Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Flip-Flop Restaurants!
Dukeuni 09:43 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by jledou:
Although not a popular response, they at least made their own decision to not allow cigar smoking and were not forced to by the government. It was a free decision and now they will have to face the consequences. Just like we are still free to make the decision to eat their or not depending on how we feel about it.
I agree with this statement, but I also think it is a decision that should be phased into businesses. Start posting signs a month before saying that the restaurants policy in regards to smoking will be changing on a certain date, etc. Heck, if I had planned on watching a basketball game with some fine cigars and great wings, and then to have that shot down at the last second, I would be frustrated.

But you are right, at least it was the business that was making this decision and not the government. Let the market decide which businesses want to allow smokers.
[Reply]
shortstory5 10:02 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinCozy:
I live in CA so I would get that response no matter where I went. :-)
Tis the trend that's killing us all...
[Reply]
jledou 10:09 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Dukeuni:
I agree with this statement, but I also think it is a decision that should be phased into businesses. Start posting signs a month before saying that the restaurants policy in regards to smoking will be changing on a certain date, etc. Heck, if I had planned on watching a basketball game with some fine cigars and great wings, and then to have that shot down at the last second, I would be frustrated.

But you are right, at least it was the business that was making this decision and not the government. Let the market decide which businesses want to allow smokers.
100% agree that it would have been nice to know that it was coming!
[Reply]
mikeyj23 10:22 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Can't wait to be in Denton soon. :-) I wouldn't be caught dead in Hooters; but there are plenty of other places to smoke.... :-)
you'd be surprised. it's kind of dismal.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
JimmyPeaches 12:33 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Dukeuni:

Originally Posted by jledou:
100% agree that it would have been nice to know that it was coming!
There was no business decision behind it, just some whiny waitress that couldn't even come up with a feasible excuse who had a manager that doesn't know what the business decision is.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 12:42 PM 04-30-2009
Can't wait to be in Denton soon. :-) I wouldn't be caught dead in Hooters; but there are plenty of other places to smoke.... :-)
For the last time Dokk, the patrons (you) are not allowed to wear orange shorts and a tank top into hooters. Just get over it.
[Reply]
loki 12:50 PM 04-30-2009
there is only one place i go to that doesn't allow pipes/cigars. if i know they don't allow pipe or cigar smoking but they allow cigs I tell them to get bent and never go back. One of my local b&m's doesn't allow cigs. such a nice place
[Reply]
The Professor 12:51 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by mikeyj23:
you'd be surprised. it's kind of dismal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Coming from IL where you can't smoke inside or 15ft from doors, Denton will be a step up. :-)
[Reply]
kaelaria 02:01 PM 04-30-2009
We can't smoke anywhere indoors here, but the local Hooters have no problems with them on the deck areas.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:34 PM 04-30-2009
I wouldn't be caught dead in Hooters
Por que?
[Reply]
icehog3 02:35 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by OLS:
Sweetest girl I ever knew was from Denton..Helen Culp. But when I lost
last weekend town priveleges in boot camp, I failed to meet her as planned
and she never spoke to me again. And I could not call her to tell her I was
being disciplined. ROMANTIC TRAGEDY.
Sounds like an "Andy Griffith Show" episode, Brad. :-)
[Reply]
The Professor 02:42 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Por que?
Honestly? I would be absolutely MORTIFIED if I ran into a student. At the end of the day, Denton's a small town....

I'll go to Hooters in Chicago, though, Admiral :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:50 PM 04-30-2009
Honestly? I would be absolutely MORTIFIED if I ran into a student. At the end of the day, Denton's a small town....

I'll go to Hooters in Chicago, though, Admiral :-)
Hooters is completely tame....I go there with buddies who bring their wife and kids.

And maybe those students would be the mortified ones! :-)
[Reply]
The Professor 02:51 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hooters is completely tame....I go there with buddies who bring their wife and kids.

And maybe those students would be the mortified ones! :-)
I'd still be mortified. :-)
[Reply]
mikeyj23 02:54 PM 04-30-2009
I WENT to hooters on several occasions with professors. . .
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icehog3 02:56 PM 04-30-2009
I guess it doesn't have the same stigma here, I see families and couples in there all the time.
[Reply]
The Professor 02:59 PM 04-30-2009
Maybe it's just because I've never been there. :-)

Tom ... will you pop my Hooter hymen? :-)
[Reply]
kaelaria 03:01 PM 04-30-2009
Uh, hooters is not ANY big deal as far as that goes - I guess a small town might object to it or something. If you want HOT girls you go to Tilted Kilt!
[Reply]
icehog3 03:04 PM 04-30-2009
Maybe it's just because I've never been there. :-)

Tom ... will you pop my Hooter hymen? :-)
We can definitely hit the Hooters next time you are up here....we can even see if there is one just over the WI border so we can smoke inside, and get Jim, Sam, Rob, Perry, Tony, Scott, Sean, Dave and whoever else to meet us.
[Reply]
JimmyPeaches 03:07 PM 04-30-2009
yup...
Attached: user8616_pic276_1214037416.jpg (17.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up