Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Chewing Cigars
Starscream 10:43 AM 04-30-2009
I'm not a chewer of cigars, but don't have a problem with it.
[Reply]
shortstory5 11:16 AM 04-30-2009
I don't chew on my cigars, but I will give them a little bite if I feel like the draw is being obstructed towards the head to try to loosen up the tobacco up there...
[Reply]
rack04 11:18 AM 04-30-2009
I really don't consider myself a chewer but if I'm up and about I do use my teeth to hold the cigar. In these cases the nub appears to have been chewed.
[Reply]
random0813 06:35 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:
Hold a cigar between your index and middle finger

in the uk that is ok to do lol
Alright..a bit off topic..but how the hell do you guys hold your cigars?! Every once in a while I read something that bring me right back to feeling like I have no idea what I am doing with cigars and this is one of those days...I always hold it between my index and middle finger. Add to that the fact that my off the boat Irish Grandmom would rap me with a shoe for doing anything the "British Way."
[Reply]
Cigary 06:40 PM 04-30-2009
Chewing on cigars while smoking them tends to bring more nicotine into your system because it almost becomes chewing tobacco and you ingest more of the nicotine than you would if you were smoking,,,unless you inhale. I have chewed on the end of some cigars because I was doing yard work and didn't have time to puff on it and then take it out of my mouth,,,so I keep it in my mouth and tend to chew it.
[Reply]
groogs 06:45 PM 04-30-2009
If chewing a cigar helps you enjoy it, I say go for it, but I never chew on my cigars.
[Reply]
WyGuy 07:22 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:

Personally I have a hard time smoking and doing anything else at the same time. My mouth gets to wet with the cigar in it all the time and I start drooling like a St. Bernard
I have the same problem. I've tried to smoke while doing yard work but the cigar just gets to damn wet, won't ever try doing it again just not enjoyable.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:50 PM 04-30-2009
I try not to chew or slobber on my cigars....just my preference. Do as you wish, but please make sure it's not during a PPP. :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:39 PM 04-30-2009
It seems to me that if I chew on the cigar excessively (get it too wet) it begins to taste bitter.

Not saying folks should or should not... its just my experience. :-)
[Reply]
Ranger_B 09:12 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Coz77:
:
:-) It's a Cigar.... F'ing sit back, smoke and enjoy. I don't care how you do it
:-):-) Chew dont chew inhale dont inhale
[Reply]
livwire68 09:37 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Cozy:
I was on "another forum" recently and a member stated that "you would enjoy the smoke more if you didn't chew on it and try now to get it to wet."

Ive never experienced this personally. Sometime I chew, sometimes I don't it all depends on what I'm doing. Normally I chew when I'm golfing, fishing, mowing the lawn or doing other activities because the cigar tends to stay in my mouth longer :HM

I just wanted to know what other inmates thought. How could something like this effect taste...I might be able to see how it could effect the burn yet this has never happened I'm my experience.
Really, I only chew a cigar if I have changed a baby's diaper! Helps to eliminate what I think of how someone is thinking of how I should smoke the cigar and in the manner I enjoy. An A$$ maybe but, who cares how I enjoy anything I do in life as long as I "Enjoy" it!
[Reply]
Jimbo14 02:31 AM 05-01-2009
Never have and dont intend to
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:43 AM 05-01-2009
I dont chew either...during golf I do sometimes bite down on it pretty hard to keep it in my mouth. That didnt sound right did it? :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 06:02 AM 05-01-2009
It's ok James everyone knows your a biter. I don't chew on my cigars but I don't do yardwork with them either. If I don't have time to just sit and enjoy the cigar I just won't smoke one. I don't see nothing wrong with people that do bite on theirs I just do it.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 09:19 AM 05-01-2009
If you chew and slobber on your cigar...it will get bitter on you. Wet smoking a cigar makes the last half of the cigar unbearable for me.
[Reply]
Coz77 09:49 AM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by DocLogic77:
If you chew and slobber on your cigar...it will get bitter on you.
Originally Posted by Coz77:
I was on "another forum" recently and a member stated that "you would enjoy the smoke more if you didn't chew on it and try now to get it to wet."
Originally Posted by Footbag:
I caught myself chewing a few times, but I would agree that it probably doesn't help the flavor of the smoke.
All this chewing/unchewed talk about taste being effected has got me baffled. When I have the time I will document a side by side review of the same cigar chewed and unchewed. For those of you grossed out by chewed cigars you might not want to subscribe to this thread, my review will be photo friendly :-).
[Reply]
nozero 09:55 AM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:

Personally I have a hard time smoking and doing anything else at the same time. My mouth gets to wet with the cigar in it all the time and I start drooling like a St. Bernard
I have the :-) problem as well, so most often I don't keep the cigar in my mouth long enough to chew. For that matter, I don't really have any desire to chew a cigar... If I want to chew, I'll pick up some Day's Work or Levi.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up