Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Bucanero Cigars
Catfish 11:48 AM 04-17-2009
Bucanero makes the house blend for my favorite local B&M. 4 different sizes with Conn., rosado, maduro and double maduro wrappers.

All nice smokes.
[Reply]
Java 01:37 PM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
I just spoke to Bob, the company is solid and certainly not for sale.
Good to know. Personally I am a fan of the brand.
[Reply]
loki 01:39 PM 04-17-2009
I just spoke to Bob, the company is solid and certainly not for sale.The rumor started from health problems several years ago,which have been overcome. Bob is happy to say that he is going to continue to make the same high quality cigars he has always made,and welcomes you to visit his web site, Bucanero cigars.
wonderful news, I love their cigars and I'm glad that they will continue to make cigars
[Reply]
ca21455 02:33 PM 04-17-2009
I like the Full Sail, Salsa and have a box of Classico Churchill Maduro I enjoy.

They are a good cigar if you buy them in the 3-5$ range. You can usually get that price when they are on sail.
[Reply]
KASR 02:41 PM 04-17-2009
Did a review on Clubstogie....when it was still clubstogie! :-) I reviewed the Canon - but I like the Full sail and the salsa - both tastey cigars!!!
here's the link to the review:
http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/non-ha...ek-review.html
[Reply]
kaelaria 03:00 PM 04-17-2009
I did a photoshoot for him (that's my pic on his front page along with most of the others) and he gave me some to try. I absolutely loved the Full Sail Maduro, it was like a stick of frozen creme and butter. I agree with the previous poster though - the only thing that prevents me from buying boxes is the price. Excellent sticks, but there are as-good smokes for 1/2 the price IMO. Certainly nothing to complain about flavor or burn wise though!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:27 PM 04-17-2009
I just spoke to Bob, the company is solid and certainly not for sale.The rumor started from health problems several years ago,which have been overcome. Bob is happy to say that he is going to continue to make the same high quality cigars he has always made,and welcomes you to visit his web site, Bucanero cigars.
Say Hi to Robert next time you talk to him, I emailed with him some time ago and he send me some cigars to review on my blog. Very nice gentleman.
[Reply]
Garbandz 06:57 PM 04-17-2009
.....he says the same about you...I mentioned you as the person who brought Bucanero to my attention,mentioned the review program,I told him you were going to be stateside soon.....he said to keep you away from matches...:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:27 AM 04-18-2009
I'll get myself a ronson, no need for matches :-)
[Reply]
Garbandz 08:18 PM 04-18-2009
:-)Matches? Matches? We Don't Need No Stinking Matches!! .....:-)
[Reply]
TOB9595 08:33 PM 04-18-2009
I'm saddened that the CI Bucanero Reds are not indicative of BUCANERO line.

SIGH

I had the idea of resting the CI Reds for a few months...

I'll be lighting one up tomorrow, I think

Tom
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:12 AM 04-19-2009
This is the review I did for the Canon Cubano http://cigarblog.blog.com/2108407/
[Reply]
marge796 02:56 AM 04-19-2009
I don't like the Bucanero line.
[Reply]
eboniknight 01:50 PM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by Lensjockie:
The local shop here is friends with the owners, and even has a couple of house blends for their shop.
Pops Tobacco in Newport News VA
Anybody needs some let me know.
Personally, they taste grassy to me but I do like the maduro Canon.

Lensjockie
The one I got was from Pop's. Brian (the new owner) was considerate enough to hand one out to me. Bucanero Full Sail.

Anyway, gave it shot yesterday while chilling out on the back deck. I have to admit I was anticipating the worst but I was preseantly surprised. This was not a bad smoke at all. The flavor was different so I am still tyring to figure that one out. The draw was excellent and the cigar was well constructed. Was actually better than some of my higher priced performers. Best of all for me......no nagging, aftertaste. Unless this was a fluke, I'll definitely catch some more for the humi. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up