Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>My son is fascinated by cigars!
leasingthisspace 07:38 AM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by sgt206:
this is a prime example of the fact that our kids look up to us, try to emulate us and want to do the things that we do. Its in these early stages of life that the most impressions are made on our youth, either positive or negative. This is the reason that most adult problems are traced back to some childhood learned behavior. They want to walk like we walk, talk like we talk, wear what we wear, go where we go, do what we do. If you dont like how your kids are acting or what their doing you usually have just have to look in the mirror to see where it came from. Now having said this, i have a 6 year old son and he sees me smoke cigars, and he is curious, i try to avoid making a deal out of it when he is around. Im hoping that this is one of my habits that he does not try to emulate until he is old enough for me to properly introduce him to the fine leaf. So just be aware of what you do in front of your kids, because your most likely going to see it again.

:-)
[Reply]
Bax 08:51 AM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
This thread makes me want to start having kids! Damn it!
Come take mine for a few days and that should take care of that feeling for a while. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:01 AM 04-07-2009
Just as long as he doesn't want to eat the cigar!......
[Reply]
Ingyp 09:10 AM 04-07-2009
Wow, I'm impressed! Alot of good responses here. I'm glad that it's not abnormal for my son to be so intrigued by them. He is full of questions every time I light one up or even get some and throw them in my travel humi. I'm sure when he is 18 that he'll be way ahead of the game if he decides he wants to partake. He is like a sponge and soaks up everything I tell him and can remember the most mundane facts that I let slip by. There is still hope for him, unlike his old man!

I wish I had gotten the advice and put a box away of something good when he was born, but i'm 9, almost 10 years too late for that now!
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:16 AM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by Ingyp:
Wow, I'm impressed! Alot of good responses here. I'm glad that it's not abnormal for my son to be so intrigued by them. He is full of questions every time I light one up or even get some and throw them in my travel humi. I'm sure when he is 18 that he'll be way ahead of the game if he decides he wants to partake. He is like a sponge and soaks up everything I tell him and can remember the most mundane facts that I let slip by. There is still hope for him, unlike his old man!

I wish I had gotten the advice and put a box away of something good when he was born, but i'm 9, almost 10 years too late for that now!
Funny thing, if you were to really look 99-01 boxes may still be around
[Reply]
OLS 09:21 AM 04-07-2009
I really should post this Mardi Gras pic I have of the 2007 Mardi Gras downtown NO for Bacchus parade. We had been there alot of the day, and this guy from out in California was near us, and we talked and smoked much of the day. I had been entertaining his daughter, 4-5 or so, for much of the day, cause I didn't have to catch up with friends or sightsee or marvel in the fun of it all, I was just sitting and smoking and drinking. Plus of course, all kids love me. So she is sitting there watching me light and smoke a BBF.
When it is going, she says, "I want a taste." I figure her dad probably let her
at home from time to time anyway, so she took a couple draws and smiled and said, "It's good." She was right. But it's a cute picture and her parents were who KNOWS where.
[Reply]
Thrak 11:49 AM 04-07-2009
my boy is about to turn 4 (next month). About 3 months ago he saw me rotating my stock and saw me smelling them... he asked to smell one and I said OK (picked a Padilla Miami)...

he got a funny look on his face and I asked "what does it smell like?" and he said...

"Chicken poop"

LOL!!!

Never asked me about them again hahah!
[Reply]
Jimbo14 08:13 PM 04-07-2009
I say let your son have an occasional puff. It wont hurt him. When I was 7 or 8 I used to have a sip of my Dads red wine on the odd occasion and I turned out just fine. I drink about four glasses of red a week - hardly an alcoholic...
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:14 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:
my boy is about to turn 4 (next month). About 3 months ago he saw me rotating my stock and saw me smelling them... he asked to smell one and I said OK (picked a Padilla Miami)...

he got a funny look on his face and I asked "what does it smell like?" and he said...

"Chicken poop"

LOL!!!

Never asked me about them again hahah!
Hilarious...me and my wife were cracking up about this! :-)
[Reply]
Ingyp 08:15 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Funny thing, if you were to really look 99-01 boxes may still be around
How would I go about checking suppliers on that? I will talk to my local B&M and see if they have anything. Should have thought of it tonight!
[Reply]
sgt206 08:31 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by Jimbo14:
I say let your son have an occasional puff. It wont hurt him. When I was 7 or 8 I used to have a sip of my Dads red wine on the odd occasion and I turned out just fine. I drink about four glasses of red a week - hardly an alcoholic...

Well the difference is that these days you will go to jail for doing that. Its called child neglect,child endangerment and child abuse, along with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I used to sip my dads beer when I was young, fond memories, just dont let somebody see you these days and put it on youtube. The Sheriff will be at your door quickly.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:32 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by sgt206:
Well the difference is that these days you will go to jail for doing that. Its called child neglect,child endangerment and child abuse, along with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I used to sip my dads beer when I was young, fond memories, just dont let somebody see you these days and put it on youtube. The Sheriff will be at your door quickly.
Deny Deny Deny, counter accuse, Deny! :-)
[Reply]
sgt206 08:33 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by Ingyp:
How would I go about checking suppliers on that? I will talk to my local B&M and see if they have anything. Should have thought of it tonight!

theres plenty of 00-01 boxes around, ive got about 10, just post WTB in those years on trading forum, someone will oblige you
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up