-24-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
You don't have to give names, but was the seller a company or someone off Ebay?

I haven't had a problem like you described from a reputable company but sometime you don't always get what you order off an Ebay deal.
It was an ebay deal. I have never had a problem like this. I have ordered half a dozen so far.
[Reply]
floydpink 10:36 AM 06-24-2009
If you used PPal on Ebay, you may be covered.
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:19 AM 06-24-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
If you used PPal on Ebay, you may be covered.
:-) I would file a claim with Ebay. I have done this before as item was never sent or what I got wasn't as described. So far 100% success rate thus far on getting my money back.
[Reply]
Junior 03:53 PM 07-07-2009
All is well that ends well. I got my money back over the weekend.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 03:56 PM 07-07-2009
Originally Posted by Junior:
All is well that ends well. I got my money back over the weekend.
SWEET!!! :-)

From whom did you get said refund?
[Reply]
bigloo 03:56 PM 07-07-2009
but was it worth it? :-)

Congrats man, I am trully happy for you having dealt with this stuff before, always good when the good guy wins.

Lu
[Reply]
Junior 04:03 PM 07-07-2009
After FedEx denied it again. I filed a dispute with PP, and they sorted it out.

bigloo It was worth it. I also learned a lesson from it.

For those of you that don't know, and I didn't. It is the sellers responsibility for loss or damage. I had no idea that it was that way.
[Reply]
Silound 04:24 PM 07-07-2009
Ebay has cracked down hard in the last two years on the standards and added a lot of buyer protection methods that have on occasion pissed me off. It's annoying, but they really do have the small guy at the end of the rope in mind with most of those regulations.

Glad to see you got your money back!
[Reply]
pnutbutrsangwich 07:00 AM 07-08-2009
Ebay has been progressively bending over sellers for quite a while now. In this instance, it was absolutely justified, but I'd now be thinking twice about selling things there. Very little recourse for a seller who's taken advantage of by a fraudulent buyer....
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:58 AM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by pnutbutrsangwich:
In this instance, it was absolutely justified, but I'd now be thinking twice about selling things there. Very little recourse for a seller who's taken advantage of by a fraudulent buyer....
I agree. I've bought and sold a number of high end pipes on eBay. I would be reluctant to sell something of high value now on ebay due to the limited resources sellers have to resolve disputes with buyers.
[Reply]
heavyd 09:18 AM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by Junior:
I just want as much of my money back as I can. I won't stop until someone makes me.
When I read this post, I knew you would get justice. I admire your tenacity bro :-).
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up