Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
General Discussion>Things People Do That Amaze You
Whee 12:19 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Sapphire? :-)
:-) in a martini with blue cheese stuffed olives...:-)

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I can get everything I need right here in Wally World and have a businessman's lunch today!!
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:25 PM 03-12-2009
when my employees yell and complain to me when their check doesn't arrive to there home "on time" or at all. Its not my problem that either;

A. the mail service screwed it up (in which case we overnight them a a replacement check once deemed "lost")

or

B. You didn't notify us that you changed your address & it did not take affect with the PO yet. so it went to your old address
[Reply]
landhoney 12:27 PM 03-12-2009
My line of consulting is not the most interesting, so I'll spare you all. But something I deal with almost daily is people not following simple instructions and not reading.
I know we live in an age of ridiculous warning labels, constant advertising, etc. so we tend to shut things out and not read them. But if you hire a consultant and they say 'please read this document', please read it. There is little excuse for seeing "please sign but do not date this document' and then mailing a signed form we will not be able to use. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:27 PM 03-12-2009
People who really think that shows like "The Hills" are reality TV, as in the people on the shows aren't actors but real teenagers who do nothing but party and drink and eat out all day everyday with nary a parent to be found. :-)

When you hold the door for someone who has an arm full of boxes or anyone for that matter and there is no resemblence of a "thank you". :-)

When high school aged kids in my area go to the mall with their children and show them off to their friends and you can hear them making comments like "Thats so cool"......No thats a kid....not cool, not a doll.... a real, living, breathing child. Or the fact that 15 year olds have baby showers :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:29 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
People who really think that shows like "The Hills" are reality TV, as in the people on the shows aren't actors but real teenagers who do nothing but party and drink and eat out all day everyday with nary a parent to be found. :-)

When you hold the door for someone who has an arm full of boxes or anyone for that matter and there is no resemblence of a "thank you". :-)

When high school aged kids in my area go to the mall with their children and show them off to their friends and you can hear them making comments like "Thats so cool"......No thats a kid....not cool, not a doll.... a real, living, breathing child. Or the fact that 15 year olds have baby showers :-)
hygiene is important :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:31 PM 03-12-2009
And another thing that amazes me:

how people swallow swords!

J/K

In all reality, I am amazed at people who think that its their deserved and entitled right to sit at a drive thru window and check the food bag as if there is no one waiting in line to move up and get their food. I mean come on, move it buddy! I hate the extent of entitlement some of these A$$holes feel that they are owed in this world. that pisses me off to no end.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:32 PM 03-12-2009
I am never a big fan of people who like to honk in lines of cars from 10 cars back. If there is no where for the car in front of you to go, then why are you honking at them. Like in the drive-thru when people are in such a hurry they can't even wait until people get their change before everyone starts honking. What is the damn hurry? :-)

Originally Posted by Big Vito:
hygiene is important :-)
So is abstinence and condoms :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:32 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
When you hold the door for someone who has an arm full of boxes or anyone for that matter and there is no resemblence of a "thank you"
WOW, you have no idea how "on-point" you are with that one. NO IDEA!!! it kills me!!!
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:35 PM 03-12-2009
don't preach to me I'm not 15 or pregnant
Yet...:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:37 PM 03-12-2009
yeah Perry, when will you finally turn 15?
[Reply]
shilala 12:43 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:

In all reality, I am amazed at people who think that its their deserved and entitled right to sit at a drive thru window and check the food bag as if there is no one waiting in line to move up and get their food. I mean come on, move it buddy! I hate the extent of entitlement some of these A$$holes feel that they are owed in this world. that pisses me off to no end.
Hehehehe
How many times have you gone to McDonald's and your food was wrong and you're missing your straw? If it's not happened, you should experience our McDonald's. :-)
You'd have to be delirious not to check your bag.
It surprises me to learn that my turn at the window is a lot less important than yours. If you're too busy to wait, go home and make a sammich. :-) hehehe
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:46 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Hehehehe
How many times have you gone to McDonald's and your food was wrong and you're missing your straw? If it's not happened, you should experience our McDonald's. :-)
It surprises me to learn that my turn at the window is a lot less important than yours. If you're too busy to wait, go home and make a sammich. :-) hehehe
I'm with Scott they used to always and sometimes still do screw up our orders
[Reply]
Whee 12:46 PM 03-12-2009
Hehehehe

This has happened so I often, I go in periodically and take a couple dozen straws from the drink station and keep them in the glove box.
[Reply]
ahc4353 12:47 PM 03-12-2009
People who make wild a$$ claims with no backup data.:-)

:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:50 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
People who make wild claims with no backup data.
My friends and I say you are wrong 100% of the time :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:51 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
This has happened so I often, I go in periodically and take a couple dozen straws from the drink station and keep them in the glove box.
where do you keep your gloves?
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:54 PM 03-12-2009
don't you have a speeder to pull over?:-)
No I'm currently a receptionist right now until the arm heals. :-) And not it is not funny.
[Reply]
Whee 12:57 PM 03-12-2009
where do you keep your gloves?
:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 12:57 PM 03-12-2009
Hehehehe
No kidding. The one's who are behind me and can't wait the extra 15-20 seconds are the a-holes.
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:59 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I hate to go on a 911 call and the person is not in any distress at all and wants us to transport them anyhow because they "will get to see the doctor quicker if I go by ambulance". Matter of fact our other truck is on the way to a call right now where the chief complaint is irritation after swallowing approximately one mouthful of Pinesol.
I've personally had to deliver the message that, "Your misuse of 911 can land you in jail, 911 is for emergencies only, you call again and I'll send up charges" One lady in particular...my foot hurts I want a ride to the hospital. Mind you it was hurting and she didn't break or hit it on anything. Ring Ring 911 what is your emergency. I want a ride to the hospital. Ma'am this is 911. Go to house, remind lady of 911 use and leave. Not two minutes later same thing. This time I go to house she asks me to take her to hospital. I pull out my favorite one liner. I only give rides one way and that's to jail, if you'd like to go hop in the backseat". :-) Somehow she was mad at me but found a ride to the hospital.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up