Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 34 > Last »
Sports>Fantasy Hockey 08-09
romwarrior 02:39 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
First complaint I have had about that in 4 years of running it....We can tweak it next year if the majority feel that way.
I've been a fantasy hockey commissioner many times and this is always a complaint. I'm in a league with only 11 managers and only two starting goalie spots and it still is a complaint. But everyone is on an even playing field no matter which way you go so I don't mind it at all. However in this league you do have to pay a little more attention to who's actually starting if you have several backups.

I didn't pre-rank my players and I got three starters but none of them are great.
Goz 04:40 PM 10-17-2008
First complaint I have had about that in 4 years of running it....We can tweak it next year if the majority feel that way.

I used the pre-rankings and got 3 good starters and 2 back-ups....but I paid for it by getting less quality scorers than most.
I used the pre-rankings as well. Did not mean it as a complaint. Just a suggestion for next year. I knew going in that there more g positions than starters in the league. I should have changed my rankings. Thanks for running this.
icehog3 05:01 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by Goz:
I used the pre-rankings as well. Did not mean it as a complaint. Just a suggestion for next year. I knew going in that there more g positions than starters in the league. I should have changed my rankings. Thanks for running this.
Absolutely...I didn't take it wrong, I certainly want the guys who participate every year to have some say in what we do. Took some suggestions to eliminate penalty minutes and a couple other categories, and to limit trades this year. Hopefully next year we can tweak it even better. :-)
stevefrench 08:30 AM 10-19-2008
I slipped to 11th place.....................it's only October!:-)
icehog3 10:15 AM 10-19-2008
Bigwaved Dave has had trouble getting to the Yahoo site....anyone else had problems?
Prefy 10:24 AM 10-19-2008
Bigwaved Dave has had trouble getting to the Yahoo site....anyone else had problems?
Weird...None for me.
Bigwaved 10:38 AM 10-19-2008
it has let me back in
icehog3 11:04 AM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by Bigwaved:
it has let me back in
:-) :-) :-) :-)
stevefrench 12:07 PM 10-19-2008
Maybe because he's not in first place.....................yet!:-)
romwarrior 12:32 PM 10-20-2008
Dammit I dropped the wrong player! I picked up Pascal Dupuis and dropped Zubrus. Then I meant to drop Arnason for Versteeg but dropped Dupuis instead. I guess you can tell who I had on my mind. :-) Foxy by proxy, baby.
Mr.Maduro 12:50 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by Beer Doctor:
The team that is leading a specific category (e.g. goals, assists) receives the most points (i.e. 16).

Example
Team Y has 10 goals
Team X has 6 goals
Team Z has 1 goal

Then Team Y gets 3 points, team X gets 2 points, and team Z gets 1 point

This gets repeated for every category. 16 being the best because we have 16 teams.

Why do we get negative points sometimes?
Beer Doctor 01:01 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Why do we get negative points sometimes?
If you are looking at the regular leader board the negative points only reflect the change in your total score. If you were at 100 on tuesday and another team surpassed you in a category (e.g. goals) than you might be at 99 on wednesday thus reflecting a -1 on your total score. If you go to the full scoreboard you will see all the "raw" stats along with the fantasy scoring. Hope that helps:-)
icehog3 02:17 PM 10-20-2008
If you are looking at the regular leader board the negative points only reflect the change in your total score. If you were at 100 on tuesday and another team surpassed you in a category (e.g. goals) than you might be at 99 on wednesday thus reflecting a -1 on your total score. If you go to the full scoreboard you will see all the "raw" stats along with the fantasy scoring. Hope that helps:-)
Gracias for posting the 'splaination. :-)
Beer Doctor 03:51 PM 10-20-2008
Gracias for posting the 'splaination. :-)
Happy to help:-)
White97Jimmy 04:27 PM 10-20-2008
I think we should bring back PIM's next year. You know, for us guys with $hitty players, at least we could get some points with them.
icehog3 10:09 AM 10-21-2008
Originally Posted by White97Jimmy:
I think we should bring back PIM's next year. You know, for us guys with $hitty players, at least we could get some points with them.
We can do that, James. I think we can have a thread during the summer for the 16 participants where we can hash out changes we would like to see for the next round.
Beer Doctor 10:14 AM 10-21-2008
We can do that, James. I think we can have a thread during the summer for the 16 participants where we can hash out changes we would like to see for the next round.
I would like to have players that pass the puck more and are not on the ice when the other team scores. Can we change that for me next year:-)
icehog3 11:33 AM 10-21-2008
I would like to have players that pass the puck more and are not on the ice when the other team scores. Can we change that for me next year:-)
Sure! Just no more Badger Alumni allowed on your team! :-) :-)
ahc4353 11:35 AM 10-21-2008
I'm in 7th place and I have no flocking idea what I'm doing!!
Beer Doctor 02:48 PM 10-21-2008
Sure! Just no more Badger Alumni allowed on your team! :-) :-)
Is it that obvious:-)

Will trade for Heatley, Reinprecht, Rafalski, Burish, Skille, R. Bourque, Pavelski, C. Joseph, Chelios, and Suter:-)
Page 2 of 8
< 12 34 > Last »
Up