Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Which truck do I want?
Dodge Ram 14 16.67%
Toyota Tundra 22 26.19%
Ford F150 25 29.76%
Chevy Silverado 16 19.05%
GMC Sierra 7 8.33%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Which new truck??
WildBlueSooner 07:27 PM 05-31-2009
I love the Tundras..my friend has one and loves it. That said I also love F-150s
[Reply]
CasaDooley 07:30 PM 05-31-2009
I drive an 06 F150 and love it. My last one was a 1987 F250 with just over 200,000 miles on it and it still did not burn a drop of oil. Buy American, buy Ford:-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:41 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I liked the Dodge B/C of the cab had lots of room, and it has lots of pulling power.
This one was or is a lemon, and I got no satisfaction from the dealer.
I have to hold them longer then the 36, when I am working I can do that in less then two years, my commute can be over 150 a day.
Same here brother... you ain't half bad for a Red Sox fan:-) (Cardinals here... you made our last season at the old Busch Stadium hell, remember? :-))
I commuted 80 miles a day in an 04 Hemi Quad Cab 2500 4x4 back in the height of the gas price BS!

Sounds like ya got a bad one.... I only ever had one problem... in warranty (thank goodness).
Don't give up on em yet.... unless you want to sacrifice that nice, large interior just to spite them! :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 07:57 PM 05-31-2009
I sure do, it was pay back for 67 what a great season that was. We had Jim Lonborg you guys had Bob Gibson.
Two tuff SOB that would knock you down in a heart beat.
They would eat up and spit out today's players.
Sorry for the tread drift :-)
[Reply]
AAlmeter 08:14 PM 05-31-2009
In my opinion, if you're big into the pro-America thing, its worth your while to see just which trucks are UAW made, and to avoid or buy in accordance with your beliefs. Remember, many 'US' trucks are made largely outside the US and then assembled by an organization which may or may not have very negative effects on US manufacturing and the economy as a whole, depending of course on your personal assessment of the situation.

Between the competition's performance and reliability and this fact, I certainly had very little difficulty in making the decision that I made when truck shopping.
[Reply]
tobii3 08:28 PM 05-31-2009
hmmm....

One question here...

For those of you recommmending certain makes, how many miles have you logged??

(and Bruins Fan, you have some crappy luck!!:-))

Reason I'm asking?

98 has 163K miles on it. Been coast to coast (NC/CA/NC numerous times) and no problems. 11 years now....All I've replaced is a catalytic converter and a water pump.

04 Ram is turning 90K...Been through 36 states now, towing everything from an empty flatbed to a 34 ft RV trailer. When I was in Iraq my buddy ran supplies down to Mississippi after Katrina - he blew an injector (under warranty). Nothing else has been replaced.

:-)
[Reply]
AAlmeter 08:32 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
hmmm....

One question here...

For those of you recommmending certain makes, how many miles have you logged??

(and Bruins Fan, you have some crappy luck!!:-))

Reason I'm asking?

98 has 163K miles on it. Been coast to coast (NC/CA/NC numerous times) and no problems. 11 years now....All I've replaced is a catalytic converter and a water pump.

04 Ram is turning 90K...Been through 36 states now. When I was in Iraq my buddy ran supplies down to Mississippi after Katrina - he blew an injector (under warranty). Nothing else has been replaced.

I go by close experience (meaning myself, my father, and one brother) as I service all of their vehicles and know their driving habits, and it would be impossible for anyone do drive multiple recent model year vehicles to the limits of their estimated longevity...

Chevy....350k
Nissan....500k
Ford.....100k
[Reply]
BigAl_SC 08:38 PM 05-31-2009
1.9% or $3000 off on the Tundra right now. I have an eight year old one that has 165k work miles on it. Engine is fantastic, just wish it had a heavier frame. The new ones do. I got mine 4 years too early but I would not trade it for any other except maybe a new Tundra.....
[Reply]
tobii3 08:43 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by AAlmeter:
...the limits of their estimated longevity...
The key to longevity is MAINTENANCE. And what I've seen (and you've seen) under the hood defies ALL aspects of common sense.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:03 PM 05-31-2009
Coming from a Ford family, I have to vote the F-150. I'm definitely biased but I would not choose anything else. It's American, great reputation and I think it's the best looking out of all of the trucks.
[Reply]
tobii3 09:16 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
It's American, great reputation and I think it's the best looking....
Ford has plants in Canada and Mexico as well, Greek...

Ford is Mexican Made?l

Ford is made in Canada too??

Yeah, that whole NAFTA thing worked real well, didn't it??
[Reply]
RGD. 10:46 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Ford has plants in Canada and Mexico as well, Greek...

Ford is Mexican Made?l

Ford is made in Canada too??

Yeah, that whole NAFTA thing worked real well, didn't it??
All manufactures have plants in different countries. Keep in mind that Ford vehicles are not just sold in America - they are sold world wide and so are GM's and Dodge.

I'm a Ford man here, although I have owned trucks/cars from all the major American makes. My wife's Crown Vic was made in Canada. My F150 (previous) was made in Norfolk Va. My current and past F350's were made in Louisville KY and the motors were made in Indianapolis IN. I have toured both plants.

In answer to the OP's question/poll - from the list I would buy from a company that isn't facing bankruptcy myself. So either the Ford or Toyota. Really can't go wrong with either one. Ford is the best selling pick up truck for a reason.

Ron
[Reply]
Bruzee 11:16 PM 05-31-2009
Ford! :-)
[Reply]
Swampper 11:24 PM 05-31-2009
I have had a bunch of Ford trucks. I drive a Nissan now.
I vote Nissan Titan. :-)
[Reply]
acarr 12:07 AM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by Swampper:
I have had a bunch of Ford trucks. I drive a Nissan now.
I vote Nissan Titan. :-)
I would vote for the Titan also if it was on the list. My last Nissan had 250k on it with hardly any maintenance done. That includes oil changes and it still ran when I turned it in. I figured that the amount I saved with maintenance bought me my new Titan. Although, I do have regular maintenance done on the new one:-)
[Reply]
Ragin Cajun 01:22 AM 06-01-2009
Chevy Silverado 2500 crewcab duramax diesel is the way to go. I drive one for work (only its all decked out to make it as tactical as possible) and the one that I drive for personal use has never given me any problems whatsoever.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 05:54 AM 06-01-2009
Another Ford vote here!
[Reply]
tobii3 06:40 AM 06-01-2009
Well hell, Ferg, if I can make it up this weekend, I'll bring the Beast so you can REALLY test drive a Diesel 4x4.

Sound like a fair evaluation??

[Reply]
AriesOpusX 02:45 PM 06-01-2009
Go for the Dodge Ram I second the diesel though. :-) Love mine.
[Reply]
Junior 02:59 PM 06-01-2009
Going off of the trucks/SUVs that I have owned. I would only buy a GM product, so Chevrolet or GMC. I have driven Fords and Dodges. The Fords don't get the MPG that GM does. I had multiple issues with the Dodge that I had.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up