[Reply]
s15driftking 01:12 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by bax:
ok, that made me laugh:-)
eye'm knot laffing!!!

:d
[Reply]
ade06 01:54 PM 04-15-2009
I'm not a Gurkha whore, but I do like the Centurians. I also like some of the Rocky Patel's smokes.
[Reply]
dunng 01:54 PM 04-15-2009
What? :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 01:58 PM 04-15-2009
What's worse than Gurkha? Rocky Patel! :-):-):-) 'nuff said!
[Reply]
ade06 02:06 PM 04-15-2009
I think it's just way too easy to get on the "I hate all Gurkha and Rocky Patel" bandwagon. It's like if a few people say they don't like a particular cigar, then everyone wants to say they don't like the brand. If you haven't smoked the cigar, how can you completly write it off. If you have smoked the cigar and didn't like it, then by all means trash it.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:13 PM 04-15-2009
I like RP cigars. :-)
We're not gonna start this up again are we?
[Reply]
GKitty 02:29 PM 04-15-2009
I've never had a Gurkha, but I do own one.

Tonight may be the night I smoke it and decide which side of this debate to join.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 02:30 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
I think it's just way too easy to get on the "I hate all Gurkha and Rocky Patel" bandwagon. It's like if a few people say they don't like a particular cigar, then everyone wants to say they don't like the brand. If you haven't smoked the cigar, how can you completly write it off. If you have smoked the cigar and didn't like it, then by all means trash it.
i just do what admiral douchebag tells me to...
[Reply]
Starscream 02:33 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
i just do what admiral douchebag tells me to...
:-)
[Reply]
Silound 03:08 PM 04-15-2009
Good, if they're that good, put all those nasty Davidoff chit-sticks on sale to liquidate them.

Oh, and uh....only email me that special, no one else would want to know.
[Reply]
ade06 03:13 PM 04-15-2009
If it helps, I'm not a fan of Davidoff cigars due to their price. They are good cigars, but just not good enough for the money (I also don't light my cigars with $100 bills). I pick Avos over the Davidoffs all day long.
[Reply]
Dukeuni 03:21 PM 04-15-2009
I have had a few Gurkhas, and heck, the construction seemed very good. I really cant remember much about them. Also though, the ones that I did try were the same size/blend. With so many Gurkha's out there, I really cannot say I hate the brand since I have only tried on of their sticks.

I have a Gurkha Royal Salute that I have had for about 2 years now. I think after this thread it is a good time to try it out and see what I think about this $30 MSRP cigar.
[Reply]
JJG 03:21 PM 04-15-2009
I seem to remember Gurkhas being really expensive a few years ago. In fact I think it was kind of a joke because they would always go for much less than MSRP on cigarbid.

anyhow, I got one in a trade a while back. It was very pretty, well constructed. I don't think I was blown away by the flavor but it was far from a cremosa. I always remember the bad ones. :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 03:23 PM 04-15-2009
While there are some Gurkhas that are actually pretty decent sticks (I do have about 40 of them in the humi), there isn't a single Rocky cigar I would ever smoke again!!!!

The last one literally made me sick to my stomach... wanting to vomit isn't a fun feeling and I do my best to avoid it. I tried several of his blends and everyone of them gave me the same gag reflex... so after a few tries I said enough! Regardless of any of his cigars being good or not, a few bad apples is enough to keep me away forever. :-)

I compare it to bad food at a restaurant... how many times do you need to get sick before you just won't go back? I just ate at a chili's for the first time in 3 years... and I regretted it. The food wasn't that good, was way overpriced, and made me sick... so I won't ever go back. Some of them might be ok, but the whole chain is dead to me.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 03:24 PM 04-15-2009
I used to love the Gurkha Double Maduro and RP Connecticut when I started in this hobby. In fact, I loved everything CI would sell me cheap.

Then I found Pepin, and Padron...... The rest, as they say is history.

Still resisting the ISOM's, can't afford to go in heat right now.
[Reply]
ade06 03:27 PM 04-15-2009
I agree that their MSRP's are way out of wack and if I bought them at a MSRP, I would likely be dissapointed, but considering that most of them are actually sold for under $8, I believe that there are some winners in the bunch.
[Reply]
ade06 03:29 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
While there are some Gurkhas that are actually pretty decent sticks (I do have about 40 of them in the humi), there isn't a single Rocky cigar I would ever smoke again!!!!

The last one literally made me sick to my stomach... wanting to vomit isn't a fun feeling and I do my best to avoid it. I tried several of his blends and everyone of them gave me the same gag reflex... so after a few tries I said enough! Regardless of any of his cigars being good or not, a few bad apples is enough to keep me away forever. :-)

I compare it to bad food at a restaurant... how many times do you need to get sick before you just won't go back? I just ate at a chili's for the first time in 3 years... and I regretted it. The food wasn't that good, was way overpriced, and made me sick... so I won't ever go back. Some of them might be ok, but the whole chain is dead to me.

Fair enough! My comments were geared more to the people who have written them off without even smoking one or a few.
[Reply]
zmancbr 03:30 PM 04-15-2009
Fair enough! My comments were geared more to the people who have written them off without even smoking one or a few.
I know... no worries... I'm a very sarcastic person... just wanted to explain where I was coming from... :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up