Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>Beautiful Riding
Boss Hogg 05:06 PM 04-01-2009
[quote=Cigary;315188]
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg:
Hey what part of San Diego? I am a native of North County.

Fashion Valley area,,,,163/8. Live there part time and in Atlanta the other part.
Okay, I was from the Cbad/Oside area. When I used to work for a steel company down there I was always in your backyard doing deliveries.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:16 PM 04-01-2009
I ride to and from work everyday and the weather has been great here in AZ although lately I've been working the graveyard shift so its a bit chilly when I get off work in the mornings.
[Reply]
Boss Hogg 03:53 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
I ride to and from work everyday and the weather has been great here in AZ although lately I've been working the graveyard shift so its a bit chilly when I get off work in the mornings.
I haven't quite done this yet for the same reason :-)
[Reply]
G G 03:57 PM 04-02-2009
I am more of a fair weather rider too. If it's above 55 or so I am good. Prefer it to be above 65 though.
[Reply]
Bruzee 10:41 PM 04-12-2009
Took a beautiful ride today into the SIerra Nevada's. 70 degrees on the nose, and couldn't have been nicer riding weather. Felt good to open 'er up too. :-)
[Reply]
Boss Hogg 11:51 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
Took a beautiful ride today into the SIerra Nevada's. 70 degrees on the nose, and couldn't have been nicer riding weather. Felt good to open 'er up too. :-)

That's outstanding :-) I'm glad you enjoyed it. I didn't get to take mine out last weekend, but I did pick up my wife's from the dealership. I got her a 09 Sportster Nightster. I even gave it a custom paint job with Pink on black in "Harley Davidson" on it. She was thrilled. Pretty good ride, however I am too tall for it lol.
[Reply]
Volt 01:54 PM 04-13-2009
780 miles yasterday... Fought the wind all day, 3 hours in the low 40's.... 14.5 hours. I'm done for at least 2 days.
[Reply]
Boss Hogg 03:52 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
780 miles yasterday... Fought the wind all day, 3 hours in the low 40's.... 14.5 hours. I'm done for at least 2 days.
Holy smokes! What a day that must have been. Do you like the cold weather when you ride?
[Reply]
Boss Hogg 09:20 PM 04-14-2009
Had a good ride today. Also got to try to teach my wife on hers for the first time... I was worried about her dropping it. She almost did, but by the end of the lesson she was riding the clutch up and down the street. I think she really enjoyed it :-)
[Reply]
Bruzee 09:22 PM 04-14-2009
Had a good ride today. Also got to try to teach my wife on hers for the first time... I was worried about her dropping it. She almost did, but by the end of the lesson she was riding the clutch up and down the street. I think she really enjoyed it :-)
Very nice. Before long she'll be a pro. :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:55 PM 04-14-2009
Its finally starting to warm up here which is making my rides a little nicer but it rained like a MoFo on Saturday and by the time I got home I was absolutely drenched!
[Reply]
G G 09:57 PM 04-14-2009
That's cool. Tried to teach my wife a few years ago and she was scared of the bike. Gave up and didn't try to force it.
[Reply]
Volt 04:41 AM 04-15-2009
Holy smokes! What a day that must have been. Do you like the cold weather when you ride?
I can't say I like the cold, but for me it's no reason not to ride. I do prefer it either cold low 40's to 30* or 70 and better. I find it hard to dress for the mid range. From 45* to 69* I am either too hot or too cold, not really comfortable. My really cold weather is pretty good or in the hotter weather I can get down to a t-shirt.
[Reply]
Volt 04:43 AM 04-15-2009
Why worry, if you ride you will drop it. Let her know dropping while not preffered is gonna happen. It will help make for less stress. :-), ymmv.
[Reply]
Boss Hogg 04:10 PM 05-05-2009
Had an awesome ride today. Me and five guys from work went down to Encinitas and had lunch (About a 170 mile trip). We cruised the beach :-) What a day :-)
[Reply]
Volt 04:16 PM 05-05-2009
The wife and I got soaked in the rain yesterday when we headed out to dinner. Knew it was a possibility but if you don't ride in the rain, how does the bike get washed :-)
[Reply]
Bruzee 05:02 PM 05-05-2009
Had an awesome ride today. Me and five guys from work went down to Encinitas and had lunch (About a 170 mile trip). We cruised the beach :-) What a day :-)
Very nice Curt. :-)
[Reply]
GhostRyder 06:00 PM 05-05-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Being a San Dieg native I used to ride up that way and around Fallbrook,,,a great ride for sure. The wineries make it a nice break. Living part time in Atlanta the weather is almost here for some all day rides up into the Smokey Moutains,,,Blue Ridge Parkway is probably the best ride I have ever seen.
Ahh... the Parkway. I'm lucky enough to live 10 minutes from access to the parkway. I live in Roanoke, VA and I can definitely agree that it is something else. Not many roads I've been on are better, although one stands out. The Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park. THAT is a road and would be a hell of a ride.
[Reply]
Bruzee 08:24 PM 05-09-2009
Just got back from a 450 mile round trip to Oakland. There was a BBQ benifiting the family of the 4 Officers killed in the line of duty. And it was a beautiful ride. Got a little sun burn though. :-)
[Reply]
Cigary 11:51 AM 05-10-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Certainly that has to qualify for "Iron Butt" status.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up