< 12 3412 > Last »
Sports>Yankees vs. Phillies W.S. 2009
VirtualSmitty 10:59 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Yankees in 6.
Yea, that's that i'm thinking too.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:03 PM 10-25-2009
They need to finish it at home. It is only right.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:26 PM 10-25-2009
They need to finish it at home. It is only right.
My thoughts exactly! :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:37 PM 10-25-2009
They announced tonight that George will be at the Stadium for the World Series.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:39 PM 10-25-2009
They announced tonight that George will be at the Stadium for the World Series.
That's good to hear, was strange not seeing him there to accept the ALCS championship trophy. Hal just isn't the same as the Boss.
[Reply]
darkninja67 11:40 PM 10-25-2009
This could be a great series.
Phillies are gamers and have a good line up and pitching. Should be well matched. I think our offense will really wake up this series though especially with RISP.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:20 AM 10-26-2009
This should be a GREAT offensive series. Both parks are extremely hitter friendly. Bullpen nod goes to the Yanks. Fasten those seat belts, should be a good one.
[Reply]
RJK18 07:22 AM 10-26-2009
Let's see seven games and a parade down the Canyon of Heros. I want as much baseball as I can get.
[Reply]
feznuk 11:54 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by RJK18:
Let's see seven games and a parade down the Canyon of Heros. I want as much baseball as I can get.
:-) Except the parade route will be North on Broad, Right onto Pattison then hook a Left into the stadium.:-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 11:57 AM 10-26-2009
Congratulations to the Yanks making it to the World Series. I am very excited about this matchup, it should be a great series to watch.

Prediction? Phillies in 5.

GO PHILLIES!!!
[Reply]
ade06 12:01 PM 10-26-2009
I'm going with Phillies in 6!!!
[Reply]
Blueface 12:14 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Prediction? Phillies in 5.
WHAT???
Come on. Seriously?
The best team in baseball in 2009 based on record was the Yankees.
The only team to win over 100 games.
The batting arsenal they have?
The pitching?
The bullpen?

I see the Phillies as an admirable opponent as I did the Angels. No doubt that while I think I can safely argue why the Yankees are the better team, no way would I ever think the Yankees can pull this off in 5.

There is a fan and then there is a blind fan.:-)
Phillies in 5. That there is some seriously funny chit!!!
[Reply]
Blueface 12:18 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
I'm going with Phillies in 6!!!
Another dreamer.:-)
[Reply]
ade06 12:28 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Another dreamer.:-)
I'm an Orioles fan at heart, so I don't really have a horse in the race (full disclaimer… I do live in Philadelphia)… The Phillies have a soild team and are exciting to watch, and the Yankees, well… not so much. Don't forget, the Phillies are the defending World Champions! The Yankees… again, not so much. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 12:31 PM 10-26-2009
This will be a tough Series. Both teams are match up well. It will definately be a knock down fight.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:45 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
I'm an Orioles fan at heart, so I don't really have a horse in the race (full disclaimer… I do live in Philadelphia)… The Phillies have a soild team and are exciting to watch, and the Yankees, well… not so much. Don't forget, the Phillies are the defending World Champions! The Yankees… again, not so much. :-)
:-):-):-)

Yeah, Phillies won last year.
In the decade of 2000, the Yankees are now in their third World Series. Hmmm....
In their history, they are now in their 40th. Hmmm.... Of which they have won 26. Hmmm....
In 2009, the Yankees won 103 games, the Phillies 93. My simple math says we won 10 more.

I'll bite even further.
Here are the 2009 stats for both on things that shed "excitement".

Runs Phillies 820 Yankees 915
Hits Phillies 1439 Yankees 1604
HRs Phillies 224 Yankees 244
RBI Phillies 788 Yankees 881
Avg. Phillies .258 Yankees .283
Slugging Phillies .447 Yankees .478

Add 103 wins to 93 and I can clearly see why you think the Phillies are a more exciting team.:-) As I said earlier, blind.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:48 PM 10-26-2009
This will be a tough Series. Both teams are match up well. It will definately be a knock down fight.
No way.
Phillies in 5.:-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:50 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
WHAT???
Come on. Seriously?
The best team in baseball in 2009 based on record was the Yankees.
The only team to win over 100 games.
The batting arsenal they have?
The pitching?
The bullpen?

I see the Phillies as an admirable opponent as I did the Angels. No doubt that while I think I can safely argue why the Yankees are the better team, no way would I ever think the Yankees can pull this off in 5.

There is a fan and then there is a blind fan.:-)
Phillies in 5. That there is some seriously funny chit!!!
You know Carlos, I knew I'd probably catch some flack for that...I could have taken the high road and played it safe predicting a 6 or 7 game series, but I went with the bold prediction instead. The Phillies have won 16 out of their last 20 playoff games and I hope they can continue that dominance. I'd rather have a .800 win percentage in the playoffs than a .636 regular season record any day.

And like you I feel I can safely argue who the better team is. We just may not agree on the team. :-) Batter for batter, pitcher for pitcher. If the back end of the Phillies bullpen can hold it together, I see the Phillies in 5. I know that's a big "if", but that's what makes a prediction a prediction. The Yankees have the best postseason relief pitcher in the history of baseball, no doubt about it. But aside from him, what I've seen from the other relievers in the post season has been less than stellar.
[Reply]
MedicCook 12:52 PM 10-26-2009
We could take this back to 3rd grade level.

Yankees Rule and the Phillies Drool. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 12:54 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
You know Carlos, I knew I'd probably catch some flack for that...I could have taken the high road and played it safe predicting a 6 or 7 game series, but I went with the bold prediction instead. The Phillies have won 16 out of their last 20 playoff games and I hope they can continue that dominance. I'd rather have a .800 win percentage in the playoffs than a .636 regular season record any day.

And like you I feel I can safely argue who the better team is. We just may not agree on the team. :-) Batter for batter, pitcher for pitcher. If the back end of the Phillies bullpen can hold it together, I see the Phillies in 5. I know that's a big "if", but that's what makes a prediction a prediction. The Yankees have the best postseason relief pitcher in the history of baseball, no doubt about it. But aside from him, what I've seen from the other relievers in the post season has been less than stellar.
I disagree on the less than stellar pitching. Other than really one game, they did the job.
I already posted stats on both teams. If a better team is measured by hits, home runs, batting average, slugging percentage and overall wins, only a Phillies fan can argue their team is the best.
Time will tell. I am just not a blind fan that can't see the two best teams in the league are facing each other and as I have said statistically, the Yankees ARE the better team. Please show me something else on paper as I did here that shows the contrary. I just think it is blind and loony to not respect the Yankees as a formidable force and think this can end in 5 games, with a Phillies win, when again, they are statistically the better team.
I have seen crazier things happen but I have also tried to fart and paint it green and haven't been able to.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 26
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up