Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>My first humi & batch of cigars (Pics)
TriStar 08:29 PM 06-01-2009
Nice humi! Like yourself, I got mine as well from cheaphumidors. I also ordered a 400ct footlocker for my dad for Father's Day. They're really quick with shipping and they package nicely.

Don't worry about the empty space, you'll need a new one in no time lol :-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 08:30 PM 06-01-2009
Great Start. No turning back now!!!
[Reply]
taltos 08:30 PM 06-01-2009
Harold, do you know anybody who would certify that the Massholes are sane? You mittenheads are not much better.:-):-)
[Reply]
Trace63 08:30 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:

where did I leave my medicine.........:-)
Im pretty sure I saw tobii walking away with it...
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:31 PM 06-01-2009
Looks like a very nice start you have there :-)
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 08:34 PM 06-01-2009
Sweet :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 08:51 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Harold, do you know anybody who would certify that the Massholes are sane? You mittenheads are not much better.:-):-)
I'm a fake masshole and a fake mittenhead as well. :-) :-)
[Reply]
big a 08:54 PM 06-01-2009
Great humidor, that was the 2nd humdior I had.... than after 2 months it was too small :-) Watch out for the slope.

If you put them in photobucket you can change the size on there than it even gives you the link with the IMG stuff to post a pic. Very easy to use
[Reply]
bigloo 09:13 PM 06-01-2009
Good start my friend.

I love the look of a new humi. Everything neat and tidy, everything lines up, space to spare, tetris is still a game you play on the computer....
[Reply]
bvilchez 10:28 PM 06-01-2009
Welcome to the looney bin my friend......but tread lightly.....if not you'll be sliding down the slope

but then again it might be too late.......you're already here
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 10:37 PM 06-01-2009
I wish that was how I started out! Nice starter kit lol. Go bigger is all I have to say, once you start there is not turning back my friend!
[Reply]
Jimbo14 12:08 AM 06-02-2009
Beautiful, thankyou for sharing!
[Reply]
colimo 12:13 AM 06-02-2009
nice starter humi....but these folks are misleading you....there is no slope....it's a cliff and you just jumped off.....there is no going back! :-)
pretty soon you will be getting coolers cause they are cheaper...then another bigger humi....etc, etc...

Enjoy!!
[Reply]
MooseHead 12:20 AM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Chris, things look good, the only suggestions that I would make to you is to supplement the analog hygrometer with a digital hygrometer and a calibration pack. I would also suggest going with 65 per cent beads from heartfelt. Now here are the reasons; the analog hygrometer might be accurate now but it will most likely not be the next time that you adjust it. The digitals are very good once they have been through a calibration pack so that you know the differential for that particular hygrometer. The beads just make it so easy to regulate your humidor between 60 and 65 per cent and you get a temperature reading at the same time. Good luck and welcome. Any questions, please feel free to pm me. Paul:-)
Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated! I checked out Heartfelt beads and I will deffinitely get myself some 65% Humi beads in the near future. Is a calibration kit required or can I use the salt test? Also, with the beads in my humidor, would I still have to keep my humidifier in there as well?

Originally Posted by bigloo:
tetris is still a game you play on the computer....
Originally Posted by colimo:
there is no slope....it's a cliff and you just jumped off.....there is no going back! :-)
Lol gave me some good laughs there:-).

Thanks everyone for the kind words once again:-).

Ps. What is a Masshole?:-)

MH
[Reply]
skullnrose 12:24 AM 06-02-2009
I know the bottom is a little empty at the moment.. I'm trying to avoid going down the slippery slope as long as I can:-).

Very nice and best of luck going slowly down the slope.
[Reply]
jam 04:10 AM 06-02-2009
you always remember your first , have fun filing it up
[Reply]
taltos 07:43 AM 06-02-2009
Chris, many times the vendor will throw in the calibration kit with the purchase of a digital hygrometer. I like them because at under $5 they are convenient and more precise. You can get different readings from a salt test depending upon how you mix the salt and water.:-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 03:46 PM 06-02-2009
Nice humi!
[Reply]
landhoney 04:05 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by MooseHead:
The other Cohibas are Robustos I acquired when I went down south.
In cello? :-)
[Reply]
dentonparrots 04:13 PM 06-02-2009
Congrats on the whole lot...nice!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up