Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Entertainment>Gears of War 2
:eevis 04:32 AM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Ditto.. the multiplayer was pretty bad imo, not to mention the people that played it.

R6V kept me busy for many many many hours online though.

Personally with so many other top tier titles hitting the shelves, this one is amidst a lengthy list, and definitely not on the top of it. If they canned another 4 and a half hour Campaign into the disc, I'll be seriously disappointed.
Thank you, I thought that I was the only person who was not as impressed with this game as everybody else. A buddy of mine is getting GoW2 and is letting me borrow it when he is done. We will see then
[Reply]
Tombstone 08:39 AM 11-07-2008
Anybody played it yet?
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:47 AM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by :eevis:
Thank you, I thought that I was the only person who was not as impressed with this game as everybody else. A buddy of mine is getting GoW2 and is letting me borrow it when he is done. We will see then
Actually, I was never much a fan either. The only reason it ever got played is cause I had friends who were always on. I didn't enjoy it very much, too repetitive.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 01:45 PM 11-07-2008
COME ON! hahaha
i think im going to rent it today and just tear it up all weekend... i know for the time a normal rental is, i could beat it.. or i hope! Knowing me and my buddy jared beat the first one as soon as it came out during a snow storm back in HighSchool! haha
we thought it would keep us busy... nope... 3-4 hours go by...
MidWest... Were hard As ****! hahaha:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:17 PM 11-07-2008
So far the game play seems to be pretty good and the graphics are absolutely nuts. Can't wait to finish the game and get online :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 04:18 PM 11-07-2008
UPS has not delivered mine yet. They need to hurry up. :-)
[Reply]
boonedoggle 04:50 PM 11-07-2008
The boy is digging it, but I found it kinda boring. He's playing online right now...hey, who needs dad?! :-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 08:36 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by boonedoggle:
The boy is digging it, but I found it kinda boring. He's playing online right now...hey, who needs dad?! :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Ironfreak 09:00 PM 11-07-2008
Nice.. I forgot that GOW2 was released today.. I just got a new job offer (Been unemployed since August).. I may have to celebrate by picking myself up a copy.. :-)
[Reply]
a2vr6 11:58 AM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Bastage, I am going to camp out in front of the store right now :-)
I guess I shouldn't mention there was a "version" flying around WEEKS ago. Need a "tweaked" 360 for it though.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:28 PM 11-10-2008
I think the new online play is absolutely crap. You can't pick the type of game or the level or anything. Unless you are in a private match the connections can suck, they pick hosts after the fact and if you are playing people from other countries you can be screwed. Horde is very fun and gets crazy around 30 or so. I just wish the online game play kept up with the graphics. :-)
[Reply]
boonedoggle 06:43 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by boonedoggle:
He beat it last night, but I guess is going back and playing with his online hoodlum chums.:-)
[Reply]
Tombstone 06:30 AM 11-11-2008
I am about 1 hour into the game. I really like it. Graphics are very good.
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 10:12 AM 11-11-2008
So know that you guys have been playing it for a while what do you think?
I really liked Gears 1, but finished the campaign in one day and I really never played it online much. I think if I were to get it, it would only be for the campaign simply because I really don't see myself playing this online over CoD4. Do you think it would be worth getting for that alone?
[Reply]
Kneo 02:24 PM 11-14-2008
I didn't care for GOW 1 but I am digging part 2. I am working on the solo part first before I do any MP.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 10:46 PM 11-14-2008
I go the game it came out and hope its better than gers one multiplayer. Hord mode is cool. With some buds I got up to level 9 on hardcore.

I guess I should bring one of my controllers so we can run some co-op at your HERF tomorrow?
[Reply]
Tombstone 05:25 PM 11-16-2008
Does anyone think that they will make a GOW3? I just beat the game. i give it an 8.5/10
[Reply]
barbourjay 11:22 AM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
Does anyone think that they will make a GOW3? I just beat the game. i give it an 8.5/10
i heard it will be a trilogy. i finished it last week. i play online every once in a while. the lag sucks horribly and i feel like i get screwed so much because of it. i'm on a 20/20 line so it shouldn't be that way but it is.
[Reply]
Tombstone 12:16 PM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
i heard it will be a trilogy. i finished it last week. i play online every once in a while. the lag sucks horribly and i feel like i get screwed so much because of it. i'm on a 20/20 line so it shouldn't be that way but it is.
DID you wait through the credits and listen to the ending dialog?
[Reply]
barbourjay 02:35 PM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
DID you wait through the credits and listen to the ending dialog?
yes, the part where macrus's dad starts flipping out. wonder if has anything to do with the imulsion and how it could just leak out everywhere now.

we shall see, but i heard they are already working on part 3 and it could be next year if they rush it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up