Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>illusione 23 culebras
ucla695 08:44 PM 03-20-2009
Cool indeed. Great to see other culebras out there! :-)
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 09:07 PM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by islandak:
I think he's trying to say the other one is spoken for...... By him! :-)
Thank you!

Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Jeez I'm slow today :-)

:-)
:-) I've heard sleep can do wonders.. maybe those 3am posts are catching up to ya! :-)
[Reply]
Stonewall 12:42 AM 03-21-2009
Jeez I'm slow today :-)

:-)
Dan I think you should wait till I go to Troy and smoke that one with me .... Just sayin!! :-)
Josh
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:16 AM 03-21-2009
Originally Posted by Stonewall:
Dan I think you should wait till I go to Troy and smoke that one with me .... Just sayin!! :-)
Josh
Good call! When are you going to be in Troy?
[Reply]
troutbreath 03:48 PM 03-21-2009
Those are so cool.

What is the idea behind a culebras? Is it a different blend or unique RG? Does storing them bound like that change the flavor with time? Seems they would be very hard to make.
[Reply]
Stonewall 01:28 AM 03-22-2009
Good call! When are you going to be in Troy?
To be honest I don't know an exact date but I would guess it is going to be towards the end of the year, So if you can't wait I would understand. There will be tons of great sticks to smoke when I get there and even more because I am going to hit the Party Source in a big way when I make it there!
Josh
[Reply]
rizzle 01:52 PM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
Those are so cool.

What is the idea behind a culebras? Is it a different blend or unique RG? Does storing them bound like that change the flavor with time? Seems they would be very hard to make.
Not 100% on this but my understanding is that it basically started in the cuban factories where they would give the rollers a culebra as their daily ration of cigars to smoke. Or something similar to that. Maybe someone else can chime in with a definite.

And they're made just like any other cigar. Just bundled together while their still soft after rolling.
[Reply]
dmoby 08:13 PM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Not 100% on this but my understanding is that it basically started in the cuban factories where they would give the rollers a culebra as their daily ration of cigars to smoke. Or something similar to that. Maybe someone else can chime in with a definite.

And they're made just like any other cigar. Just bundled together while their still soft after rolling.
Nope just a myth. Culebras were first made by the Philippine rollers thinking the smaller ring gauge cigars would marry flavors better if they were closer, and Cuba took it from there.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up