Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Gun take-aways maybe?
AAlmeter 06:12 PM 03-18-2009
Not to sidetrack an important topic, but here is one article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/2009031..._for_treatment

I don't see this being a matter of efficiency. If I were backed over at work by a D9 dozer and my boss told me to take care of it out of my pocket, I do believe that there would be an uproar. I'm also fairly certain that there would be an uproar if the average medicaid patient were denied. Yet they contribute very little to society...especially in comparison to our service members.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 06:17 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by AAlmeter:

I don't see this being a matter of efficiency. If I were backed over at work by a D9 dozer and my boss told me to take care of it out of my pocket, I do believe that there would be an uproar. I'm also fairly certain that there would be an uproar if the average medicaid patient were denied. Yet they contribute very little to society...especially in comparison to our service members.
"private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries". You would not pay for it out of your pocket...you insurance would, just like it normally would if you were hurt! But as a democratic senator said this idea was "dead on arrival." It was an idea that was being looked into!
[Reply]
cricky101 06:22 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by AAlmeter:

Here's another article - (not an op-ed piece). Irrelevant now anyway, I guess. Nothing is happening. Groups spoke out against it, and the proposal is no more. That's how it should work :-)
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/...ref=newssearch
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 06:27 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by cricky101:
Here's another article - (not an op-ed piece). Irrelevant now anyway, I guess. Nothing is happening. Groups spoke out against it, and the proposal is no more. That's how it should work :-)
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/...ref=newssearch
:-) Something actually worked like it was supposed to. Of course it was a dumb idea in the first place!
[Reply]
AAlmeter 06:35 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
"private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries". You would not pay for it out of your pocket...you insurance would, just like it normally would if you were hurt! But as a democratic senator said this idea was "dead on arrival." It was an idea that was being looked into!
Again, I'd rather not sidetrack this thread.

Perhaps its just me, but I do not see how this could possibly work out for the benefit of anyone except the federal government. I am, generally, 100% in favor of privatizing anything possible.

The problem we have, however, is that these veterans WILL face discrimination when obtaining health insurance. Its convenient to write it off as the liability of evil insurance companies or even evil employers, but many people have a great deal of trouble getting health insurance...not because of evil capitalism or poor health or anything of the like. I am one of them, it simply was not available for anyone in my income range and location, regardless of price. Opening any veteran up to the possibility of becoming a "liability" to an employer or insurer because of their service is sick, regardless of which side of the political spectrum (if there is one anymore) one may be on.

There are plenty of ways for the federal government to save money. Cheaping out on veterans' benefits is not one that I will ever support.
[Reply]
AAlmeter 06:36 PM 03-18-2009
:-) Something actually worked like it was supposed to. Of course it was a dumb idea in the first place!
Excellent...back to the topic at hand
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 10:07 PM 03-18-2009
they can come try and take my guns but at the end of the day someone wont be standing
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:27 AM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
they can come try and take my guns but at the end of the day someone wont be standing
:-)
[Reply]
Drat 11:18 AM 03-19-2009
When they outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

If it happens, you can call me James Dean...
[Reply]
Tombstone 11:53 AM 03-19-2009
If armed soldiers came to your house to confiscate you firearms would you defend your house or submit. Think about it. If you resisted you would most likely die.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 11:55 AM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
If armed soldiers came to your house to confiscate you firearms would you defend your house or submit. Think about it. If you resisted you would most likely die.
I would not resist....then!
[Reply]
Tombstone 11:58 AM 03-19-2009
I would not resist....then!
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 12:11 PM 03-19-2009
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
You are a better man than me then! I have a family and would not die on the spot for not giving up my guns!

"Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in." Napoleon
[Reply]
Tombstone 12:14 PM 03-19-2009
You are a better man than me then! I have a family and would not die on the spot for not giving up my guns!

"Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in." Napoleon
True, just be prepared. Our founding fathers knew what threats we would face in the future both foreign and domestic.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 12:16 PM 03-19-2009
Darn...thought we were gonna have a QUOTE WARRRRRRRRRRRR! hahah :-)
[Reply]
Tombstone 12:20 PM 03-19-2009
Darn...thought we were gonna have a QUOTE WARRRRRRRRRRRR! hahah :-)
LOL! There are some very relevant quotes out there.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:37 PM 03-19-2009
Some people prefer a secure life of slavery.
Some prefer an insecure life of liberty.
There is also insecure slavery.
Freedom is always insecure.
[Reply]
Drat 03:10 PM 03-19-2009
First, I'd wonder how they found out that I had guns...

And in that scenario, if they were to shoot those who refuse to give up their guns, there would be a war before they ever made it to my door.

But since I love hypotheticals... They had better hit me with their first shot.
[Reply]
CBI_2 07:27 PM 03-19-2009
For antone who thinks gun confiscation can't happen here check out this video. It already happened during Katrina.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 07:30 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by CBI_2:
For antone who thinks gun confiscation can't happen here check out this video. It already happened during Katrina.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4
Good point!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up